A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Schaefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Schaefer is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaefer
Tennis Elbow Patient Education Guide Learn all about symptoms and treatments for tennis elbow by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schaefer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Schaefer, MD is board certified in Family Medicine, Family Medicine - Geriatric Medicine, and Family Medicine - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Diabetes Complications
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaefer graduated from University of Pittsburgh .
Dr. Schaefer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Clair Memorial Hospital
- Jefferson Hospital
- Jefferson Regional Med Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas L Schaefer MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 28 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Sports Medicine, and Geriatric Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Thomas L. Schaefer practice?
- Dr. Thomas Schaefer has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Schaefer practices Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Sports Medicine, and Geriatric Medicine near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Primary Care Doctors, Pittsburgh Geriatric Doctors, and Pittsburgh Family Physicians.