Obstetricians & Gynecologists
12200 Park Central Dr
Ste 410
Dallas, TX 75251
972-490-5970
Locations and availability (3)

Jun 23rd, 2014

I had complications with a small surgical procedure and he made a personal call to check on me the next morning. Totally would recommend him.

|  A Doc!  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2014

I came to Dr. Heffernan with stage iv endometriosis that one doctor was supposed to help eliminate and perform a total hysterectomy/appendectomy on me for. That doc got so scared when he opened me up he immediately sewed me back and said go to a specialist. Dr. Heffernan was confident and skilled. He calmly explained my options and agreed to perform surgery via Davinchi. He took care of my extensive issues with ease. Surgery went smoothly and recovery has been so much easier than expected. I would recommend him to anyone! One caveat--as with other reviews, prepare to wait at your appointment for awhile. Usually I would not like that, but after seeing how much time he spends with patients I totally understand. Bring a book to read. He is worth it!

|  patient  |  show details
by Aurora Salve Ongpauco on Mar 4th, 2014

Dr. Heffernan is a genuine talented surgeon who is very compassionate and devoted to his patients. He brings joy and hope into your life regardless of your health status. He is a surgeon who utilizes his gifted talent to the utmost of his good intention, which is healing. My greatest gratitude to his world class genuine service and his heartfelt kindness that makes feel secured and comfortable which ultimately has contributed so much to my quick recovery. Thank you Lord for blessing Dr.Heffernan his healing hands to have operated on me. I would not hesitate to highly recommend him to everyone.

|  Dr. Heffernan and Da Vinci..a great team  |  show details
by Gloria W on Oct 19th, 2013

I had a wonderful experience, thanks to Dr. Heffernan's expertise. Very little pain and an amazingly quick return to my normal activities. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a hysterectomy!

|  This Dr. Has it ALL!!!  |  show details
by Julia C. on Jan 15th, 2013

I have been an RN for 15 years (10 years spent as a travel RN) and I am very picky about physicians. Your outcome really does depend on God, your Dr., and you. I have never had a procedure performed on me personally until recently and Dr. Heffernan did his usual wonderful job. (I say usual because I have taken care of many of his patients who rave about him...and yes it is all well deserved!). He is a consumate professional, explains everything so that anyone could understand, speaks to you in such a caring and compassionate manner as if he knows exactly what your are experiencing. Not only is he an excellent physician he could also be a Model for some Men with style magazine. I can't say enough good things about my experience. His office is very modern and the staff is also very informative and thorough. If you happen to be in need of a great Dr. in this area Dr. Heffernan lives up to the hype.

|  All doctors should be like Dr. Heffernan!  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

This man knows his stuff when it comes to endometrial pre cancer. He gave me options for treatment that I had never heard of before and I wish I could have had care like this 10 years ago. I ended up having a hysterectomy (and vertical sleeve at the same time). Surgery was done with the Davinci robot at Plano Presby. I had an amazing recovery! I had surgery on Friday, used my pain pump through sunday morning and then no pain meds after. I was at the tx state fair one week after surgery and did fine. IF YOU ARE FACING HYSTERECTOMY DUE TO PRE-CANCER/CANCER AND ARE STILL OF CHILD BEARING AGE, PLEASE SEE DR. HEFFERNAN!!!!!!!!!

|  Amazing  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

I had a very unusual growth that was challenging with robotics. Dr. Heffernan was able to remove the entire thing with his awesome skills. He was very up front about risks but avoided them all. I was home about 20 hours after the surgery was complete. I am still just awe-struck by what he was able to accomplish. He is definitely the "go to" guy for robot-assisted surgery!!

|  My Incredible Experience - Removal of 24 lb. cyst  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

In March, 2012, I was a patient of Dr. Heffernan for the removal of a 24-pound benign ovarian cyst. It apparently had been growing for a number of years, and I just thought I was gaining weight(!) Imagine my surprise to find that I have this huge tumor! Dr. Heffernan handled my surgery and care in the most gracious, kind, calm, and gentle manner. He is the most caring doctor you could ask for. He is extremely intelligent in his field, and performed this amazing surgery on me using robotic surgery. This was minimally invasive surgery, and I mean minimal (a 3-inch and two 1/2 inch incisions) which are now completely healed. I was absolutely amazed in the ability to remove this huge tumor via such small incisions. I lost over 30 pounds, and am feeling great - back to my old self again! I would highly recommend Dr. Heffernan to anyone in need of OB surgery services. I feel extremely fortunate to have had Dr. Heffernan as my surgeon. Thank you Dr. Heffernan, for all your wonderful care!

|  Very calm and considerate doctor  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2011

Dr. Thomas Heffernan is a very kind and considerate doctor. His smile is very comforting in some situations .. He actually understands if you have some special needs and recommends the treatment. He doesn't just blindly follow the book and remove the uterus just because you have cancer. he analyses the stage and the intensity and then suggests the recommended treatment. I am very impressed with his calm and cool nature and the way he treats me and my husband. I will surely recommend Dr. heffernan to others .. I am not quite impressed with the office staff but I dont care.. I got the best doctor to treat my cancer :)

Sep 14th, 2011

Dr. Heffernan impressed me with his calm, professional demeanor as well as his willingness to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction. I will absolutely recommend him to any of my friends that require a physican with his specialities.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

Dr. Heffernan is a great doctor and a great man. Unlike other doctors, he cares of every single once of his patients and really works hard on finding the right treatment for everyone. Definitely recommend this doctor.

|  Dr. Heffernan is the best doctor  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

I can only say great things about Dr. Heffernan. He is professional and yet it is very easy to talk to, it is very easy to like and trust him and feel that you are in good hands.He performed the DiVinci procedure on me and procedure he did quickly (12 mins), the recovery is quick (2 wks top). I recommend it 100%. You might have to wait to see him, but I know he's spending what time he needs to with each patient. When treating people with Cancer it can be very emotional. He gives the time that you need to ask question and talk. He explains things very well.

|  Lifesaver  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

All questions were answered truthfully & in the kindest way possible. The nurses were ab fab. They have a wealth of info that can help you thru tough times. Dr Munoz & Heffernan & their staff are simply the best. King of the Da Vinci machine!!

Jun 15th, 2011

I found Dr. Heffernan a caring and professional doctor who explains anything in a way you would understand. I totally enjoyed having this doctor as my doctor.

|  so gratefu;  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

Dr. Thomas Heffernan and his staff are so kind compassionate He will look you in the eyes when telling you your diagnosis and it truley shows that he cares. I would recommend him to anyone.