Dr. Thomas Grugle Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Grugle?

March 17th, 2015

Shameful

He shut down his practice with very little warning and without regard to his patients' wellbeing. He constantly flip-flopped back and forth about insurance; one day he took insurance, the next day he didn't, and back and forth. Inconsistent and inconsiderate. He was often abrupt and rude. His office assistant was great and always pleasant, though.

Doctor's Response

I'm glad you liked my assistant at least! The good news is I am reopening my practice in August 2016, so I'd love to have a chance to help you again. I'll try to be less capricious with insurance contracts (although I didn't really switch back and forth on a daily basis, and when I did drop a plan I tried very hard not to allow the change to adversely effect the patients I had, as much as the law allowed.)

SHOW

October 17th, 2014

Shuttered practice

Irresponsible the way he went about closing his practice and stabilizing his most fragile patients. Not persistent. Takes advantage of weakness. I doubt he cared about his patients at all, looking for money.

Doctor's Response

I care very much about my patients, and if I cared about money that much I sure wouldn't specialize in psychiatry!

September 16th, 2014

Trust him with my life

Most geniune, honest, caring person you could hope to have as your doctor!

May 2nd, 2014

Great doctor!

I chose this doctor for a simple reason, that he has a lot of information and accessibility for patients online (www.cybercouch.com) but I'm sure glad I did end up with him as both my psychiatrist and psychotherapist. I have only met with Dr. Grugle once, but for the first time since seeking therapy, he has made me feel confident in becoming a better me! He's a great listener and asks questions, which in my opinion, interaction is a key component to good chemistry. His admin assistants are wonderful as well.

November 7th, 2012

An EXCEPTIONAL physician

When I started seeing Dr. Tom Grugle, I was extremely ill. I had seen several psychiatrists in the past that had not been able to help me. Over my treatment with Dr. Grugle, I have been particularly impressed with him. He NEVER stops "working" or loses interest in my stability, recovery and general well being. He uses the best judgment in regards to medication and therapy. He stays on top of the latest medical research and is himself a distinguished clinical researcher. Dr. Grugle is affiliated with UT Southwestern Medical Center and Pillar Clinical Research in Dallas, TX. He truly cares and gives all he has, in regards to self and available resources. -signed a Grateful Patient

April 24th, 2011

Me

He was dishonest regarding my situation and our visit with my therapist. Was not flexible in prescribing another medication that might relieve my depression, and there are so many to try. Stuck to one. Condescending. D

February 2nd, 2010

Highly Recommend

Dr. Grugle has been excellent. I have confidence in him and his recommendations. He works with me on issues and has been outstanding in regulating my medications. I'm glad he is my doctor.

October 12th, 2009

Warm, Caring and Professional

Been seeing this physician for a long time. He's the most caring, professional and concerned doctor that I've ever seen.I highly recommend him. I just can not say enough wonderful things about him.

July 12th, 2017