Dr. Thomas Ballard III Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Ballard III?

October 21st, 2015

I've been seeing Dr Ballard for over five years, he's an excellent Dr. with a lot of compassion.

December 2nd, 2014

QUACK DOCTOR

He is a quack doctor. He medicates patients, not take care of them. My mom has been seeing him for a very long time and he has her on all types of pain medications. How can you give a patient pain meds for a condition that you have not diagnosed and have not completed tests to see what is going on. If you are a drug addict, go and see him because he will definitely dope you up! Who gives a patient Xanax, Morphine, and Hydrocodone? I detest him and wish they would take his license!

August 20th, 2013

Still waiting...

I've been a patient of Dr. Ballard for several months. I had an appointment yesterday and did not bring in my medicine bottles. I was out of both of my medications and did not know he wanted me to bring empty bottles. I thought he was counting what I had left. I am a back patient and have had 3 laminectomies in the last year. He made me go home and get my medication bottles before he would refill my medicines. So I did and came back just before close( live 45 minutes away). When I got there he told me to go to my pharmacy and fill a prescription I didn't pick up last month. I didn't pick it up because it wasn't faxed in when I arrived at my pharmacy. Well, apparently it was never faxed in. I had to drive to my pharmacy 30 minutes away to find that out. So this morning I came by shortly after opening to explain this to the receptionists whom I get to speak to the doctor through. I waited an hour and a half and then the receptionists said they would call me. So I went home for 2 and 1/2 hours and came back. It is 10 minutes til close and I'm still here waiting for my medication refills. I feel like I've been in time out all day for not bringing my med bottles. I'm sure in fact that is the case. I'll be happy to never come back to this place again, but I have no insurance. They need to treat me or give me my money back for treatment.

April 23rd, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Ballard' s for several years and he took some getting used to. He has an extremely high patient load especially now since he is also a certified pain management doctor. The two women in the office are pretty rude at times but they are trying to do the job of 4 people. I have been put on eternal hold and hung up on more than once. You should never leave his office without setting your follow-up appt first and the card with the time and date in your hands. You should never go to an appt with him without your med bottles with you. That gets him pretty upset. He will sit and talk to you about your issues but he mumbles a lot so ask him to repeat himself rather than guessing. Wait times vary from 5 minutes to over an hour depending on how booked up he is but he will get you in and out of the exam room within 15 minutes unless you let him know you need to discuss something with him when he asks how things are going for you. He has an odd personality so if you aren't willing to take the time to get to know him then it's best to use another doctor. Also, his office was passed down to him when his father, T.K. Ballard, died and it hasn't been remodeled...ever. it isn't very impressive. All and all, he's a good doctor but his bedside manner takes some getting used to as does his office decor and his "staff".

October 12th, 2017