Dr. Thomas Holmes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 14 reviews

August 25th, 2015
This physician would walk out of the appointment after 5-7 minutes in mid-sentence and instruct me to return in 4-5 weeks dragging the diagnostic process out far longer than need be. Another physician counseled me to complete the last test and then move on. The staff can be rude and curt, you are not allowed to use a restroom in the office, and I along with other physicians had difficulty securing my records. And for the record, he was not able to arrive at a diagnosis.

June 4th, 2015
Horrible
2 minutes with me total in 2 visits.

December 26th, 2014
My friend has been going to Dr Holmes for quite some time now and I just recently took her and met him. He does seem to be a very compassionate and caring doctor. My friend and I had discussed an important issue while there in his office and he advised he could write a note regarding this issue and put it in her file and I could fill out the patient authorization release form to then obtain the note. I think he may have even said we could get it while there, but none of us remembered to before my friend and I left his office. I called up some time later and left message for his nurse on a Monday and called again on Wed and was told by the girl who answered that they usually return calls within 24 hours. (Well I had waited 48 hrs before calling back to give benefit of doubt); by Friday I still had not received a call back and I called again on Friday after another 48 hours and of course by that time was very frustrated and the girl on the other end, when I spelled my last name for her (and gave my # for the 3rd time that week) got snippy and said I know how to spell your last name. I have yet to receive a call back, two or three weeks later. I feel it is very unprofessional not to call people back and if you are not able to honor a particular request (even though was told when sitting in his office it could be done) then at least have the decency and common courtesy to call me back and tell me. So I don't know if, in this situation the Dr never got the message, or he did and told her not to worry about it.... If I had the final say (I am POA for my friend, and am not making decisions for her, but WITH her), I would find another neurologist to go to because of this, but last time I checked with my friend she wanted to continue going to him. This is not the first time I have had difficulty getting a call back from his nurse by the way. The first time, when she finally called me back she claimed she had been given the wrong # to call......

December 11th, 2013
OUTSTANDING & BRILLIANT DOCTOR!!!
Dr. Holmes is an outstanding, brilliant & caring physician. He is top of the line in his field, you cannot find another doctor more sharp or more current on the medical technology for seizures. You can always rely on getting his full attention during appoints. His compassion and professionalism shine through each and every time. He is extremely busy and you do wait for an appointment but it is totally worth the wait. He has treated my husband for over 10 years for seizures and we wouldn't consider ever going anywhere else. Please don't leave the Atlanta area Dr. Holmes, we would be lost without you!!

September 30th, 2013
Great Doctor/ Not so Great Office Staff
I love Dr. Holmes. He is a thoughtful, knowledgeable physician. He seems to really care about his patients. That being said, the office staff at Marietta Neurology is very hard to work with. They have made many mistakes ordering my tests (i.e. a CAT scan instead of an MRI). The nurses are very hard to get through to and when you do, the answers you get are often wrong, even contradicting what Dr. Holmes says. If you have a neurological condition that may require immediate attention, I would not go to this office. You will have trouble getting through to the Dr. when you need him the most.

July 10th, 2013
Office hard to work with
Dr. Holmes is a competent neurologist. But he stays so booked up, that if you need to reschedule an appointment, even more than 1 month in advance, you'll be waiting another 2 months. It is very difficult to get a return call from a nurse, and even the answering service does not answer the phone. Dr. Holmes - good. The support systems within his office - not good.

April 4th, 2013
BRILLIANT young doctor! My mom was sufferring memory loss...and Dr Holmes nailed it and got her on moderate Alzheimer meds!! THANK you Dr Holmes!!

September 1st, 2012
Dr. Holmes is the epitome of a professional and is very caring. My husband has Parkinson's and was being treated by another neurologist who he had seen for years, however, it was necessary to change doctors. Because he is so young we were a little concerned, however, he has continued treatment for my husband who has done very well considering the disease. Dr. Holmes is very knowledgeable and compassionate. We highly recommend Dr. Holmes. God bless you, Dr. Holmes and please don't change. The only issue we have is having our calls returned by the nurse and we rarely call.

May 21st, 2012
THE BEST
Dr. Holmes is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever seen. He listens, he answers questions, he takes whatever time it takes. It is hard to get an appointment-no fault of his-just a busy doctor.

April 4th, 2012
AWESOME DOCTOR
Dr. Holmes is one of the most caring, compassionate doctors I have ever seen (and I am over 60). He listens with care and concern-there is no doubt he genuinely cares about your health. It takes a long time to get to see him-doesn't that tell you something?

August 10th, 2011
Excellent Caring Doctor
This practice is very professional. I have seen two doctors at this practice and both are exceptional. Although, I would rate Dr. Holmes the highest. He spends time answering your questions. This isn't just a job to him his mannerism is one of concern for his patients. He has a very sweet disposition about him. You know you are in good hands. He really works to make sure he has your meds in balance to take care of your health concerns. I found him through way of an auto accident with permanent head injuries. So if I hvae typos, you know why.

May 18th, 2011
Excellent Dr. for pinpointing migraine meds. Sincere concern about the patient's health. I would highly recommend Dr. Holmes.