A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Kovacs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Kovacs is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kovacs
COPD Patient Education Learn all about about COPD with Vitals chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kovacs Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Kovacs, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer Hemorrhage
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Kovacs graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal.
Dr. Kovacs has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Oliver Kovacs MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Thomas O. Kovacs practice?
- Dr. Thomas Kovacs has 2 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Kovacs practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Internists and Los Angeles Gastroenterologists.