Dr. Thomas Mims Jr MD Patient Reviews

4.7
  • 16 reviews

June 7th, 2016
DR Mims is the ultimate doctor. He is so concerned about his patients, he has a strong faith. He saved my life by not depending on his decision alone. I thank God for him.

March 9th, 2016
Very patient and caring!

October 28th, 2015
Exceptional surgeons like Dr. Mims are not supposed to have his bedside manner. Highly recommend him.

February 25th, 2015
General Manager of RV Dealership
I had two back surgeries performed by doctor Mims the first was in 2012 and a fusion in 2013 fusion L3-L5, He is the greatest guy you could ever meet he is very concerned about your recovery. Not all back surgeries are a complete success story. I would recommend Dr. Mims to everyone who is having back issues. I am still seeing him and slowly but surly I am getting better. Love his staff as well as doctor Mims.

February 18th, 2015
Dr. Thomas Mims is a great caring doctor! Shows concern and compassion for his patients. He performed neck and back surgery on me, and my recovery was GREAT!

January 28th, 2014
Very pleased
I was referred to Dr.Mims by a friend ,the entire process was very sweet;he made appts. for me to get necessary test .His office treated me as if I was a family member,very caring and genuine.had my surgery and he was with me from the beginning to end.Visited me in rehab frequently;because I wasn't able to go straight home .When I went home .......He came and VISITED ME AT HOME,true story.Very very nice man,who cares that much this day and age;?I really appreciate the Dr,he was always able to make me feel better;I had a lot of pain,and he just stuck with me I can only wish that I could let someone know in this Dr.hands you are with the right one....truly he is a beautiful soul and so is his employees.Very grateful for all that they have done for me....Rating him would definitely be a "10",Many doctors should learn from him,really!

October 6th, 2013
I am so glad to have Dr. Mims for my doctor.

November 26th, 2012
Dr, Mimms was the surgeon who performed emergency surgery on my dad who had 2 tennis ball sized hematomas on the brain. His bedside manner was great,he explained everything throughout, and really overall is a superior Surgeon.

October 10th, 2012
2 Surgeries With Dr. Mims - 1990 and 2012
I don't believe there is a better Surgeon in Houston. Had a Fusion in 1990, C5C6, and a Surgery on L5 recently. He is the best - as is the Orthopedic and Spine Center. Professional people that care. Dr. Mims has made my life better. Trusting your Surgeon is a huge part of arriving for a surgery. That is the one thing that never concerned me - He is the Best at what he does. He will be missed if he decides to retire. Thank you - Dr. Mims, and Staff.

April 9th, 2012
Laura Malone
I first went to Dr. Mimms in 1993. He was the kindest Dr. that I had and have met in my life. He help me start a new life and his whole staff. Thank's with all of my heart.

March 24th, 2012
Lower Back Surgery
I am extremely satisfied with Dr. Mims. His expertise eased my pains. After 3 weeks, my back has been back to normal. No pain, no issues, no regrets. I recommend him to you with no reservations.

July 2nd, 2011
My brother has been seeing Doctor Mims for several years and went to him for herniated disc and back problems. Dr. Mims did 3 back surgeries on him like not even a month apart and now my brother is in so much pain that he cant move or walk and stays mostly in bed. It was the last back surgery that really confined my brother to his bed and in extrememe and intense pain. I read where other patients had better luck than my brother with Dr. Mims, but I have seen what has happened to my brother and these surgeries has cut his quality of life in half..what kind of a quality of life can he have staying in bed with constant and intense back pain? Dr. Mims is not a good doctor and I do not recommend anybody seeing him for their backs!