inactive

Thomas J Burke DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

September 29th, 2016
Not enough time spent with me -
I would not recommend Dr. Burke. I went to see him because of skin cancer (moles) concerns. I was new patient to him and he spent under 4 minutes with me. He came in shook my hand and said "show me where" and sprayed 2 spots. I believe he should have explained what was going to happen to these spots...if I needed or should come back if "x" happens or doesn't happen. He is in this for the $$$ and only the money. Please let me stress that I love an office that runs on time and I love to get in and out of an office appointment. Having said that...........this was ridiculous. Money hungry Dr. for sure. I will find another doctor to continue my treatments with. Beware.

September 13th, 2016
I was given an appointment immediately. My daughter was seen the next day. Dr. Burke had an excellent bed side manner. He was very kind, knowledgable and empathetic towards my daughter.

October 14th, 2015
Has been a great help with my plaque psoriasis.

September 16th, 2015
Moves way too quickly.
I've seen Dr. Stroup about 3 times now (first two for a skin cancer screening/follow-up, third for a skin issue I was experiencing) and each time i've seem him, he rushes through everything. He talks incredibly fast, he does not spend much time at all examining whatever you're visiting for, and it really just feels like he's trying to get done with you as quickly as possible. Looking to start seeing a new doctor. I usually don't mind fast talkers, but this just bothers me. How can you really diagnose the issue without taking the time (more than 20 seconds that is) to examining the area in question?

February 24th, 2015
Dr. Burke and his entire staff are the BEST. I have recommended numerous people to him and everyone loves him, I think the people who are complaining are people who always complain they would never be happy. There isn't a better doctor around!

August 18th, 2014
A person with REAL medical practice
Having read the reviews I think one must realize that at the Dover office you are NOT seeing a physician. You are seeing a Physicians Assistant. Good for removal of skin tags................that is it.

June 15th, 2014
Young & Inappropriate front desk staff. Careless doctor.
I have given this doctor about 3-4 tries over the past 4-5 years when I randomly needed treatments for acne or removing tiny swollen glands on my face. Recently, I went in for acne which he gave me a prescription for. I called back to make another appointment to have the swollen glands removed from my face (which he said he could do). When I called to schedule the appointment, the front desk staff answered the phone, I tried explaining what he and I had discussed having done. She put me on hold and eventually the phone call was disconnected (from her end). This happened a second time as well. The third time I called, I firmly stated I would not be scheduling with them if they can't handle the phone. (side note: the front desk staff for the past 4-5 years have been nothing but inappropriate, unkind, young girls with attitudes). She scheduled my appointment and didn't even ask what I was scheduling it for. I then asked to have him give me a call when he was free. He called me and we discussed the procedure. Here's the worst part: when I came in for my next appointment, the doctor checked out my face and thought I was coming in for a follow up to check the progress on my acne from the last appointment. He started to leave the room and I said hold on.. we are supposed to be removing the swollen glands off of my face as we discussed on the phone 2 weeks ago. He said oh ok. he goes to grab this metal long sharp looking tool, holds it up to my face and almost began going at it. I had to loudly say again, hold on, what are u doing? What is this? What feelings and pain should I expect? He was very nonchalant and said "oh just a little burning. So he starts drilling this metal thing on my face on the different swollen glands. I also sat in the patient room for an entire hour before he came in and he did not even apologize once. My advice to you: if your pain tolerance is low, you will holler. Luckily, my pain tolerance is pretty high but I still let out some noises of pain. I won't be returning to him. I simply kept going back to him out of familiarity. Also, I highly doubt he will care at all if you give him feedback on his inappropriate and unprofessional staff since he does the direct hiring and decides to keep them all. They had difficulty calling in my prescriptions and were typing in wrong addresses and locations for my pharmacies making it a 20 minute frustrating phone call because she was absent-minded. Never again.

November 29th, 2013
Rude and Not Interested
I would never recommend this Dr. the anyone. He's not the least bit pleasant and seems very uninterested as to what's going on with his clients. Actually, my experience to his office made me a bit nervous and discouraged us from seeking a new dermatologist for our daughter for months. He prescribes medication without advising why he's doing so. To sum this up he gets paid so he can care less

June 20th, 2013
Dr. Burke is THE BEST Dermatologist in New Castle County. I am the Mom of an 18 and 21 year old. My 18 year old was plagued by an embarrassing rash that rapped itself all over his back and itched like crazy. The Family Doctor gave him a cream he used religiously for 10 days. No results. Took his to Dr. Burke who didn't even charge him after he showed him the rash. Dr. Burke wrote a prescription and the rash was gone in two days! My other son has been to Dr.Panzer & I am un impressed. The staff is so nice and sweet. I won't go to any other Dermalogist. This is the one!

May 15th, 2013
Waste of time and money
Recently went to Dr. Burke because of spots on my face. He literally met with me less than 10 minutes, observed the spots turned around proceeded to dictate to the nurse the script I would need. I had to ask him more than once what was the name of the medication and what was it for, which he never explained just continued to repeat the name of the cream. After he left I finally got a little more information out of the nurse only to find out he was writing out a prescription for fading cream I can buy anywhere (without a prescription). Can't believe I not only wasted my time and copays at this place, but I am more than sure he will be billing my health insurance over $300 bucks for a 5 minute dr. visit. and a script for fading cream.

May 10th, 2013
Terrible Office Staff
The office staff did not return calls and did not follow up with my insurance company as promised. I found Dr. Burke's bedside manner rather creepy.

March 8th, 2013
I visited Dr. Burke office recently was greeted by a wonderful happy receptionist who was pleasant the whole time was great with my kids making them balloons. The office was very beautiful and we love the fish tank would recommend Dr. Burke's office to all my friends