Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
7701 York Ave S
Ste 180
Edina, Minneapolis, MN 55435
952-927-7810
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  good listener  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2014

I recently met Dr. L and really liked him. He was good at listening to my issues and spent alot of time looking over my records from my other clinic. He told me about my thyroid problem, gave me some treatment options, and let me participate with the medication plan. He was very polite. I definitely plan to see him for my thyroid problem.

Oct 24th, 2013

He was rude and didnt want to listen to anything I had to say regarding my hyperthyroidism. His answer was basically pushing pills at me instead of working with me to find the answer to my hyperthroidism. On top of that I recieved a $500 bill. He spent no more than 15 minutes with me and barley looked at me. I called the nurse and she would not listen to me either. In my opinion, not a good clinic or MD.

|  Best Ever!  |  show details
May 28th, 2013

Dr Laedtke is incredible ! He listens to me and is genuinely caring. My diabetes has improved greatly, and it's all because of his continual care. I see a lot of doctors and he is one of the best! Thoroughly satisfied would recommend.

|  pleasant and knowledgable  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Laedtke for the past year for my diabetes management and really like him. He has a great bedside manner and is very considerate, interested in how I am doing. He explains issues very well and presents options to me so that I can be involved with decision making. His staff is excellent too. I know alot of people do doctor-shopping until they find the right fit... he's been terrific for my care.

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
by 543210 at Citysearch on Feb 1st, 2012 on citysearch.com

My friend recommended I see Dr. Laedtke for a diabetes evaluation and I wasn`t disappointed. I was able to get my first appointment in about 3 weeks and had a thorough evaluation at his clinic. He was a good listener and had alot of new ideas for me. I liked his office staff and will definitely see him again!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Jan 31st, 2012

For the past five years Ive seen Dr. Laedtke for treatment of my Type 1 Diabetes. Ive had diabetes now for almost 22 years, and in my opinion, achieving excellent control is the result of a strong partnership between the patient and physician. With this partnership, Dr. Laedtke and I have taken my control from good to great. What I appreciate about Dr. Laedtkes care is his honesty and valuing of my opinion. This balance resulted in me deciding to take my control to the next level, by switching from conventional Humalog/Lantus injections, to the Medtronic Insulin Pump. Without Dr. Laedtkes guidance, I would have continued to have fallen victim to the fear of change, thus not moving to the pump. In my opinion, a good physician is the balance of the what (results) and how (communication and relationship). Its because of this balance that I will continue to see Dr. Laedtke for years to come.

|  mean  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

I felt he was rude and mean. His bedside manner is horrible-almost had me in tears a couple of times. I felt bad enough coming in extremely hypothyroid and he was horribly condenscending towards me. I do not recommend this doctor!

|  Would recommend him to anyone.  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

I really liked him as my doctor but I had to find another one closer to my house. He helped me through a very difficult pregnancy and was there for me if I had any questions. I would recommend him to anyone that lives near him.

Mar 25th, 2011

I was not overly impressed with Dr Laedtke. It seems not many endocrinologists get high ratings though.

Feb 12th, 2011

I had a very unpleasant office visit with this dr. He was harshly opinionated and did not seem to take the time to get all the facts.

Feb 7th, 2011

I scheduled a visit with Dr Laedtke in part due to some high ratings he received on another website poll. I was shocked by the treatment I actually received at the office- not by the office staff, but by the "dr" himself. He was rude, borderline hostile and utterly derogatory. He did not take the time to get an accurate and thorough history from me as he was too busy berating me and some of the providers I have been to in the past. I find it unfathomable that this doctor could have ever been considered good or caring. I will not step foot back in this office. At the very least, I question his unprofessional manner with which he addressed me.

|  My advice look elsewhere  |  show details
by mcmonster at Citysearch on Feb 7th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I scheduled a visit with Dr Laedtke in part due to some high ratings he received on another website poll. I was shocked by the treatment I actually received at the office- not by the office staff, but by the \"dr\" himself. He was rude, borderline hostile and utterly derogatory. He did not take the time to get an accurate and thorough history from me as he was too busy berating me and some of the providers I have been to in the past. I find it unfathomable that this doctor could have ever been considered good or caring. I will not step foot back in this office. At the very least, I question his unprofessional manner with which he addressed me.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  He's the best  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2010

He gave me hope. He took the time to show me that he genuinely cares and followed through by providing me a detailed report on my status. Initially I chose Dr. Ladetke because he was close to home. Knowing him now, I would travel a long way to remain under his care. I have been a patient of his since the year 2000. He has had a pulse on my thyroid that has kept me going and feeling great!

|  This Dr actually has a PERSIONALITY!  |  show details
May 27th, 2009

For all of you that have been to endocrinologists and wondered if they were really alive or part of the 'walking dead' as they have the personality of a rock, you will find a refreshing change if you were to visit with Dr Laedtke. He actually has a sense of humor and is very 'grounded'. He is quite a refreshing change! I saw him originally over 10 years ago, my insurance changed and his clinic was no longer part of the group that I was allowed to see. Now after 10 years, I have different insurance and the 1st thing I did was make an appointment to see him! He brings to the table the true meaning of a Dr who cares!