Family Physicians, General Practitioner

34601 S Phyllis St
Black Canyon City, AZ 85324
602-249-3380
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  To all of Dr. Handeguands patients new and old  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

I have worked for the Dr. H. for over 10 years. He is a great doctor and a great friend. I trust him with my life and my familys life. Recently there have been alligations toward Dr. H. reguarding him illegally writting narcotics for a member of his staff and her husband. It angers me that people would try and destroy this man's reputation. When that employee called in and wrote her own scripts with out his knowledge. And the board never once interviewed him on this matter. Instead of owning up to her wrong doing's she blammed him. But not before she stole $11,000 in patient copays. So I guess im telling you not to believe everything you read. The fact is he hasnt been in practice for 20 something years and come highly recommended by hospitals, doctors, and top ranked Physican Magizines because he's a bad doctor he just made a bad choice in hiring his staff. Also If you call his old office you will hear from Dr. Mabilia's staff he lost his license in maricopa county. NOT TRUE. He is doing very well for him self and is very happy. WITH A LICENSE!!!!!!! Some people should mind thier own business.

|  GREAT DOCTOR, POOR FOLLOW-UP  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2009

My husband was suffering from lack of muscle control & coordination, dizziness, confusion, etc. He saw Dr. Handeguand as a new patient on a friends recommendation. During the initial exam, Dr. H was friendly, funny, and very thorough. There were some hiccups during the exam (took 7 attempts to take his blood pressure, went through 5 blood sugar monitors that didnt work), but he finally had blood drawn (5 attempts) for lab tests and ordered a chest X-ray, which we did 3 business days later. I emphasized how worried I was about my husbands condition, and Dr. H assured us hed call to set a follow-up appointment as soon as he got the results. I gave it a week after the X-rays and started calling his office. But I kept getting the voicemail of an entirely different doctor. When I finally got through, that doctors receptionist told me they were handling Dr. Hs patients on an emergency basis only, and said she had no idea when hed return. (This, instead of leaving a message on his own number stating he was out of the office, when hed return, and who to call in the meantime.) I then sent a letter requesting a call for an appointment as soon as possible to review the results. We never received that call. About 2 weeks later, I called again & was told Dr. H had moved his practice approximately 40 miles away, with no notice whatsoever. We decided at that time not to return. I requested that the test results be mailed to us, and was told by the (new?) receptionist she had no record of my husband or his results. Nearly a month later, we have still not received them nor have ever been contacted by his office. In the meantime, my husbands condition worsened; he was taken by ambulance to the hospital and spent 11 days in ICU. Hes now in an acute rehab hospital, and its unknown whether he will ever be able to use his hands or walk again. While this is certainly not Dr. Hs fault, the test results we paid for would have proven invaluable in the emergency room. I would not recommend Dr. Handeguand to any new patient. While his bedside manner is commendable, his lack of professionalism and communication with his patients are inexcusable. In addition, I would suggest you research his current probation status and previous disciplinary actions from the state board. I believe you can do much better than this.

|  Dr. Handeguand  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2009

Dr. Handeguand is awesome! He is always very curteous and makes sure that I am aware of what is going on. He doesn't just remember my name, he remembers my medical history and what is going on in my life. I couldn't ask for a better practitioner! Thanks Doc!

|  great doctor, receptionist not so much  |  show details
by Sarah on Apr 9th, 2009

He's the best Dr I've ever seen, he's nice courteous and very knowledgeable. When you don't understand he sits there and explains things to you, not just use big words to confuse you and leave you in the dust. His bedside manners are great, even though the waiting sucks (expect to be one of the only people in the waiting room and still somehow end up waiting at least an hour) by the time I get to actually see him he's so nice I've forgotten how cranky I was about waiting.Only problem: His receptionist is a B!@CH!!!!! Hispanic, terrible blond highlights- avoid her like the plague. I haven't just had one bad experience with her, its not like she was rude once and I wrote her off. She is a complete (leaving out as much foul language to describe her as possible)... She is rude every time I make an appointment, if I ask for a Dr's note she is nosey about it and has actually told me no before even though he told her to write me one. I'm not one of those chronically sick people who sees the dr all the time, but when I'm sick and I want a note the last thing I want is the receptionist to be a jerk. Other than her, the staff is very nice and friendly.

|  DR. HANDEGUAND  |  show details
by MARLENE VANDYKE on Mar 19th, 2009

DR. HANEGUAND IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR .. HE IS A GREAT LISTERNER AND IS EXTREEMLY ACCURATE IN DIAGNOSING ANY HEALTH ISSUE.HE IS ALSO FRIENDLY AND CARING ...

|  Great communicator!  |  show details
by maryzeee on Sep 14th, 2007 on kudzu.com

He really listens to you, unlike some doctors. He also explains things better than any doctor I ever had. He's not afraid to ask for tests and he is very persistant when trying to get records, test result, etc. from other doctors and hospitals.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com