A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas O'Connell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas O'Connell, Internist is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Connell
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. O'Connell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas O'Connell, MD is board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Connell graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. O'Connell has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas L O'Connell MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Thomas L. O'Connell practice?
- Dr. Thomas O'Connell has 4 office locations.
Dr. Thomas O'Connell practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Chapel Hill, NC.
See Durham Internists and Durham Endocrinologists.