A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Young:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Young is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Young
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Young Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Young, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Young graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Young has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
- University Of Tennessee Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas L Young MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Thomas L. Young practice?
- Dr. Thomas Young has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Young practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Knoxville, TN.
See Knoxville Internists and Knoxville Gastroenterologists.