A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas O'Connell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas O'Connell, Internist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas O'Connell, MD is board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Connell graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. O'Connell has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. O'Connell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans