A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Carter is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Carter, MD, PHD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carter has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- Providence Little Coof Mary
- Cedars Sinai Med Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 4 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas H. Carter practice?
Dr. Thomas Carter practices Hematology near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Hematologists.