A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Schaefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Schaefer is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Schaefer, MD is board certified in Family Medicine, Family Medicine - Geriatric Medicine, and Family Medicine - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Diabetes Complications
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaefer graduated from University of Pittsburgh .
Dr. Schaefer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Jefferson Hospital
- Saint Clair Memorial Hospital
- Jefferson Regional Med Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Leon Schaefer MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 28 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Sports Medicine, and Geriatric Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Thomas L. Schaefer practice?
- Dr. Thomas Schaefer has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Schaefer practices Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Sports Medicine, and Geriatric Medicine near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Primary Care Doctors, Pittsburgh Family Physicians, and Pittsburgh Geriatric Doctors.