Dr. Thomas Heil MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

May 19th, 2017
Has lost his compassion in patient's care
I have never seen a doctor so quickly and had less communication and walked out not knowing what to do or how he was going to help me. He didn't say what he thought what could be wrong, just said schedule for a steroid injection. I called the office when I got home, the office would not answer any of my question..just repeated to schedule the injection. I will never go back there bc he was rude, didn't listen, just came in said to schedule something and walked out. Didn't ask do I have any questions or concerns..the only way I was able to know why he wanted me to get the injection done was the paperwork his nurse gave me. He was completely arrogant and acted like he could not be bothered. It was really disappointing and sad to see a doctor that just lost all bedside manner. I read bad reviews before I saw him but I though oh I will give him a chance. Don't see this dr!! The staff was nice..

May 11th, 2017
Don't waste your time or money
I saw the Dr. for literally 1 min, he said to schedule an injection and that there was no medication that would help you. I spent more time with NP and that was about 3 minutes and I felt that I was not heard nor given a plan of actions. I stated that my pain in constant throughout the day and I literally ended up walking out of the office in tears. This is exactly why I did not want to go to a pain management dr was the last resort for me. Don't even bother. I'm not an addict, haven't even been on any medication in over 6 months but was treated like my pain nor my day to day struggle didn't even matter. I have never spent less time with a dr or have ever dealt with one so rude in my life. And I work in a medical field.

December 5th, 2016
Dr. Heil didn't shake me or my daughter's hand. He was very short. He spoke to me about my condition like I was ignorant and I didn't know what was going on with my health. When he was through he said he would be right back and he never returned. The office itself was terrible. They were rude and unprofessional. I will never return there again. Terrible horrible service. He doesn't need to be a doctor and he needs to get some people skills. Unprofessional all around.

June 21st, 2016
Terrible
I would not waste time with Dr. Heil. Initially his calm demeanor was believed to be of confidence and assurance, but after an AWFUL experience, I would say it is more indifference and/or lack of competence. After a procedure which he assured would be no problem and would help my condition, I now feel much worse. To make matters worse, he acted as if I was the problem, refusing to accept responsibility or provide additional assistance after his own diagnosis and procedure. The Southeast pain clinic in general unfortunately seems like a money pit for unfortunate souls like myself in chronic pain who feel they have nowhere else to turn. After coming out of pocket over $3.000, feeling WORSE, leaving the doctor stumped as to what to do next, and experiencing poor customer service to boot, please, I beg you, look elsewhere.

April 15th, 2016
This is the worse Dr I even seen. Dr. Heil do not listen to his patients.... Well let me say he did not listen to me as a result caused a minor procedure to go wrong. He didn't not apologize or show empathy. He is extremely arrogant. He lack compassion I and people skills. This Dr. need to learn how to listen to his patients and eat two large humble pies.

March 24th, 2016
Arrogant and doesn't listen to a word you say. Very uncaring and cold.

February 24th, 2016
Great caring Doctor, saw him for pain management
I saw Dr Heil for pain management at SouthEast Pain Management at University. Although he was late getting to see me, I would highly recommend him. He is caring and spend time listening. This was my first appointment and feel at this time we have a plan to hopefully get my pain manageable when other doctors told me to just deal with the pain.

September 6th, 2015
I saw Dr.hiel year's ago many years ago at the kings mt.place. He's a wonderful smart, Dr. And could not just make you a patient, he become a life saver with to hurneated disc,with time physical therapy medicine and some amazing procergers he can Hes a top of the line with what he treats. I also like the fact be just thorws lain meds to you,the have there place, but don't see him just for meds because he's a good honest man that can help you.I'm living proof.

August 27th, 2015
I am pain free. Enough said.

June 24th, 2014
Long Term Pain Management Treatment Fifteen Years!!!!!!!!
There are some pain that can not be fixed! I have had two back surgeries the last one my L-4 and L-.5 disc had my spinal cord and nerves crushed. I could not walk!!!! I had surgery with Charlotte neurosurgery and spine! They are top in the field!!! My Dr.. Is the carolina panther's surgeon! I had rods and screws and bone implanted! I still have many other issues! They recommended strongly that I go back in pain management!! I did not want too. It has been 5 months and boy am I ready!!!!! Be careful not to judge!!! Sometimes medicine is ones only help!!! chronic pain Is mind, body and soul!!! I am waiting on my Doctor to refer me!!! It can not come to soon!!! I have tried it all!!!!! Thank God for Doctors that want to help you function!!!!! There are not enough of them!!!!!! IF you have nerve issues or back pain be safe do not go to an Orthopedic Clinic. Go to a specialist! Someone could paralyze You working on nerves and spinal cord!!!!! Beware!!!! been there done that!!! I have been to Duke, and countless other avenues!!! I am very humble and thankful for pain specialist!! God bless them all!!! Thank You! Hope this Clears things UP!!! I am a chronic pain disabled female!!!!!!!! Hopeless and living in pain. Wish my appointment was yesterday!

January 21st, 2012
Does not care about patients, not helpful, not knowledgeable.
I went to this practice for help with a chronic pain problem. He did not make me feel like he cared about me or my health at all. He did not offer any suggestions, recommendations for further testing or treatment, or referrals to other specialists. I did all the research and came to him to see if what I discovered could be the cause or if a certain specialist would be good to see and if I could get a referral to see them. I did everything they asked over the 5 months they "treated" me. I took all the meds they wanted me to and weened off the meds that were actually helping me. I am looking for another doctor that will actually help me and treat my pain. If you r in pain, I would not recommend this doctor or practice if you want to be out of pain.

July 1st, 2011
The Nurses at the University office are rude.
Dr Heil is a great Dr. Unfortunately his Nurses are discourteous. When you call for medication, they act like they don't want to be bother. they don't practice continuity of care, also they are not patient advocates. Called the Manager, never received a call back.