A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas O'Connell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas O'Connell, Internist is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas O'Connell, MD is board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Connell graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. O'Connell has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas L O'Connell MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Thomas L. O'Connell practice?
- Dr. Thomas O'Connell has 4 office locations.
Dr. Thomas O'Connell practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Chapel Hill, NC.
See Durham Internists and Durham Endocrinologists.