Dr. Thomas Kinney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 23rd, 2016
my medical experience
I too had surgery by Dr. Kinney. Although the deep flap went well, the breasts did not. They looked terrible , were mismatched and I had a nipple made that fell apart after 2 weeks. I expressed my concerns to Dr.Kinney and was told this was the best it would be. I left the office in tears and never received a follow up call from him or the office ( no compassion).I made an appointment with Dr. John Hijjawi for a consult and what a blessing that turned out to be. After several surgeries to correct what was done I now look and feel great about myself.I saw Dr. Hijjawi last week for my final appointment. He will be moving to Utah but I do know that if in the future I need his expertise I will see him in Utah. He is the best.

May 4th, 2016
I am writing a review because if I can prevent one person from going through what I did it will be well worth it. I had a bilateral mastectomy after having breast cancer in my right breast. I also had 13 lymph nodes removed under my right arm. Although I did not look great cosmetically I thought I was so fortunate that I did not have any arm swelling from the lymph node removal When I visited Dr Kinney he made the DIEP FLAP surgery sound so rosy. He said in addition to new breasts you will also get a free tummy tuck!! What middle aged woman wouldn't want a tummy tuck? What a joke that was. Dr Kinney told me the only complication was very very rarely a vein would not take and he would need to go back in and "redo" the vein. He acted like it was no big deal. When I went into surgery the hospital put a wrist band in my right arm stating I was not to get blood draws, blood pressure nor needle sticks on that arm. When I came out of surgery my sons were livid to see the big long bloody spot where Dr Kinney removed the main vein in my right arm. This caused permanent swelling to my right arm. Dr Kinney needed a vein to feed the breast and rather than use one in the stomach, back or anywhere else he decided to take the one in my arm. I think because it was easier for him. In addition 4 days after my drains were removed I was deathly ill. My niece rushed me to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with MRSA I was septic and my kidneys shut down. The hospital called Greater Milwaukee Plastic Surgery and was told Dr Kinney was out the Country on vacation and the doctor on call Dr Loewenstein refused to see me. The infection caused the stitching to tear out leaving a huge hole in my stomach. I was in the hospital 2 weeks. When Dr Kinney returned his idea was to stitch up my stomach with the infection still in my stomach and send me home. Fortunately for me I had an excellent infectious disease Doctor that said "no way" I was on IV fluids for weeks along with a wound vac and daily packing of the wound. I was told my body was at its lowest point. Now that I am feeling better I am left with a swollen arm and hand, swollen stomach where half is stuck down and 2 breasts that are so noticeably lopsided with one side being at least 2 sizes bigger than the other and running down my side and my stomach. In addition I am also left with all these foreign material inside me which I was not told about. ( materials in my belly and clips and plastic strings in my breasts. If even one person thinks twice about getting this operation from Dr Kinney this post is worth writing

December 26th, 2015
Highly recommend
Very happy with results of tummy tuck and breast augmentation

July 2nd, 2015
Love love love him

May 23rd, 2015
Unusually companionate. Takes his time with you and never rushes you through an appointment. Personally telephones to respond to questions, concerns, etc. Always interacts as if he is in a good mood and you are the only patient he has. Incredible empathy for working with women, especially post mastectomy, truely understands our issues and concerns. He really LISTENS to what you say, and assimilates the information. He explains what he will do, what the results will be, and then the process that follows is what he decribed, not different, no surprises, but the procedure matches his verbal explanation. Uses diagrams to the patients visual and mental comprehension are in sync with what the process will be. Cannot praise him and his skill enough.

October 3rd, 2014
Skin Cancer
I was very impressed and confident with Dr.Kinney.He is very comforting in his ways. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Nice to know there are still real professionals.

August 15th, 2014
Breast Augmentation
I was recommended to Dr Thomas Kinney by my sister who had had recent work done by him. I was extremely hesitant to have cosmetic surgery done, never having any before and terrified to mess with my breasts and possibly make them worse when they weren't terrible to begin with. I had 3 other consult done prior to meeting with Kinney but once I met him, I knew he was the guy for the job! He was very personable, kind, helpful, and not at all egotistical like some others! His “hands on” approach put me right at ease and he even was complimentary making me feel special and beautiful even without having surgical work. I was able to schedule rapidly, at a reasonable, even lower procedure estimate/cost, and the surgery went awesome! My results are nothing short of perfect! He didn't try to persuade me to a bigger implants size (like others) but helped me pick the right size for me! I couldn't be happier with the results! I had zero complications, minimal scarring and discomfort, and my new breasts look and feel naturally perfect! I HIGHLY recommend Dr Kinney, along with my sister who's results were outstanding as well! He is truly skilled at his profession! Thank you Doctor! I LOVE my new body and am thrilled that I took the risk to have breast augmentation!

March 26th, 2014
I recently visited with Dr. Thomas Kinney to correct a disaster caused by another Dr. His bedside manner is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! He made me feel like he cared about my situation and was not just trying to make a buck. he held my hand as we discussed my problem and he was very clear on what he can and cannot do for me, which I really appreciated. I even got a hug at the end and was told , everything would be alright, he would take good care of me. When he left the room, my daughter and I both said, "awwwww"-I SOOOOOO wish I had known he accepted my insurance before hand. I love this doctor and would recommend him to anyone considering any type of plastic surgery. The decision to go under the is a huge one and my journey was very emotional. Had I had Dr. Kinney, I have no doubt that I would be a happier person about my decision than I am.

October 8th, 2013
Ms
I have had both an abdominal plasty and a breast reduction by Dr. Kinney and can't praise him enough. He is prompt, patient, sympathetic and a great surgeon. I would definitely recommend him.

September 8th, 2013
Horrible doctor
Wort doctor ever. I saw him when I was about 13 years old because of a staph infection that caused my skin to eat away at itself and formed a hole on the front of my shin. He performed the surgery with little affection towards the idea that I was a child and had no clue what was going on. After the plastic surgery another infection developed near the sutures and he came into my hospital room without my parents there to do a culture saying it would be easier without them there. After I told my parents we left the hospital and went to children's but he refused to sign off on my discharge papers which would allow the doctors there to help me. After 24 hours of fighting he finally gave in. He should not be able to work with children and stick to his middle aged women patients.

July 25th, 2013
Wonderful
This Dr is by far the best in his field. From first visit, he showed compassion which made me feel he understood my misery. He's done a remarkable job and he is honest as to what to expect with the results. I've recommended him to many. I really can't say enough enough the high skills and outstanding bedside manner of this physician. Thank you Dr. Kinney for being who you are!

July 16th, 2013
He's an Artist
I drove 4 hours to consult with Dr. Kinney, who was recommended to me by a dear friend. He really took time to understand what I wanted, and then he thoroughly explained the procedure required to achieve it. His expertise combined with his warm, compassionate demeanor made me feel immediately at ease. He and his staff went out of their way to minimize my travel time and expense - from phone conferences, to working with my doctor here at home, to a Saturday morning post-op office visit before I left town. Now, after 20 years of living with a very large and unattractive scar on my abdomen, I finally have a navel again… and a bikini. The result is so much better than I anticipated. I feel beautiful. This man is an artist.