Dr. Thomas High MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Atlanta, GA

September 9th, 2015
Finally! No More Looking!
Takes his time, reassuring and trusting. Very patient and makes sure you understand all; both diagnosis and treatment. Great sense of humor. Doesn't just try to push a pill on you. I think I've found my doctor!

May 12th, 2014
the worst
Seriously, this guy was supposed to be my Primary Care Physician per my new Humana plan -- and, let me tell you, I raced home to call my health care company and changed that to another doctor fast. I don't know what this guy's problem is/was but he -- without benefit of examining, testing, checking my health records -- basically accused me of trying to hustle drugs out of him. And I don't even drink! I have the same basic prescription that I fill ONCE A YEAR (so hardly abusive) and he wasn't having any of it; we never got into the discussion phase. It was pure Drama Ambush and, man, are we in trouble if this is the face of health care in Atlanta. At least it wast fast; after five seconds of seeing this jerk, I knew it was time to go and find someone else. Edit Remove

April 17th, 2014
dissatified patient
This Doctor is rude, vulgar and has the WORST bedside manner of any doctor that I have ever been to. He was not confident of his diagnosis or treatment plan. I left his office in as much pain as I arrived and he gave me a prescription that three pharmacy said did not exists anymore. When the Pharmacist and I call his office for a different medication, he or his staff did not contact me for an alternative medication nor did he contact my pharmacist. The staff is unorganized and detached from the patient. I saw a different Dr. today that properly diagnosed me, gave me three different prescriptions, told me to rest over the weekend and if I was not better by Monday then come back in right away. I am now out of pain, able to rest and knowing that I am getting better thanks to the Dr. I saw this morning NOT DR. HIGH I would let this guy treat my Dog and I sure would not call him a healer

October 11th, 2013
Medical office mgr
I am befuddled by the extremes of these reviews. I swear the good ones must have been written by Dr. High himself, as I have never been treated more rudely by another physician in my life! We were looking for another PCP as his long time internist doesn't complete "forms" and my husband had just been released from St. Joe's hosp. and needed to follow up for his short term disability (also, I work in the same office complex as Dr. High, which would just make things more convenient. From the minute he walked in, he was rude, condescening and pretty much accusing us of trying to milk the system. He apparently assumed that my husband was going to file for SS disability, which, most definitely, was not the case. The whole appt went this way, ending with the doctor accusing us of wanting to get narcotics from him, as St. Joe's had given him a prescription for anxiety while in ICU, a medication my husband was not on prior to his hospital stay. I could go on and on, but just suffice it to say, STAY CLEAR OF THIS QUACK!!!

May 29th, 2012
Business Analyst
Dr. High is an extremely caring and considerate doctor. He is truly concerned with his patience overall health and well-being. I have been a patient of his for over 20 years. Although, the wait can be somewhat protracted, you are not short-changed during your visit with him. He is truly worth any wait! His bedside manner is impeccable! He is a wonderful doctor and I highly recommend him. He is thorough, knowledgeable and remains current on the lastest treatment as it relates to your specific condition. I wouldn't change for anything.

March 3rd, 2011
RUDE!!!
I recently moved from Ohio and needed to see a new doctor and wasn't sure where to go. I had been seeing a different doctor back at home and was prescribed a medication and met monthly with my doctor because it was a controlled substance. When I came to see Dr. High he immediately was rude when he came in to see me. He assumed I was just trying to get him to prescibe me this because I just wanted it. He insinuated I wanted to sell it or use it for a "social setting." I have never been treated this way by a doctor my entire life. Not only did he not take time to even talk to me or ask me question but was rushing me out the door. I was very confused by this behavior. The entire situation made me almost cry because of the way he treated me. I suggest looking further if looking to make an appointment with this man.

February 21st, 2011
Great Doctor - poor staff
I continue to go to Dr. High Despite his staff. They are not responsive to refills, call backs, calling with lab results. They can be rude when setting up appointments. Says a lot about the doctor that I continue to go back given the nature of the staff.

December 22nd, 2009
TThis Dr out to be ousted from his profession. HE is the most rude, egotistcal, condescending MD i have ever seen and will NEVER see him again if he were the LAST MD ON EARTH!

November 30th, 2009
Best in Atlanta-if you can get him-as everyone wants him
Dr. High came as a recommendation upon moving to Atlanta almost 15 yrs ago. Dr. High answers all my concern and questions with answers that are easily understood. He has been thorough with advice, diagnosis and suggested treatments-never rushes through, each visit reinforces my reason for keeping him as my Family practioner. His referrals have also been excellent.

March 25th, 2008
I wouldn't go back to this doctor
Doctor High refused to send me to the specialists I needed. I had an HMO. He was unable to give me a diagnosis or treat my illness. I feel that because of this delay my medical condition worsened a lot. During this time my illness progressed to the point that I am now disabled. Early diagnosis was the key.