Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Catherine on Aug 11th, 2015

Dr. Hopkins saved me after a bad doctor botched my broken neck. Dr. Hopkins is amazing!

May 1st, 2015

I would not recommend this doctor. His wait time is over an hour, he cancels appointments and one time I waited in his office for over an hour and he never showed up. He cancelled two of my post-op appointments. Even though he told me I would be pain free after surgery, I was in worse pain. All he knows is surgery. I believe he misdiagnosed a MRI and recommended a second surgery to relieve the pain. Another doctor withdrew fluid which eased all the discomfort. I would never go back to this doctor.

LESS THAN AVERAGE SERVICES show details LESS THAN AVERAGE SERVICES
by In Major Pain on Jan 14th, 2015

I was set up for an appointment with this Orthopedic by my attorney for serious back injuries as a result of a car accident . It is very unfortunate to say that this Dr. is very unprofessional. The waiting time is a NIGHTMARE. They made me wait for 2 hours I am guessing because as Dr. Hopkins stated, I am a LIEN patient. I called my attorney while I was in the patient room and the Doctor overheard my conversation. I told him I did not appreciate having to wait 2 hours and he basically told me "GET OUT OF MY OFFICE" and "GO SEE SOMEONE ELSE" he pretty much tossed my patient file some documents fell out. It is also very unfortunate that this Dr. who is in the Encino area would treat LIEN patients like this, as garbage, because he feels he may not gain anything out of the services if there is no settlement on the case which means he would not be paid for hi s services. Sadly however, he has anger issues. I hope if someone reads this, that if there is a need to see an Orthopedic, that they do not get referred here. Specially on a LIEN matter. This doctor does not deserve to be recommended. POOR AND UNPROFESSIONAL SERVICE.

A GREAT DOC. show details A GREAT DOC.
by RICHARD MEYER on Jan 17th, 2014

IN 2009 I WAS DIAGNOSED WITHE SEVERE SPINAL STENOSIS. I HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN TO 4 SPINAL SURGEONS TRYING TO DETERMINE THE BEST PATH TO TAKE. THE DIFFERENCE IN THEIR INDIVIDUAL APPROACHES WERE MIND BOGGLEING . THEIR OPINIONS RAN FROM "HELLO LETS OPERATE" TO " I'LL GIVE YOU AN EPIDUARL STEROID INJECTION" TO "LETS TRY PHYSICAL THERAPY". FINALLY IN LATE 2009 I WAS REFFERED TO DR. HOPKINS BY A CLOSE FRIEND. "WHAT A DIFFERENCE.!!!! DR HOPKINS APPROACH TO MY PROBLEM WAS MUCH DIFFERENT . FIRST, HE TOLD ME FLATLY AFTER CAREFUL REVIEW OF MY M.R.I, THAT I WAS, AT BEST, A DOUBTFUL CANDIDATE FOR SUCCESSFUL SPINAL SURGERY, HE TOLD ME BECAUSE OF THE SEVERITY OF MY DISEASE AN EPIDURL COULD CAUSE ME GREAT HARM. INSTEAD, HE HAS OVER THE YEARS KEPT ME GOING, AND RELATIVELY PAIN FREE, WITH THE USE OF MEDS. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT I AM 77 YEARS OLD, VERY ACTIVE, AND FULL OF ENERGY. DR HOPKINS, IN MY OPINION, IS A "GEM". HE EXPLAINS EVERYTHING IN UNDERSTANDABLE LANGUAGE, IS KIND, PATIENT, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DOES NOT RUSH TO JUDGEMENT. BEFORE YOU GO UNDER THE KNIFE, YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO SEE DR. HOPKINS RICHARD MEYER

Excellent Physician, Explained Everything! show details Excellent Physician, Explained Everything!
by Harry on Mar 18th, 2013

I’d been dealing with pain in my lower back for so long that I’d gotten used to living with it and just assumed that it would never go away. At 80 years old, I can say with absolute certainty that I have never had a physician get to the core of my health issue so quickly. Moreover, I’ve never had a doctor explain what was going on so succinctly (and believe me, I’ve seen a lot of doctors!) Dr. Hopkins also instructed me to request the generic version of my prescription medication. When I went to have it filled at the pharmacy, it cost only $7.00 out of my pocket. I’m thrilled to report that within 2 days of taking the prescription, the pain was gone. I feel terrific, and as a result I’m able to enjoy my Zumba classes at the YMCA all that much more. It’s rare to find a doctor who can get accurately diagnose the issue, provide recommendations for saving money on prescriptions, and explain in layman’s terms what is wrong in a single office visit. I am grateful for Dr. Hopkins' care, and incredibly impressed with his expertise.

self/patient (7 spinal surgeries) show details self/patient (7 spinal surgeries)
Mar 15th, 2011

I've had 7 spinal surgeries and was scared to death of paralysis (3 other doctors did surgery) Dr. Hopkins helped me understand what was going on and what was going to happen to me long term. He also stopped physical therapy which could have caused irreperable harm to me. James H.