Dr. Thomas Hammond Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Hammond?

July 12th, 2017

We received an appointment within an hour because I told them my husband could only see "black" in one eye. I knew it was serious and so did his staff. He was seen almost immediately and was diagnosed with a detached retina and immediately called the surgeon in Baton Rouge for an appointment the next day. He also had the surgery the next day. Thank for Dr. Thomas' expertise in his diagnosis. The office staff is excellent in their courtesy and knowledge also. Would recommend highly to anyone.

December 15th, 2014

Excellent doctor who knows his stuff. Very thorough and detailed. He takes his time with you so you may have to wait for your appointment if he's still talking with another patient. Highly recommend Dr. Hammond.

August 18th, 2014

The longest waiting time of any medical practioner

While Dr. Hammond is a fine doctor he has no respect for his patients. My mother was given an appointment at 3 p.m. in the afternoon. She was not seen until 8:30 p.m. in the evening. There were seven people scheduled ahead of her and the staff knew exactly how long things should take. My mother had to pay a nurses aide to take her there only to wait 5 hours to be seen. Either Dr. Hammond has no respect for people's time or he does not know how to run an office properly, or perhaps both, which speaks very poorly for his professionalism, competance and caring.

January 29th, 2014

4 Hour Waiting Time!

I waited four hours to see the Dr. When I asked if I could go to get a sandwich and return for the visit I was told that I could not leave and that the doors may be closed when i return. I left and returned and saw the Dr. I made a follow up appt. after my visit for a morning so I wouldn't have to wait as long. Before my next visit i was called and told I had to change my appt. to an afternoon due to the Drs. scheduled. When asked for a morning appt. I was told there were none for the next 3 months. I canceled my appt.and never returned to see the dr. I think it is a terrible practice to expect patients to wait a minimum of two to three hours to see the dr.

August 5th, 2013

Worth the wait

I have brought my parents over from the West Coast more than once for a Consult and second opinion from Dr. Hammond. Yes, you will wait but when it is your turn you will have his full attention and he is as thorough as they come. We have left his office at 9:00pm, but I don't know of any other Neurologist that is as caring, kind and knowledgeable with his patients. He caught several misdiagnosis's made by other physicians and that simply makes the wait acceptable. If you want the best, bring a good book and know when it's your turn you won't be rushed.

October 3rd, 2012

excellent rapport with him.he is thorough and does not rush the patient.highly competent.only problem is that oce in the office i have usually waited at least one hour before he can see me..

December 19th, 2011

Great doctor, horrible wait to

August 30th, 2011

SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE MEDICINE WITH HIS ATTITUDE AND HIS STAFF IS JUST AS BAD. I WAITED 4 HOURS AND WAS TOLD I HAD ANOTHER HOUR TO WAIT. HE IS CONSISTANT WITH THIS POLICY. IT STINKS. HE IS JUST GREEDY TO SCHEDULE SEVERAL APPOINTMENTS AT THE SAME TIME AND MAKE PEOPLE WAIT.

August 3rd, 2011

EXCELLENT CARING PROFESSIONAL

Most excellent doctor, compassionate, caring. Takes the time to explain everything in detail, a great communicator who listens and gives you the answers you need to hear. He never wastes your time and never talks down to you. You will be highly pleased with this top rated doctor. They don't get better than this one.

August 16th, 2017