Family Physicians, Internist

418 E Baltimore St
Jackson, TN 38301
731-422-3416
Locations and availability (3)

1.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
 |  Still waiting...  |  show details
by Jason on Aug 20th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Ballard for several months. I had an appointment yesterday and did not bring in my medicine bottles. I was out of both of my medications and did not know he wanted me to bring empty bottles. I thought he was counting what I had left. I am a back patient and have had 3 laminectomies in the last year. He made me go home and get my medication bottles before he would refill my medicines. So I did and came back just before close( live 45 minutes away). When I got there he told me to go to my pharmacy and fill a prescription I didn't pick up last month. I didn't pick it up because it wasn't faxed in when I arrived at my pharmacy. Well, apparently it was never faxed in. I had to drive to my pharmacy 30 minutes away to find that out. So this morning I came by shortly after opening to explain this to the receptionists whom I get to speak to the doctor through. I waited an hour and a half and then the receptionists said they would call me. So I went home for 2 and 1/2 hours and came back. It is 10 minutes til close and I'm still here waiting for my medication refills. I feel like I've been in time out all day for not bringing my med bottles. I'm sure in fact that is the case. I'll be happy to never come back to this place again, but I have no insurance. They need to treat me or give me my money back for treatment.

|  Horrible doctor  |  show details
by Jane Doe on Jul 28th, 2013

This is this worse doctor I have ever encountered, he is rude, and lacking in bedside manners. He does not listen to you and he acts like he can see into your body. I will not see him again and I am telling all my friends about this scamp of a doctor. All he cares about is money. I do not understand why a person with such a ill personality would go into medicine.

|  show details
Apr 22nd, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Ballard' s for several years and he took some getting used to. He has an extremely high patient load especially now since he is also a certified pain management doctor. The two women in the office are pretty rude at times but they are trying to do the job of 4 people. I have been put on eternal hold and hung up on more than once. You should never leave his office without setting your follow-up appt first and the card with the time and date in your hands. You should never go to an appt with him without your med bottles with you. That gets him pretty upset. He will sit and talk to you about your issues but he mumbles a lot so ask him to repeat himself rather than guessing. Wait times vary from 5 minutes to over an hour depending on how booked up he is but he will get you in and out of the exam room within 15 minutes unless you let him know you need to discuss something with him when he asks how things are going for you. He has an odd personality so if you aren't willing to take the time to get to know him then it's best to use another doctor. Also, his office was passed down to him when his father, T.K. Ballard, died and it hasn't been remodeled...ever. it isn't very impressive. All and all, he's a good doctor but his bedside manner takes some getting used to as does his office decor and his "staff".

|  show details
May 16th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I called Dr. Ballard's office to check pricing on initial visits as I just moved to TN from TX. The girl I spoke to gave me a price, which was very high. She asked me to hold, next thing I knew, someone picked up the phone, didn't say anything and then pu

Read Full Review at yahoo.com