Dr. Thomas Whittaker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Whittaker?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 10th, 2014

Extremely Grateful!!! Literally a Life-Saver!

My mother recently suffered from a very serious medical condition that doctors were having trouble pin-pointing. We saw a number of ophthalmologists and neurologists before finally finding our way to Dr. Whittaker. I was honestly weary, given the negative reviews here. However, Dr. Whittaker was able to discover signs and symptoms that other doctors had missed in her MRI and testing and was able to discover the root of her condition. He acted fast to help my mother receive the surgery that saved her life. His staff was relentless in making sure my mother received the care she needed. We could not possibly be more grateful.

June 14th, 2014

Doctor very pompous

Staff is prompt, courteous and overall excellent. However, the rest of these negative reviews are exactly right. He tries to talk above you, talks over you and acts like you're uneducated (I hold three degrees by the way, doctor!) Honestly have never been spoken to like that in my entire life, not even by my own father. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor. It will save you the emotional stress you will endure sitting in a consultation with him. He tried to tell me of a procedure I had done previously by another doctor and when I told him that's not what the procedure was...he actually had the audacity to tell me I was wrong. When it comes to something as precious as eyesight, I would not trust this man even if given a million dollars to do so.

April 29th, 2014

I felt Dr. Whitaker was so very informative, besides being humorous, witty and his bed side manner was stellar. I would recommend him to anyone I know that has an eye issue. He was open and explanatory.

November 5th, 2013

I waited over 45 days to get in. (I had double vision. - later diagnosed as Optical Myasthenia Gravis - by another doctor.) I was having a difficult time driving because of my vision plus road construction. I left home an 1.5 hours ahead of time so that I would get there in plenty of time. Mapquest said I needed only 25 minutes but I didn't want to have anything interfer with the appointment. I called at the appointment time to let them know I was lost but still coming. I arrived 17 minutes late. My appointment was the first one of the day. The waiting room was empty. I was TWO minutes over the acceptable 'late' time. He refused to see me. No one else was waiting. The staff were still settling in chatting & getting their coffee. I would never ever recommend him. I wish I had known of this site before I made the appointment.

July 12th, 2013

This man has the WORST bedside manner out of any doctor I know, and I have been seeing eye doctors for over 20 years now. He is arrogant, makes flippant remarks, talks over you and basically treats you like you are stupid. If you could look up arrogant jerk in the dictionary, there would be a picture of this man next to those words!!!!!! His staff literally apologized for his bedside manner when I was finished with my appointment. I urge everyone to read other patient reviews on different web sites, not just this site as they detail their similar experience with this arrogant, self centered, egotistical man.

June 27th, 2013

Super Arrogant

Took my daughter 5 years ago due to sudden vision loss in her right eye. He couldn't find the problem, so told us it was all in her head. Made sure we knew how many degrees he had and how smart he was. Never heard from his office again. She has lived with vision in one eye all this time. Now, five years later, she has sudden vision loss in her left eye and we still cannot get any answers.

November 16th, 2012

Major Greg Holiman

After struggling with vision problem for six years due to blast impact, this Dr. found the problem within an hour...Great Job, Great Staff and Attitude

March 28th, 2012

Compassionate and Wise !

I highly recommend Dr Whittaker to anyone who is having eye issues. He takes time to listen to your symptoms and he asks questions if he needs further information or clarification. He offered me solutions that no other eye doctor has come up with and his solutions were a fraction of the cost that I've spent going to doctors in my hometown of Topeka. I trust this doctor and feel that my two visits with him have both been valuable. I also appreciated only waiting 5 minutes to be escorted back to the exam room and less than 5 more for Dr Whittaker to arrive after the nurse took my information. I wish more physicians made it a point to stay on schedule like this.

February 9th, 2012

Arrogant

I went to see him as a neuro opthamologist. I dont know that he knew much about either. I was given a preliminary diagnosis of optic neuritis and have had bi focals for many years. When I went to see him he told me my only problem was dry eyes and that wearing glasses was optional. I can't see with out my bifocals and I have severe eye pain. I know use a NSAID eye drop to treat the pain from a different Opthamologist to treat the pain because Dr Whitaker doesn't listent to anything anyone says but himself.

May 19th, 2010

He knows his stuff

Overall, Dr. Whittaker is a good doctor. He knows his stuff. Unfortunately because of so many patients it is hard to get the time and appt you want with him. Sometimes he can be booked 5 months in advanced. I had optic neuritis and at times I felt like he would hurry things up instead of wanting to get to know the patient's symptoms and problems. To tell you the truth he is probably one of the top Opthalmologists in Kansas City but it sucks that he doesn't try harder to get to know you. If you do see him rest assured that accuracy of diagnose will be 100%. Now the people working in the records office and setting up appts need a bit help.

July 18th, 2017