Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS, MD
Northeast Virginia Beach
329 Phillip Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
(757) 687-1900
Locations and availability (1)

|  Best surgeon and staff.  |  show details
by Jessica T on Mar 25th, 2014

After losing 140 pounds and maintaining a healthy lifestyle for over 4 years, I was finally ready to move forward and to have the surgical altercations that I had been wanting. One week ago, I had two surgeries performed at Hubbard Plastic Surgery. I am already extremely satisfied with the results. Being a wife and a mother to three young children, I was very concerned with safety. I wanted to ensure that I would make it back to my family. When choosing a surgeon, the primary quality that I was looking for, other than skill, was that the surgeon would be concerned for my well being. I booked my surgery date immediately after my consultation because I felt that Dr.Hubbard and his staff would go above and beyond to care for me. Even though I look different than most patiences, with heavy tattoos, I was treated with respect. I feel that during my surgery and all of my appointments, I have received top quality care. I have a tendency to ask many questions, and all of my questions were always answered thoroughly. I was never rushed and was always treated as the number one priority during my time. I cannot wait until next year, when I plan to go back for another procedure to complete my transformation.

|  Great Experience!!  |  show details
by Cindy Cowie on Sep 25th, 2013

Thank you to Dr. Hubbard and team for making this such a great experience. Everything was explained to me in great detail what to expect from beginning to end. I am so pleased with the end result and would recommend this awesome group to anyone who is looking for a great professional and genuine group, Thank you again to all my new friends at Hubbard's Plastic Surgery!

Doctor's Response

Dear CIndy, Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure getting to know you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

|  The best there is!!!  |  show details
by Candy S. on Apr 23rd, 2013

My name is Candy and I just had a tummy tuck, lipo in 3 areas lasy Friday 4-5-13. I just want to take a minute to thank everyone in your office for the EXCELLENT care I received. From the front desk, to the nurses, to the coordinator (Mary Beth xoxo you went above and beyond) and Dr. Hubbard. I could not have asked for better care and you made my experience the best ever! I am so happy with my results already and just want to thank each and everyone of you again! I will highly recommend you to anyone if they want the best!!!! And for the two reviews that were overweight and left a negative review ...why would you want plastic surgery while overweight just to lose weight and then have to redo it all over again. Tummy tucks, etc are not weight loss procedures they are to remove excess skin and improve your figure. I think it is fantastic he said to lose weight first to avoid doing it twice and spending money just to do it again. If you got a tummy tuck amd then lost 50 lbs, etc. your stomach would look just like it did to start with!

|  Don't goto Hubbard if you're overweight!  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2013

I had the same experience as the other reviewer. I waited for 45 minutes and then he quickly told me to lose weight. I didn't like his attitude. He had a coldness that made me feel uncomfortable exposing my vulnerabilities.

Doctor's Response

I always like to take any opportunity to discuss safety, and safety and weight are very much related. A large percent of my patients are overweight. The vast majority are extremely happy with their results. However, there are some patients that are more overweight and surgery is dangerous. Safety is our number one priority. I always discuss weight loss options because I believe nutrition is important to overall health. If a patient is not a surgical candidate at the time, I am happy to see them again in several months at no charge to check on their progress with weight loss. Secondly, my ultimate goal is to have no patient disappointed with their surgical result. Everyone is different, and with body contouring procedures, an individual%u2019s fat distribution is very important. Some people possess a fat distribution that will compromise the potential result and likely lead to disappointment. Though this is not necessarily a safety issue, I am also obligated to discuss this with you during a consultation. I strive for complete honesty and a realistic discussion of results during a consultation, I am passionate about safety, and I am passionate about results!

|  Excellent!!!  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

Since the first day , Dr. Hubbard spent all the time you need to talk to him and explain you everything that you need to know. The day of the surgery, follow up appointments, everything went really smooth. I felt safe, and comfortable. He is very dedicated with his patiences, and the staff is super caring! I went to other 2 doctors for opinions and I think Dr. Hubbard is the best! He really cares about his patiences, and of course he did an excellent job on my breast augmentation.

|  Wong regrets!!  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

Had my nose done with Dr. Hubbard and it was an amazing experience completely. Will be back for breast implants.

|  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

I went to Dr. Hubbard on the recommendation of a close friend. I was searching for a surgeon to perform breast augmentation and Dr. Hubbard was amazing! The process, from the initial consultation to the follow-ups after surgery, couldn't have been better. Dr. Hubbard is very thorough, addressing every detail and explaining every aspect of what's going on. Even the staff is amazing. From Mary Beth, to Andrea, to Tonya... they are all so pleasant and make you feel like family. I am very happy with my results and would recommend Dr. Hubbard in a heartbeat!

|  caring and talented  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

Several years ago, Dr. Hubbard fixed a botched breast augmentation done by another surgeon. Soon after, I went back for a rhinoplasty! I chose Dr. Hubbard because during each consult, he took his time with me...I never felt rushed. It was also evident that he truly cared about me and my outcome. As an RN, the experience at Dr. Hubbard's office made me want to work there! (I applied, was hired, & worked there for about 3 years until I had to move out of state.) Working behind the scenes, I can tell you that Dr. Hubbard TRULY does care about his patients and their outcomes! He takes so many extra measures to ensure that his patients are getting the best care. I am now employed at a popular 3 surgeon plastic surgeon's office...they take none of those extra measures (complication rates are high!...I'm not used to that!) I quickly discovered that if I ever decide to have another surgery, I'm taking a flight to VA Beach to see Dr. Hubbard. To me, it would definitely be worth the extra cost and time off of work to know that I would be cared for by someone who truly cares, respects his patients, sees safety as a number 1 priority, knows what he is doing and has the talents to do it.

|  I will Return!!!  |  show details
by Susie on May 3rd, 2011

I could not be any happier with my results from any of my surgeries. Dr. Hubbard's professionalism, honesty, and bedside manners meant a great deal to me. The staff is the BEST!!! They make me feel as if I am their favorite, {which I am}. I will choose Dr. Hubbard again for any other improvements that may need to be done. They are truly the best of the best!!!!

|  You will not be disappointed.  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

I had liposuction 10 years ago and referred my mother here who had a full face, brow and neck lift. We were both extremely satisfied with the entire process from booking the appointment all the way to the follow up after Surgery. I have gone back for Botox with Denise and to receive facial treatments for fine facial lines. Denise is amazing and I am so extremely satisfied with this practice. I would not recommend anyone else!

|  Family Decision  |  show details
by W & T Rice on Mar 25th, 2011

My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Hubbard. Our experience with Dr. Hubbard and his staff was exceptional! His knowledge and skill is presnted in our satisfaction of our results. We will continue to see Dr. Hubbard and refer our family and friends to him. Dr. Hubbard is a truly genuine professional!!

|  Stop searching, This is the one.......  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2010

I consulted with several plastic surgeons in the area but I knew from the first phone call that this surgeon and his staff were right for me. Very informative staff who greets you promptly with a smile. I felt so comfortable with Dr. Hubbard. He really took the time to listen to me and seemed to genuinely care about me and the result that I was hoping for. He was very thorough. Anytime I call the office the staff has been friendly, supportive and always return calls back to me in a timely fashion. I am VERY happy with my results. I would definately recommend Dr. Hubbard and his wonderful staff to my friends, family, anybody.

|  show details
Jul 1st, 2010

Could not say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Hubbard and his staff. A first rate team.

|  Professionalism accompanied by the sincerity of a friend.  |  show details
by Stacy O. on Jun 8th, 2010

Dr. Hubbard and his staff are ones of great stature. Not only do they give you a sense of trustworthiness and comfort, but also that of honesty and integrity. Dr. Hubbard's work speaks for itself and has been a wonderful life changing experience for me. I feel honored to have received the chance of getting to know him, his work, and his staff. It is with great advocacy that I recommend Dr. Hubbard not only as your surgeon, but initially, as a genuine consultant.

|  Just Awesome!  |  show details
by L.Logan VA Beach, VA on Oct 20th, 2009

I recently had a Tummy Tuck done by Dr. Hubbard and his staff: everyone one in the office was just outstanding! From Yolanda and Tonya my nurse's and Lorraine the person who gave me my Anesthesia was Super Pleasant! Dr.Hubbard fully listen to everything you desired and we both came to a the best decision. If I ever need anything else done in the furture hands down I will certainly be going back to Dr. Hubbard and his TEAM!!!