Dr. Thomas Kowalkowski DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

July 13th, 2016
Terrible place to work for
Worked there for a week and apparently I didn't catch on fast enough to be a receptionist and it takes time to get used to the system and learn everything.she then fired me which was fine but then she went overboard and was telling me how she could have a high schooler figure it out faster then I could. And there was something mentally wrong with me and I needed to be on medications which there is nothing wrong with me . Also some of the coworkers said I was on drugs which I don't even do drugs and never have. This is a terrible place to work they yell at you for everything and she told me I will go nowhere in my career and I will be better off hiding behind clothes working in retail.she is a very mean and rude person. They are so rude that they have people quit and walk out all the time.NEVER WORK HERE

July 8th, 2016
I underwent consultation with multiple doctors including physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain management. I underwent a few epidural steroid injections, which did not help. I was eventually referred to IPPMC, Dr. Kowalkowski, in which after just a few visits I can say I have greatly improved. I have over 80% improvement and my function has improved! I am glad I came to IPPMC!

May 13th, 2016
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!! Dangerous and painful!

December 7th, 2015
Disappointed
I have dealt with chronic pain for almost 3 years now- had 3 surgeries and countless procedures done. My experience with Dr. Kowalkowski at IPPMC was by far the most unpleasant experience that I have had at any medical facility! Dr. Kowalkowski was very unprofessional, rude and very rough. He is a BAD doctor.

October 9th, 2015
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! No one deserves to put up with this arrogant, self-obsessed sociopath. I absolutely cannot believe he still has a license. If you have had an experience like mine, PLEASE contact the MN Board of Medical Practice to dile a complaint. The longer we stand by and say nothing, the more people he can injure physically and mentally!

July 3rd, 2014
Ouch! Pain in my neck and wallet
My wife & I agree with all of the negative reviews & experiences with DR. K. I went there 2 months ago for a pain in my thoracic just below a 3 level neck fusion. We met with DR K. for 1 hour although 50 minutes of my time was spent listening to him bash the CC hospital in our town along with many of it's Doctors. He tore down just about every pain clinic in MN, then laid claim to being accredited as 1 of 10 in the Country. I checked his claim & he isn't even in top 10 MN. He claims an EPP/FIPP award as 1 of 17 clinics in 11 Countries, although he sits on the board of FIPP. He ordered 2 MRI's of my low back fusion & thoracic. I was seeing him for neck and thoracic pain. He loves his MRI's along with billing extravagantly for them. He did an injection on my thoracic area. The nurse had trouble getting the IV going, after 4 pokes it was in. I had blood running down my arm & it was still there when I got in my car. They handed me his plan of action which was insane. I spent 2 weeks on the couch following the injection. Along with referrals to my neurosurgeon & a different pain clinic. Billed $7,500.00 on 1 visit. Worse than before his injection, with zero positive results. On the positive side I learned an extremely valuable lesson. Read as many reviews as possible for now on before making an appointment. The reviews speak for their-selves, I have noticed many of the positive 5 star reviews were posted by anonymous posts & some were removed from duplicity along with the same IP address???

September 18th, 2013
I have intractable centralized pain in my abdomen caused by endometriosis, numerous surgeries for subsequent adhesions, and many bowel obstructions. In other words, my gut is violent. I am tired of being “accused” of being sick, I have had enough of this “drug seeking behavior” nonsense, and I am done with inept pain doctors or those who think a few deep breathing exercises and “learn to deal with it” psychologies are the answer to intractable pain. I went to Dr. Kowalkowski as I thought he may just have multiple therapies that could work. Not to be. He wanted nothing to do with me after his first set of trigger points failed. Not only failed, but worsened me. Then he insisted a pain stimulator would be the answer. My surgeon assured me a stimulator in my back was not the answer and it would not handle gut pain. I had already figured it out, but not Dr. Kowalkowski. I was not doing well and called for an emergency appointment. It went nowhere. On the last appointment, after my husband and I sat for an hour waiting, we got up and left. One would think they would follow up with a courtesy call just to ask what happened, but no, nothing. We got the message. I would caution anyone who is truly in pain, especial intractable pain, to check him out thoroughly before wasting valuable time. He is a back guy and that is it. If you have pain elsewhere, you should look elsewhere.

February 20th, 2013
STAY AWAY FROM THIS QUACK!!!!
This man does NOT listen to the patient!! He is arrogant beyond words!! He made more than one mistake and then blamed it on ME!! He yells and talks down to his patients! He is suppose to be a pain doc. But he brought more pain and misery into my life than I had before! He did a procedure on me. It was to find out if a stimulator worked for me. But then I found out that he couldn't perform the surgery to place it in there permantely, because no one wanted him in their hospital! He had lost all hospital privileges in all of the area hospitals! His attitude is of an elitist....STAY AWAY from this man!!! RUN RUN RUN!!!!!

February 4th, 2013
Dr.K Helped Me
I had a great experience at IPPMC. Doctor was very friendly. The clinic was very peacful. The nurses were friendly. My pain was treated which is a big thing for me I have tried many places and they were giving pain killes which I did not like. I have no more pain in my back. I can walk and and do household works and help my wife. Life have became so much easier

October 19th, 2012
Not too personal but great DR.
Wait wasn't terrible and it was a busy office. Staff was pleasant. Dr's wife, who is a nurse, helped me and she was and is wonderful! Dr. K isn't the most personal Dr. I have ever seen but the results are what matters. I have not been this pain free in years! If you want a atmosphere that is lollipops and balloons this may not be the place or Dr for you but if you want to feel better do not go any place else.

October 1st, 2012
My health improved effectively
I was extremely apprehensive when I first presented to IPPMC. Having gone to a previous pain clinic in the area, I had a bad experience with their clinic. Their emphasis was treating with narcotic prescriptions after I had disclosed the fact that I was addicted to opioids. Their staff is extremely hard working, dedicated, friendly and they are out to serve the customer. I trust everyone on staff. The team at IPPMC is out for the best interest of the patient. I would recommend this clinic to anyone.

September 29th, 2012
Great doctor!
I've never met a more knowledgeable pain doctor.