Dr. Thomas Jennings MD Patient Reviews

June 23rd, 2016
Horrible Horrible Experience
My doctor sent me to see Dr Jennings because the surgery I need to remove my cervix is beyond her expertise. He walked in the room.... there was no greeting... no how are you... no nice to meet you... how are you feeling... nothing. Which was my 1st red flag. He immediately started talking about the surgery and the pros and cons (mostly the cons) and explaining what may happen. I had to interject my family history, my experiences and what I felt may be the underlying problem, endometriosis. If I had not volunteered this info he was not going to ask. He then said I'm going to take a look at your cervix this wont hurt at all... just going to take a look. The nurse asked if he needed the speculum... he thought for a second... then said yeah sure. He then took another tool and said this is just going to touch your cervix so I can take a look. It wont hurt. He then used this tool to actually move my cervix from side to side. I let out a little squeal and he asked "are you okay? Do you feel nauseous?" I said no I don't feel nauseous but I'm trying to not kick you! (It was that painful that I REALLY wanted to kick him in his face). The nurse in the room encouraged me to take deep breathes and it would be okay. He finishes that then says I just need to take a look a your rectum. Once again "this wont hurt". He then proceeded to stick the entire length of his finger up my rectum while simultaneously checking my cervix AGAIN with his other fingers. When he was done he removed his gloved hand and said oh you're bleeding a "little bit"... I was still bleeding and cramping well into the night and it was not a "little bit". He had zero bedside manners and was totally unconcerned about the fact that what he was doing hurt. I knew I should have got up and walked out when he just completely skipped the pleasantries. In the end he said let's try using low-e birth control pills for a couple of months instead of surgery and see how that works... then proceeds to tell the nurse to call in a script for the cheapest birth control pill. I actually have really good insurance so I told the nurse to write the script for what would work best... not the cheapest. That pretty much summed up his perception of me. When I got to the receptionist desk I was clearly shook since she asked me if I was okay. Not sure if my experience is indicative of his overall care but mine was definitely not a good one.

March 18th, 2015
fine doctor in the operating room or bedside. Expertise and kindness all in one. Would see again.

May 28th, 2013
Dr. Jennings was excellent and polite. He took time to me things easy forme. He told me to make appointments when I'm are in the area. He answer all questions and took great care of me.I am still a work in progress.Dr. Jennings always eases my fear and anxiety. Thanks for all you do Dr. Jennings.