Dr. Thomas Heffernan MD Patient Reviews

no change

July 7th, 2016
awesome Doctor......

April 20th, 2016
I have a complicated case of endometriosis that is impacting my digestive system. After getting opnions from five highly-rated gyneologic oncologists in Dallas, I selected Dr. Heffernan for treatment. He is one of the only doctors who took the time to pull up CAT scan and MRI images and explain what we were looking at during an office visit. I appreciated his calm demeanor and patience when he explained my situation to me and to my very stressed out mother. He is a thoughtful listener, does his homework when it comes to his patients and passionate about practicing medicine. He and his staff have been great about answering questions or addressing issues when they have come up. I also appreciate his conservative treatment approach in my case. Many docs recommended doing surgery immediately, but the medical treatment I'm doing before surgery is working and in then end won't take as much of a toll on my body. Also, the waiting room in the Dallas office is comfy and has a nice atmosphere with plenty of magazines and softer lighting. This may sound like small potatoes, but when you start to spend so much time in waiting rooms you start to appreciate when a practice works to create a nice waiting place for patients and their families.

February 15th, 2016
Great doctor
Dr Heffernan took the time to carefully listen and answer my wuestions and concerns. His combination of knowledge, expertise, experience and compassion make him a great doctor. I am so blessed to have been referred to him. I would HIGHLY recommend him for your care.

October 12th, 2015
Exceptional physician, would recommend him to anyone!

June 23rd, 2014
I had complications with a small surgical procedure and he made a personal call to check on me the next morning. Totally would recommend him.

April 29th, 2014
A+ Doc!
I came to Dr. Heffernan with stage iv endometriosis that one doctor was supposed to help eliminate and perform a total hysterectomy/appendectomy on me for. That doc got so scared when he opened me up he immediately sewed me back and said go to a specialist. Dr. Heffernan was confident and skilled. He calmly explained my options and agreed to perform surgery via Davinchi. He took care of my extensive issues with ease. Surgery went smoothly and recovery has been so much easier than expected. I would recommend him to anyone! One caveat--as with other reviews, prepare to wait at your appointment for awhile. Usually I would not like that, but after seeing how much time he spends with patients I totally understand. Bring a book to read. He is worth it!

March 4th, 2014
patient
Dr. Heffernan is a genuine talented surgeon who is very compassionate and devoted to his patients. He brings joy and hope into your life regardless of your health status. He is a surgeon who utilizes his gifted talent to the utmost of his good intention, which is healing. My greatest gratitude to his world class genuine service and his heartfelt kindness that makes feel secured and comfortable which ultimately has contributed so much to my quick recovery. Thank you Lord for blessing Dr.Heffernan his healing hands to have operated on me. I would not hesitate to highly recommend him to everyone.

October 19th, 2013
Dr. Heffernan and Da Vinci..a great team
I had a wonderful experience, thanks to Dr. Heffernan's expertise. Very little pain and an amazingly quick return to my normal activities. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a hysterectomy!

January 15th, 2013
This Dr. Has it ALL!!!
I have been an RN for 15 years (10 years spent as a travel RN) and I am very picky about physicians. Your outcome really does depend on God, your Dr., and you. I have never had a procedure performed on me personally until recently and Dr. Heffernan did his usual wonderful job. (I say usual because I have taken care of many of his patients who rave about him...and yes it is all well deserved!). He is a consumate professional, explains everything so that anyone could understand, speaks to you in such a caring and compassionate manner as if he knows exactly what your are experiencing. Not only is he an excellent physician he could also be a Model for some Men with style magazine. I can't say enough good things about my experience. His office is very modern and the staff is also very informative and thorough. If you happen to be in need of a great Dr. in this area Dr. Heffernan lives up to the hype.

November 27th, 2012
All doctors should be like Dr. Heffernan!
This man knows his stuff when it comes to endometrial pre cancer. He gave me options for treatment that I had never heard of before and I wish I could have had care like this 10 years ago. I ended up having a hysterectomy (and vertical sleeve at the same time). Surgery was done with the Davinci robot at Plano Presby. I had an amazing recovery! I had surgery on Friday, used my pain pump through sunday morning and then no pain meds after. I was at the tx state fair one week after surgery and did fine. IF YOU ARE FACING HYSTERECTOMY DUE TO PRE-CANCER/CANCER AND ARE STILL OF CHILD BEARING AGE, PLEASE SEE DR. HEFFERNAN!!!!!!!!!

August 15th, 2012
Amazing
I had a very unusual growth that was challenging with robotics. Dr. Heffernan was able to remove the entire thing with his awesome skills. He was very up front about risks but avoided them all. I was home about 20 hours after the surgery was complete. I am still just awe-struck by what he was able to accomplish. He is definitely the "go to" guy for robot-assisted surgery!!

May 25th, 2012
My Incredible Experience - Removal of 24 lb. cyst
In March, 2012, I was a patient of Dr. Heffernan for the removal of a 24-pound benign ovarian cyst. It apparently had been growing for a number of years, and I just thought I was gaining weight(!) Imagine my surprise to find that I have this huge tumor! Dr. Heffernan handled my surgery and care in the most gracious, kind, calm, and gentle manner. He is the most caring doctor you could ask for. He is extremely intelligent in his field, and performed this amazing surgery on me using robotic surgery. This was minimally invasive surgery, and I mean minimal (a 3-inch and two 1/2 inch incisions) which are now completely healed. I was absolutely amazed in the ability to remove this huge tumor via such small incisions. I lost over 30 pounds, and am feeling great - back to my old self again! I would highly recommend Dr. Heffernan to anyone in need of OB surgery services. I feel extremely fortunate to have had Dr. Heffernan as my surgeon. Thank you Dr. Heffernan, for all your wonderful care!