Internist, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Beloved soulmate of Deb Miller  |  show details
by Emery Miller on Sep 26th, 2013

My wife Debbie was diagnosed with CLL in the spring of 2012. Dr. Goodman gave us a very optimistic prognosis despite of her diagnosis. Within 3 months of her CHOP treatments, her tumors came back to Dr Goodman's surprise, yet CHOP treatment continued. It was not until we got Deb to a CLL specialist did we find the reality that she had a P53 mutation from a test called FISH that Dr Goodman never had given, resulting in wrong treatment, deletion of 17p chromosome during CHOP under his care that lead to her death on April 28, 2013. I lost my best friend, soulmate & love of my life due to human error. My feedback- research & obtain an expert , even a Dr like Dr Goodman with decades of experience does not do all the tests nor understand red flags that would have lead to an entirely different treatment & outcome. Drb's only mistake was believing in her Dr so much because of what he told us that we walked away from our first meeting she had the best Dr & best outcome. It cost her life & our family pain beyond words. After we received news there was noting left to do , she suffered horribly & Dr Goodman called because she refused to stay under his care. Deb refused to talk to him & died weeks later.