Dr. Thomas Obrien MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

August 24th, 2016
Don't let him touch you!!!!!!
One of the industries worst monsters to ever step into the medical industry, he botched a surgery the has left me in pain for 15 years. The only hope I had was a replacement called pro disc but I can't have the surgery because the monster has already cut me up!

July 29th, 2016
How is this man still able to practice medicine! ?
He is a Dr. insurance companies use to deny claims in return for a paycheck. I had an IME done by him per Workmans Comp and he advised I could go back to work with no restrictions. This goes against my treating Dr.s orders. How he still is able to practice is a beyond me and based on the many reviews here it seems he does the same to everyone. . . .

April 28th, 2016
His exam of me was basically fraud. Barely touched me to test resistances. It was obvious that he had made his decision to deny my claim before I walked through the door.

March 19th, 2016
Run from this physician!
Was evaluated by Dr. O'Brien for a worker's compensation claim. First they sent my medical records to this doctor for his opinion without him even seeing me a year ago. Was not paid by worker's compensation after his "terrible" evaluation. Then not even a year later I was physically evaluated by him and all he did was talk about him being a great surgeon and that injections, implants and anything I received was not needed. The guy is a disgrace to the medical field and I don't know how this charlatan and paid prostitute of the insurance companies can sleep at night. For his sake I hope it is worth his soul. What happened to the hypocratic oath? He trashed me again in his report. He stated I should have been to work in a week with "no restrictions" and I was approved for social security disability the first time I applied for it without having to appeal it. What does that tell you? Numerous injections, neuro-stimulator implanted and a permanently damaged nerve in lower back with severe neuropathy in both feet from what an orthopedic doctor told me who evaluated me for social security. Don't expect anything good from O'Brien if you are sent there by your insurance carrier! He acts nice to you and then "stabs you in the back" when you get his initial report from the insurance company. Bad, bad, news this guy is. Money is his God and he better enjoy it now because he can't take it with him and I would not want to be in this guys shoes come judgement days!

November 12th, 2015
CNA
This man let us wait to a waiting area for almost 30minutes and see us for less than 5 minutes.!!!!! I got injured from work and work comp sent me to this man. He comes to WI once a month. This retarded guy thinks I am old enough and that's the cause is why Im having a lot of pains to my injured elbow! And by the way 39 is not 69 years old, how I wish this pervert clown would care less to money than to his patient!

October 10th, 2015
Precision diagnosis.
He found that my back pain was not related to a past injury at work. This is exactly what I believed. His diagnosis got my treatment plan rolling because it was stalled for 5 months waiting for worker's compensation to approve an Independent Medical Examination. His determination got the medical team looking for and finding the actual cause. He also commented that I was taking narcotics too long, which I totally agreed with also. If the sadists at Worker's Compensation had not held my life on pause for 5 months, I would have been done with narcotics by the date I had my IME with Dr. O'Brien. His IME was very accurate. I am grateful to him.

April 22nd, 2015
WHAT A JOKE: BEWARE- Do Not see him. MD = MONEY DOCTOR. LIAR!!!!!
Door was locked when I got there...bad sign. No Dr. facility, made me undress in front of a open window. From his ASSUMPTIONS I guess I'm a druggie. Never asked me the frequency of meds. Did not include my true answers on report. Made it like I was trying to hide something. He definitely gives good, real doctors a bad name. He needs to stop ruining honest people's lives.

April 11th, 2015
Prostitute is O'brien line of work
I seen this person after tearing my shoulder and rupturing a disc in my neck. He said there was nothing wrong with my neck or shoulder. I had my shoulder and neck both surgically repaired by real physicians..... If you get stuck having to see this fool make sure you get a good attorney..... oh and my appointment was set up in a vacant office building... nothing professional about this clown....

January 8th, 2015
I do not recommend this dr at all beware

December 2nd, 2014
Ime
So I've been going thru a lot of pain and suffering since my injury. I have been to this clown twice now. I don't see how or why a person could laugh at there patentce, when there looking him in the eye. I asked him why I was there, he responded to not knowing why I was there. I have been in pain for 2 years plus. He has not given a good explanation of why I'm going thru pain, nor why I the insurance company is having me see this clown. Sat in a waiting room for a couple hours to see this guy, there was no one there before me that even talked to the dr. For longer than 14 minutes. That's how long I was in there, not sure where he got his specallties that this dr knows, but it looks like he specializes in knees and below. I would not recommend anyone to see this dr. I was only there cause my attorney told me I have to play there game. It's not a game anymore, this is my life, and quality of life!

October 21st, 2014
What aquack
I have seen this guy 3 times now. First he said I didn't need back surgery with a large herniated disc. I could go back to work no restrictions or anything. I ended up having a 2 level fusion done on my low back by a very talented neurosurgeon. My back never fully recovered. I have been on pain meds for 4 years and I lift thousands of pounds a day. It was my choice to continue working full duty until I no longer could. Now work comp had him obviously day I don't need pain meds or to go to pain management. I should just quit taking meds and deal with the withdrawals I'll be fine he says. What a joke. Must be nice to get paid thousands of dollars for this crap. How he sleeps at night and lives with himself is beyond me. In my opinion he is nothing more than a piece of crap from the sewer.

August 6th, 2014
Dr. O'Brien is a prostitute for the insurance agencies that pay his sallaries. I just reviewed an IME (independant medical examination) prepared by this physicain and was amazed at the lack of actual medical knowledge in other fields. He degrades other physicains in in other fields and shows his great lack of knowledge. He treats the patient as a piece of meat and not a person. No matter if the the findings ar obvious he sides with the insurance agency. He did the same with my IME and it appears to be a templated letter he releases which would be medical fraud if found to be true.
He was very fast with the exam. He took all of 6 minutes to perform a the complete exam that he documented in his IME. Interestingly, he noted several exams that he did not perform. I researched the internet to see if naybe there was a variation of the exams and could not find any. His findings are classical insurance prostitute, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG. If any other field of medicaine were to be involved he showed his ignorance by stating things that demonstrated his lack of BASIC knowledge in the fields. I had to apy for my own IME and lawyer. the two reports were worlds apart and the courts agreed with my IME.