Dr. Thomas Leipzig MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Indianapolis, IN

February 16th, 2015
Office and staff at Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine very richly decorated and professional in appearance. Met with doctor Leipzig and it was a big disappointment. Visit was approx. 6 minutes long and he admitted the other doctor was more knowledgeable. The CD brought to him of MRI had considerable data was partially erased when he returned it. He noted other doctor outside of his group knew more and that is where we should continue. He could not give a 2nd opinion and knew considerably less of the specialized area. Nurse may have made an error on scheduling us with him. Yet, his advertisement states he is a specialist in the area. He seemed to be more in tune with looking good, eyebrows in place, etc then knowing very much and or being able to answer questions of a serious medical specialist nature. We were concerned about his medical knowledge when we could get an appointment scheduled to see him in a matter of a few days at any of there locations. Good doctors usually have considerable referrals and it takes time to get in to see them. Based on his lack of knowledge we felt the bill should be adjusted accordingly; but it was one of the largest of all neuro-surgeons. Would never recommend him and would be afraid to go back to Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine; since there is no telling what kind of doctor they can pull from there pool and assign to provide medical expertise.

March 30th, 2012
In cahoots
Goodman Campbell brain and spine, set a appointment up to see my mother who had a spinal fusion that ruined her back.On the day of the appointment after waiting 1 year and 3 months, they told her they would not see her. They couldn't have said anything 2 week before.this waist of our time to build a medical malpractice case was deliberate wile working with Indiana Spine group who performed the surgery to prevent my mother from finding out just what went wrong.Do not trust either one!
Doctor's Response

I do apologize that your appointment was canceled at the last minute. I do get called away from the office when I am on call at the emergency rooms of St. Vincent or Methodist hospitals. Sometimes this results in patients showing up for appointments and are frustrated when I am not there see them. My office staff tries to call patients ahead of time whenever possible, but occasionally, there is not enough time to do do. I do hope you and your mother have received the information you needed. Tom Leipzig, MD

October 24th, 2009
A doctor of the people
Dr Leipzig is very personable. He treats his patients as if he is on their level. I called the nurses in the neuro critical care unit before taking my father to see him, I asked for names of the best neurosurgeons they know. Both nurses independently gave his name. They were right. How many times does a surgeon advise you that we do not have to operate at this time? I would recommend him to anyone.