Dr. Thomas Kobylski Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Kobylski?

June 5th, 2016

Awful Dr.

I found this Dr. only in it for the.money. He deep down has anger issues that he doesn't show for a while. He put my son on medication and never explained any of the short or long term side effects. Would barely speak with me on the phone when in a crisis situation because it wasn't a paid appointment. He doesn't care about his patients and I don't think he has any idea what he is talking about. I thought he was a horrible Dr.

March 17th, 2016

Avoid This Dr

This Dr has his personal issues which cloud his judgement. He has problems with ethics and with anger. He will keep treating your child, even though he sees the child deteriorate, because he is motivated by profiting from endless visits. He resisted us getting a 2nd opinion, and ended up setting our child back.

November 23rd, 2015

Awesome doc.

Awesome doc. Very easy to talk to. Knows his stuff.

November 10th, 2015

A thankful mom

Dr. Thomas P. Kobylski was a mature and very thoughtful Dr. for me, an adult mom with PSTD and anxiety. I was his patience years ago, now looking back I want him to know how much I appreciate his help. He was very though with his testing, diagnose and with an really good explanation of my problems and how to solve them. Thank you Dr. T.P.K.

September 30th, 2015

This Dr. was a very thoughtful and thorough man who tried to help me. I was facing a lot of problems with my ex trying to sabotage my medical care but Dr. K. stayed very cool and to the facts. He also understood that a big part of my problem was my abusive ex-husband and he didn't press me but continue helping me. I was impress with the level of test and interviews and efforts for finding facts and the truth. I also told him I was not interested in theraphy for my son, but he realized that it was truly my ex who was also trying to stop me from seeking medical help for our son. Dr. K was respectful and heard me, but he also gave some literature and suggestions that could help my son--just in case. Thank you Dr. K. for working so hard in finding facts and an accurate diagnosis--even if it took several visits---also for being able to see and help women/mothers who are being bullied and abuse by their ex-h.

July 30th, 2015

Angry, Lacks Compassion, Not Ethical

Upon first impression, this Dr can be warm, funny, like a big teddy bear, but he can also be a bully, sarcastic, and not in control of himself & his anger. Over time, his other issues reveal themselves, and perhaps these are more serious. This Dr has profound issues with ethical practice, he engages in inappropriate relationships, he engages in dual roles with clear conflict of interest. Our child did not improve at all, in the long, long, time with this Dr, and he did not refer our child to an appropriate provider, so that an accurate diagnosis could be made, he just wanted to keep the status quo, even though our child deteriorated. We came to believe that the motivation was financial, as well as his poor judgement, and his inability to listen to us

April 7th, 2015

Dr. Kobylski..former patient (moved)

Saw Dr. Kobylski 8 years. Sincere, dedicated, patient, reasonable, kind, knowledgeable, helpful in true psych/dialog/talk therapy. Not just an RX machine. Offered support,advice,honest critique,thought provoking questions that encouraged self assessment on real issues. Only good things.

June 24th, 2013

A great doctor

I work w/ Dr. K as an adult. I have been on a couple dozen meds from other doctors, and he slowly, cautiously help me get on a medication regime where I am largely stable without debilitating side effects. He has been cautious with changes and monitors my medication use closely (particularly the controlled meds), but he has also given me a lot of say in my treatment plan, and is not the sort of doctor who has a "make the medication change or else" attitude; he also has me text him every 2-3 days after a med change or when life is tough. He is also very up to date on the newest findings in psychopharmacology. Bottom line: he does an excellent job walking the fine line between be too controlling on one one end, not keeping a close enough eye on things on the other. On the down side, his office isbincredibly messy, and he looks like the absent minded professor, but he always seems to know what is going on. Also, he sometimes needs a reminder, like a text, to follow through on things like refills discussed at appointments.

October 15th, 2012

Dr. K freely prescribes drugs to children in off lable combinations. I was not happy with he approach he was not open to looking non-drug options.

October 28th, 2011

Dr. K is a highly regarded doctor for a reason. He has a cautious and conservative approach with the children with meds, putting no pressure on parents and providing ample background info on effects on behavior as well as side effects. He is very caring and is able to make great headway with children who are otherwise difficult in communicating and expressing emotions. Super knowledgeable about the range of children's behaviors and always attentive and helpful in suggesting ways of working with children at home and school. Was recommended to him by other psychiatrists and agencies, and we're so thrilled, as our child has made amazing progress in his care.

October 11th, 2011

Former Long Time Patient

Dr. K is someone I saw for 5 years during my adolescence. He is a very caring doctor and I don't doubt that he wanted to help me, however his diagnosis and manner of medicating me was horrific. He really likes the whole Bi-Polar type 2 diagnosis. At the time (early 2000s) it was very trendy. I am now in my mid 20s and can tell you definitively that I have anxiety disorder and nothing else. He put me on massive doses of anti-psychotics and mood-stabalizers and changed my doses at least once a week. The side effects I experienced were absolutely horrendous. I would understand having to find a way to deal with them if the medications were meant to treat an illness I had, but I don't have that illness. I would ask anyone who sees him to get a second opinion on diagnosis. The things I experienced, which he told me were indications of mania, included: severe akithisia, oculo-gyric crisis and oromandibular dystonia (there are descriptions if you google.) I still have tardive dyskinesia. Please, please be careful with him.

January 13th, 2011

Patient; 1 other family member also a patient

Dr.Doctor is 100% attentive during a visit.His interest is sincere.He is not patronizing; he is helpful.Makes practical, positive suggestions for changing coping behaviors. Teaches patient methods to function in the world in a forward motion & take charge manner facilitating positive and permanant change.Identifies negative behaviors with sensitive,non condescending manner, provides alternatives to current adaptive behaviors that are not working for patient.Always remembers patient's specific work/family situation/dynamics in place so no time is wasted in therapy.Insightful on all developmental/age related/maturation issues for both adults&non-adults.Excellent at family dynamics, dysfunctional family patterns,teen problems,drug/alcohol problems.Highly recommended as a patient and effective physician.