Dr. Thomas Houts MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

August 24th, 2016
Shouldn't be a dr.
He was the first neoroligist that diagnosed my epilepsy. Worse Doctor ever. I do not recommend him to anyone. His bedside manner and overall attitude is terrible. Needless to say if you want a real good neoroligist go to Dr. Tawnya Constintino

March 11th, 2015
Friendly and personable. Listened and was able to help me understand my diagnosis.

November 21st, 2014
It is evident that he is intelligent and contemplative regarding diagnosis. I don't believe he listens well. I felt defensive in response to his attitude. I was confused due to my condition and his explanations which were a bit hard to follow and retain. Didn't get my information all right in hospital report. Very businesslike.

October 27th, 2014
I can't believe Mr. Houts is really a Doctor!!! I came away from my appt today so discouraged and feeling worse than when I walked in! He googled my symptoms.... Seriously??? I could have done that!!! He was not able to make eye contact and did not even ask the details of my visit. He was extremely rude and had absolutely no manners! I am a pretty positive person and do not like to complain but I want to save the poor soul who has to endure Me Houts. Please see another Doctor!!!!

August 28th, 2013
Great Doctor
He took his time to thoroughly explain everything and helped me not to panic about a possible MS diagnosis. Very kind, I had multiple bad experiences with other doctors and was horribly stressed out about seeing another one but he assuaged all my fears with his nice demeanor. He took plenty of time on my visit to explain the diagnosis, possible treatments, and even whether I would be able to afford further testing or not. His office staff was extremely friendly and nice too. He does not make great eye contact, but I got the feeling that was more due to shyness than anything else. He is a great doctor and very well informed. I was hesitant to see him because of the negative reviews online, but I needed to be seen immediately and he was able to get me in in a few days. I'm so glad I saw him, one of the best doctors I've ever seen.

March 20th, 2013
Worst experience I've ever had
Dr. Houts was flat out rude and mean to me. Literally yelled at me when I was in the ER with a horrible MS relapse. He refused to acknowledge my MS, ordered a brain only MRI after I'd informed him my lesion were on the cervical spine. He basically accused me of making up having MS. I had been diagnosed for about a year at the point and a dr in his office had been the first to diagnose me. Dr. Houts made an already awful experience even worse. I can 't imagine how he keeps any patients at all.

July 10th, 2012
The wait was long, but sometimes these things happen. His bedside manner was not the greatest, he was nice enough, but not what i would call pleasant. He wasn't mean though, just very business-like, not much of a people-person. He did sit with me and discuss the results of my tests, which surprised me since I had been sent to him for testing by another doctor. I was very grateful and appreciative that he took the time and sat and discussed his findings with me.

April 14th, 2012
I would NEVER RECOMMEND DR. HOUTS to ANYONE!!!!!
POOR BEDSIDE MANNER. NO EYE CONTACT. RUDE AND ARGUMENTATIVE. CONDESCENDING TOWARD PATIENT. DID NOT WANT TO ATTEMPT A PLAN PROPHYLACTIC, JUST PRESCRIBED NARCOTICS. QUESTIONED ALL DOCTORS I HAVE WENT TO REGARDING THEIR KNOWLEDGE. JUST SHY OF WALKING OUT DUE TO THE FEELING OF BEING SO UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!

February 6th, 2012
Bed side mannor was very poor didn't explain what he was doing or whatthe resutls would show. Even acted a little defensive when we asked questions

November 2nd, 2011
I took a family member to Dr Houts as a follow up on a hospital visit. The office staff was very friendly and the wait was short but once we got back into our room and Dr Houts began helping us it was evident that the reviews I had read prior to the visit were accurate. Dr Houts is very knowledgeable but spoke poorly about other doctors. He kept answering our questions with "My malpractice insurer wouldn't allow me to answer that question" and then some long drawn out explanation about how it is personal opinion and he can't recommend one way or the other. My relative was very ill and at one point nearly collapsed. He seemed to have an attitude problem and after he addressed the concern he said "Are we finished talking about my attitude now?" I was very unimpressed with this visit, it is a sensitive matter and it wasn't handled with the type of sensitivity I believe it deserved.