Dr. Thomas Herriges Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Herriges?

Great doctor!

Posted on August 18th, 2017

I have been with Dr. Herriges for 20 plus years, have never been disappointed with him but sometime the wait time is longer than 30 min.

My Gynecologist for over 3p Over 30 years a patient.

Posted on June 7th, 2017

I have been Dr Herriges for over 30 years and he is the best Gynecologist I have ever had. That is the reason I've been his patient that long. He is compassionate..caring and just a wonderful human being. I would prefer anyone to his office. They would be very grateful after their first visit.

Great doctor

Posted on October 17th, 2015

Very great person. This is my third c-section. He is very patient. He knew it was very risky this time around but he listened very well. We came from far away to have him as a doctor. He is THE best! I had my second c-section with him as well and both times went great.

The best OBGYN

Posted on August 10th, 2015

Dr. Herriges is the best doctor I have ever seen. He is very knowledgeable, kind and he has lots of patience. He takes his time and he doesn't rush the appointments. I heard only great things about him even if I don't live in IL anymore !

Amazing doctor.

Posted on February 19th, 2013

I loved doctor Herriges when I had my first child, but I didn't realize just how amazing he was until I moved away and had to find a new OB for my second baby. No one else even comes CLOSE. The time he spends with you during each appointment is apparently very unusual for a doctor. He took the time to really explore any questions I had and was great at putting my mind at ease. I truly looked forward to seeing him each appointment and he made my delivery a wonderful experience. If only I still lived nearby!!!

Posted on October 5th, 2012

outstanding doctor in all areas you know everything about a womans body when you leave out of his office.

Highly recommended and very skilled.

Posted on May 28th, 2011

Dr Herriges is wonderful. I moved to the Roger's Park area at 6 months pregnant and every doctor I spoke to gave him glowing reviews. He helped me through a very difficult pregnancy and then later saved my life after a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. As another reviewer noted Dr. Herriges and his wife are very nice and helpful and he takes his time with you and is very thorough. I would recommend him to anyone as an OB/GYN.

Could be the Best or Worst OBGYN for you.

Posted on September 29th, 2010

If you need a C-Section, this doctor is the guy to go to. He stitched up my wife's incision with great skill. The scar is barely noticeable. I imagine the skill comes from performing LOTS of C-sections.So we birthed our first two children with Dr Herriges. If you go with the flow and submit to the medical model of childbirth, He is the nicest OBGYN you'll ever come across. That was the experience of the first birth. We were 1 week overdue, my wife was induced, induction failed (surprise!!) and she was sectioned. Thankfully he did say my wife could have a natural birth the next time around.After this experience along with lots of reflection, my wife felt this experience just wasn't right. Things didn't add up. So, she educated herself on natural childbirth and VBAC and soon I jumped on board as well.She designed a birth plan and wanted to take ownership of her birth experience. When she presented Dr Herriges with her plan, out came the red pen and many many requests were slashed off the list. His dismissive remarks of natural childbirth as being "granola" were many. He also employed his manipulative statements regarding possible risks factors: "there is a 1% chance of (insert complication) happening, but if it happens to you its 100%."So we carried on and foolishly & did not search for another provider. On the day of birth as labor dragged on for hours and hours, Dr Herriges pushed to have us sign consent to C-section forms. We refused and he was NOT pleased. He proceeded to engage in a yelling match with my wife (WHILE IN LABOR) explaining his disapproval or our own research on Vaginal Birth after C-Section and he dismissed that being in a calm setting and focusing on the birth would have any positive influence on getting labor going. Next he warned us that the risk of carrying on without intervention would lead to a baby born with palsy because the baby was tachycardic. Thankfully we educated ourselves on tachycardia and how to understand the medical instruments. The baby was fine. He also explained that my wife's pelvis was untested and probably unable to birth a baby.After continued conflict with Dr Herriges, I took him outside and instructed him to stay away from our room and he was banned unless I requested his presence. 6 hours later....our baby was born vaginally. No Palsy, Healthy, 10 lb baby boy. Funny thing....while waiting for the Placenta to pass, Dr Herriges looked up to the clock (it was 10pm) and unwittingly said, "well looks like I missed my daughter's birthday party." Needless to say our next baby will not be born in a hospital or attended by an OBGYN. It will be at home with a Midwife. Thanks Doc!

Posted on December 20th, 2009

I am alive because of Dr. Herriges. He was the dr. on call the last night that i complained about pressure in my chest. Dr. Herriges ordered a CT scan in order to rule out a blood clot. Thank goodness because I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism and immediately treated. Though Dr. Herriges is not my Dr. he visited me every day I was in the hospital. He would also come and see me when I called for him. My baby boys, my husband, and my parents will always be thankful to Dr. Herriges- because of him I am still surrounded by my loved ones.

Posted on September 27th, 2017