Dr. Thomas Knapp MD Patient Reviews

4.7
  • 12 reviews

January 5th, 2017
Quality care
I have personal face-to-face conversations with the doctor referencing the operation. The night of the operation while at home, I had A concern and was able to get a callback from the doctor. I'm the type that if I do not trust, I do not go. I trust Dr. knapp and feel comfortable with his support staff.

December 28th, 2016
Did what others wouldn't
I went to three doctors prior to visiting Dr. Knapp. Each one of them told me I needed a shoulder replacement. I felt I was too young to go down that road and was concerned that replacement would be too limiting relative to what I could do post replacement. I saw Dr. Knapp and he recommended a procedure that he felt would result in enhanced range of motion and allow me to put off or possibly eliminate the need for a future replacement. The process was simple and I'm now two weeks post op. I've had very little pain and already have significantly more motion and flexibility in the joint then I did before the procedure. I'm very confident that the final result will be a total success. I can't recommend Dr. Knapp and/or his supporting team highly enough. Very, very happy and appreciative!

December 21st, 2016
Skilled Doctor, Difficult to Contact Sometimes
While Dr. Knapp is amazing at what he does, it is difficult to get in contact with his office. Whenever you call it goes to voicemail and they usually call back the next day. This is fine most times, but can become an issue when someone is needed more urgently. Also, it is strange that he does not handle his own pain management, but sends patients to a pain management doctor.

November 9th, 2016
Rotator cuff surgery
Dr. Knapp has performed 2 surgeries on me and, in my opinion, is an amazing doctor. He is an excellent diagnostician, communicates well, answers questions, is very supportive and is a very talented surgeon. I have referred other patients to him and will continue to do so.

August 24th, 2016
A very pleased patient
Dr Knapp is an outstanding professional who provided me with caring and excellent attention at appointments, in preparation for surgery, the surgery itself, amd daily communication for two weeks after the surgery. Shoulder surgery is often very painful, but because of being directed to a pain specialist before the surgery, I have to say my pain was minimal. I recommend Dr. knapp withiut hesitation and with great enthusiasm.

July 21st, 2016
Amazing
Dr. Knapp is an amazing surgeon who is very compassionate and caring. My shoulder surgery has been very successful with minimal post op pain.

July 20th, 2016
Shoulder Surgery
Dr Knapp did an excellent job. I've had minimal discomfort and feel like I'm on my way to recovery.

April 23rd, 2016
My shoulder rebuild
Dr Knapp came well recommended and so far I haven't been disappointed a bit. He is very self assured and his confidence eased my surgery concerns. His staff is responsive and friendly to my needs and questions.

April 6th, 2016
Shoulder expert
I highly recommend Dr. Knapp for should assessment and repair. He shared his knowledge in an understandable manner and made me a part of the process from start to finish. I have full confidence in him and would recommend him to anyone with shoulder issues.

March 23rd, 2016
positive experience
overall a positive experience. was not really prepared for the inability to sleep. i'm normally a really sound sleeper and have not gotten a good night's sleep for over 2 weeks. that has been the worst part of the experience. Not really much pain after first 2 days.

February 20th, 2016
As a physical therapist with over 30-yrs of orthopedic PT experience, I have rehabilitated numerous post-surgical shoulder cases. The prevailing comments were the high degree of pain & shoulder stiffness lasting weeks following the procedure. I'm happy to report that this was not the case following my extensive shoulder surgery. Dr. Knapp's thorough pre-operative instructions & post-operative care provided a foundation for good early stage healing results. By teaming with pain management physician the post-surgical pain was well controlled & I was able to be off all prescription medications after 4-days.

March 18th, 2013
i was really hurting......he fixed me right up !
he's got mad skills....he's a little younger than me, a family guy, knows his stuff, but has a lot of humility, easy to talk to, with a great sense of humor. had my work done on my right shoulder mid part of 2012. did my rehab, physio, they were with me every step of the way. he & his staff, especially yolie were very understanding about my pain managment, & healing progress. i hope to have him look @ my right knee once i get caught up on everything after returning from a long stay in chicago after my proceedure.