Dr. Thomas Lawrence MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Tallahassee, FL

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 11th, 2015
ok if you can tolerate rude office staff
He is allright, not so good at filling in patients with the procedures leading up to cataract surgery. Seems to be a nice fellow, just not so great on communication. Office staff here is a big problem, off the wall rude. I was charged an inaccurate co pay for one visit, and I did request that it be refunded back to me rather than held until my next years appointment. They were good at refunding the money within 3 weeks time. I did see this doctor two times one year apart so I did give this facility the college try. I wanted to know what my 20% co pay was for cataract surgery. (Im on Medicare and Florida Blue) my insurance told me I was responsible for 20% of the facility charge for the procedure, and were very helpful. Well this is where it got ugly. I asked the staff what that would be, they did a lot of going around in circles, the office manager was rude to me and hung up without saying good bye, and as a result I went to my primary and asked her to recommend someone, which she did. However the office manager did tell me I had a cataract in the other eye too which was news to me which i think the doctor should have apprised me about. I initially went there on a friends recommendation, she loves him. I however will go for my procedure to a Dr. my primary physician recommended. This poor Dr. probably has no idea that the front office staff are rude, but that's something I would hold him responsible for. Wouldn't recommend him for that reason. Communication issues both back and front office.