inactive

Thomas E Ingmire MD Patient Reviews

3.4

September 15th, 2015
If you are assigned to this Doc, ask for someone else - he's AWFUL!
Saw this guy in the ER at Deaconess. The rest of the staff I dealt with was sharp, professional and helpful. But Ingmire was AWFUL! Was about to leave, as I'd waited over three hours and not seen a Doc. As soon as I mentioned leaving and specifically asked how I could minimize my bill (since I had received no care up to that point), he magically materialized five minutes later. I've never seen such a flat affect in a Doctor - it was like he was barely alive. I don't know if he was depressed, tired or what (even though his shift had just started), but he was like a zombie, only with less personality. His diagnosis was way off base and totally bizarre. I had numbness and tingling in all limbs that had spread quickly. My regular Doc was out of town and his staff told me to go to the ER. This Dr. Ingmire came up with "hyperventilation", took blood and ran test to check my electrolytes (even though I wasn't even breathing hard and wasn't feeling dizzy or faint at all.) I HAD one episode of hyperventilation about 46 years ago when I was a child, so I know what it's like, and I was having absolutely NO symptoms of hyperventilation OR electrolyte imbalance. He said hyperventilation could be subtle (absolutely NOT true, there's nothing subtle about it) and wrote me a script for Ativan (even though I told him I already had Xanax and couldn't take any sedating medications anyway because I have to work two jobs and had to get back to work ASAP.) Saw my PCP when he returned to town, who is sending me for MRI to rule out multiple sclerosis, a possibility that actually DOES match the symptoms I was having. PCP seemed astonished that no MRI was ordered in the ER.

May 10th, 2010
Very competent and knowledgeable - Intuitive
My experience with Dr. Ingmire was extremely positive. He figured out my problem that had been missed by other doctors. He is very intuitive and knew just what test to run to back up his thinking on my problem... An excellent, no-nonsense doctor.

June 24th, 2008
This physician is not competent.

Health Guides