A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Carter is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carter
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Carter, MD, PHD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carter has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- Providence Little Coof Mary
- Cedars Sinai Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas H Carter MD and PHD is a male Hematologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Hematology.
- Where does Dr. Thomas H. Carter practice?
- Dr. Thomas Carter has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Carter practices Hematology near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Hematologists.