Overall Review

no change

November 30th, 2015
Nightmare,Pain in Butt
He is a Horse Doctor .. oh wait I wouldn't want to condone animal cruelty .Is 100% undeniable the worst unsympathetic ,egotistic,pompas ,uncaring Doctor I have ever seen. From start to finish of appointment was accusations on pain ain't that bad ,won't ever give pain meds ,expensive long term therapy only is his belief for treatment.You could come in screaming in pain crying ,shaking from your bodies shock of your pain ,I'd won't matter.Crying out and begging for something for pain so to beble to just work full-time to keep me from losing my job ,said I was a doctor shopper and pain meds seeker.Inhumane! . .like mentioned above ,run for your lives !!

May 4th, 2015
Very Proud of Himself
Dr. Kowalski is much more interested in impressing upon patients how important and intelligent he is than in treating their problems. It's a common problem among physicians, especially at academic centers. I'm sure he's very intelligent but perhaps he is a little insecure about his intellect for some reason. If you want to be treated with respect, you'd do better to look elsewhere.

October 28th, 2013
S.O.D.
Dr. Kowalski saved my life. I was misdiagnosed/undiagnosed for 4 years. In and out of emergency rooms where Dr.'s and nurses did not believe anything was wrong with me and labeled me as having a mental problem and a drug seeker because no test showed my health problem. They always sent me home sick. My health became so bad and I was malnourished and having pancreatitis.I met Dr. Kowalski and in no time at all he had the Emergency room admit me and he performed ERCP with monometry and performed a sphincterotomy that has now gave me my life back. I have not been back to the ER since. I do see a Dr. at the pain center for a script every month for pain meds but I can eat and live now.

September 23rd, 2013
poor followup
He is a very smart and thorough diagnostician, ordering all the necessary tests that other doctors had overlooked. But, all this becomes useless when there is no timely followup for discussing the next steps after a serious illness diagnosis. Perhaps some of the fault lies with his staff but he is their boss!

June 11th, 2013
Thank God for Dr. Kowalski!
My husband was having recurrent attacks of pancreatitis, and our local hospital kept sending him back home without explanation. He became sicker and sicker, and the doctors were unable to provide any explanation or treatment. Thank God we were referred to Dr. Kowalski. He diagnosed, explained, and fixed the problem. We've been following up with Dr. Kowalksi for the last two years and he has remained professional, highly competent, kind and caring. This doctor was truly an answer to some desperate prayers.

April 5th, 2013
Dr. T. Kowalski
Could not be more pleased with the entire staff, especially those in the procedure room. Answered any questions I had on my terms of understanding Dr Kowalski came highly recommended by another Dr.who could not perform procedure I needed.

January 4th, 2012
Misdiagnosed
My mom had ct scan and it showed a pancreatic mass. Went for endoscopic ultrasound by Dr Thomas Kowalski. After procedure he spoke w/ us explaining my mother has stage 2 pancreatic cancer but did not see vessel involvement and stated it looked operative. Upset but happy we "caught it early" went for consult w/ surgeon 2 weeks later, had 64 slice ct scan and was given the shocking news that my mom has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, her portal vein was strangled for quite some time that colateral circulation was present w/ mets to liver and lung. When we asked the surgeon why the results 2 weeks stated it was stage 2 w/ no mets he couldn't explain Dr. Kowalski's reported findings and told my mom she should " go home and get things in order" and " spend as much time w/ your family". My mom survived 11 months after that day. I know there was nothing we could do to change what was actually growing in my mom but how could Dr. Kowalski be do off? It was as if he was talking about a totally different patient. What added injury to insult was that the surgeon he referred us to couldn't explain at all why the report was so completely different from what my mom actually had. Dr Kowalski may be very smart and may help lots of people but he was completely wrong diagnosing my mom and never explained what happen. I lost total trust in him and question his integrity.

June 22nd, 2011
Terrible
Ignores patients

May 19th, 2011
Amazing physician...amazing person
Dr. Thomas Kowalski is an all-around class act. Not only is he a top-notch physician...the best in his field...but a warm and caring person who cares deeply about his patients as well as their families. I recently lost my Grandfather who was a patient of Dr. Kowalski for 16 months. Until the very end, Dr. Kowalski always treated my Pop with dignity and respect. It is not too often one finds a physician who truly puts his patients' needs and desires ahead of everything else. I do not have enough kind words to say. Thank you Dr. Kowalski for being the physician and person that you are.

March 28th, 2011
Got pancreas issues? He's your man, hands down.
If you are seeking someone with knowledge and expertise with pancreatic disease, I can imagine no better hands to be in than Dr.Kowalski's. He is direct and professional, yet caring and responsive. He has taken the time to explain and reassure at times of uncertainty in regard to a surgical complication I was faced with. He is truly a part of our team for my health.Not only has he taken a personal interest in my case, he has exceeded all expectations of time investment walking us through health questions unrelated to my pancreas.The staff who manage calls are caring and have expedited scripts to me when faced with pancreatis out of town. I have gotten call backs in a timely fashion.The only way I would have been cared for better is if my mother was running the office.You are in good hands with this man and those he surrounds himself with. I have been under his care for four years as I write this.

January 12th, 2011
STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOC
He will perform a routine ERCP and you will end up fighting for you life in the ICU. STAY AWAY