Dr. Thomas Lucas MD Patient Reviews

• 11 reviews

March 3rd, 2014
Wonderful Doctor and Service
I will say that I have had to only had to wait 1 time for an appointment. It is mostly true when the recording says "and we will see you today". And it was my fault for waiting until the last minute to call for the appointment and the only reason I couldn't see the doctor is because he wasn't in that day. Yes doctors need a day off too. I appreciate all that Dr. Thomas Lucas and his staff have done for me. He is very thorough and some may think he goes overboard in his testing but he is determined to do his very best to get to the bottom of the problem to find a solution. I appreciate Colonial Healthcare.

April 12th, 2013
The Healing Touch
When your being treated by Dr. Lucas you KNOW you'll be getting better fast! He helped me quit chewing tobbaco and cured my strep throat, my breath has never been fresher.

April 11th, 2013
Dr Lucas review.
Dr Lucas is very friendly, thorough and really cares about my healthcare needs. Truly an outstanding doctor!

April 10th, 2013
Best Doctor with great staff!
I've have several doctors as we have traveled in the military, Dr Lucas has been, by far, the best doctor I have had. I have been seeing him constantly for just over a year for my back problems & he has definitely taken every avenue to get me on the right path, been very thorough and patient! I love his nursing staff as well. These days you don't find many compassionate doctors, Colonial has at least 1 that I know of, Dr Lucas!

April 9th, 2013
Dr Lucas is great!

April 6th, 2013
I was recently seen by Dr. Lucas in the urgent care at Colonial Family Practice. It was a horrible experience. It all started when he began to diagnose me without reading the results from a test that was given. When I asked him if the test that was given were positive or negative, he stated " let me check on that". After waiting twenty minutes a medical assistant came into the room with a list of four prescriptions. Dr. Lucas never returned to the room to explain what or why he was prescribing any of the medications. When I questioned the medical assistant which wasn't the medical assistant who took me to the room and check my initial vitals. She responded by saying yes that I needed all four prescriptions and that she couldn't read the Dr. Lucas's handwriting. Unfortunately my husband was at work and unable to go with me. This is why it is important to have someone accompany you to the Dr. If I could I would not have given him one star.

April 5th, 2013
I recently came to colonial to find a family doctor. I set up an appointment with Dr Lucas, i was very impressed with how attentive he was. He made me feel very comfortable and is the first physician who has actually listened to what i have to say. I would recommend Dr. Lucas to anyone. He is a wonderful doctor.

April 4th, 2013
Regular Doc
A great doctor in all areas.

March 27th, 2013
Colonial family practice really cares about its patients, and Dr Lucas is one of the most caring and attentive physicians I have met in a long time. I just recently moved to Sumter and the thought of finding a doctor I could trust was scary, but Dr Lucas made the transition easy. Thank you for caring about your patients!

March 27th, 2013
Kind and Caring Doctor
I really like how much Dr. Lucas cares about my health. He takes the time to understand what is wrong and heals me right up!

March 26th, 2013
Best health care I've received in a number of years
Dr Lucas seems to be genuinely concerned about my health care. He checks things my former USAF doctors never even mentioned. I feel that my health is properly monitored now and that he is genuinely interested in managing my health to provide me the best opportunity to be healthy and remain that way.