Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 8th, 2015

Dr. Heckman is a sweet and thoughtful doctor. He really does care. I know I am a complicated case, and I believed and still believes he cares. I think he has gotten so busy that this has affected getting a followup appointment in a timely manner, so you have to wait 4-6 weeks, even when things aren't going well for you. When you call and ask if he can call you back, I think he has gotten too busy to call back in a timely manner also, or you don't even know if he got the message. So trying to get pain under control gets dragged out too long. Dr. Heckman is a good man and a good doctor. It's just hard to get to talk with him when something feels wrong because you can only go through his office staff and they always tell you how busy he is.

Doesn't give up show details Doesn't give up
May 5th, 2015

Dr. Heckman gives me hope that I will feel better. He is thorough with his questions and examinations, he listens without making snap decisions, he puts the pieces together, he is so kind and respectful. He is trying to help me even though it's complicated and I am so grateful.

by Mrs B on Sep 27th, 2013

Caring practical and informative.

The Pain Eraser show details The Pain Eraser
by Barbara M on Sep 20th, 2013

Cannot say enough wonderful words about Dr. Heckman. Considerate, compassionate, thorough, thoughtful. He let's you talk about your pain and not dismiss it with a snap diagnosis. Recently performed a hip injection on me and I didn't even know he had done it. I call him my pain eraser!

Excellent and compassionate doctor show details Excellent and compassionate doctor
Nov 16th, 2012

Dealing with pain can be quite frustrating. Dr. Heckman is great at explaining the cause(s) for your pain and takes a multi-prong approach to relieve your pain. He has a great bedside manner and personality, always talking with you and never at you. I highly recommend him as a doctor and feel fortunate to have him as mine.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!! show details Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!
by D. Marlowe on Mar 5th, 2010