Dr. Thomas Lowe MD Patient Reviews

• Maternal and Fetal Medicine Boca Raton, FL

April 10th, 2017
I was referred to Dr. Lowe for my 20 week and 34 week scans as part of my routine care through my OB office. At my 34 week scan I was told my baby had fully formed organs and lungs, that he was predicted at about 4.5 pounds, measuring small but normal since I was small, and he was a completely healthy baby. I had 2D and 4D scans done at that visit. When my son was born at 38 weeks 4 days gestation, he was born not breathing on his own and had to be instantly intubated and flown to Nicklaus Children's Hospital. He had benign growths all over his body and on his face. One of his lungs was pushed up and he was not able to breathe on his own. When my husband and I went back to Dr. Lowe to receive CD's of the ultrasound images, Dr. Lowe had no record of me having 4D scans. I have the images printed out on the same strip as the 2D. Being told my baby boy was perfectly healthy and then him being born with an instant struggle for life is unacceptable. Sadly my son only survived for 5 days. I received no compassion when explaining the situation to Dr. Lowe when we picked up the images at his office and informed him that our son was fighting for his life.

July 19th, 2016
Loved Dr. Lowe and staff!

June 9th, 2016
Great Doctor
Great doctor, great ultrasound tech, but not a big fan of the front desk people, a little rude!

May 7th, 2016
Very laid back comforting person

February 10th, 2016
Best Doctor in area

May 12th, 2015
Great Dr. And Staff
I am currently seeing Dr. Lowe and am very happy with the doctor and his whole staff. Everyone has been warm, helpful and kind. I was telling the ultrasound tech that I went to have a 3D4D ultrasound twice with no luck,and at the end of my regular ultrasound she switched to 3D and got the most adorable, clear shot of my beautiful son's face. They go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and informed about your pregnancy. I would recommend Dr.Lowe to anyone!

April 30th, 2015
Dr was very friendly and professional, however the ultrasound tech breached every HIPPA law out there any gave me another women's ultrasound pictures which included her name/DOB, etc. When I politely brought the error to her attention she laughed about it!

March 18th, 2015
Doc was ok, staff was horrible
I had to call back 4 times to set my initial appointment. Every time I called receptionist gave me an attitude and told me to wait for the appropriate nurse to become available to make my appointment. At 1st visit waited for over an hour to be seen. Met with the Dr for no more than 10 mins tops. Ultrasound tech and the Dr were informative and nice. The rest of his staff was unprofessional and rude. Any questions I had and asked I was shut down immediately. For an office that handles high risk pregnancies, they sure do not know how to make a mother to be feel at ease and instead caused more anxiety and stress due to me having concerns not being answered.

February 1st, 2015
We waited an hour after our appointment before we were seen. The staff was extremely unprofessional and rude. Dr. Lowe himself was very kind though.

February 2nd, 2014
Very kind doctor
I love this doctor , I would recommend him to anyone , he is patient and calm which helps a lot when you are pregnant and anxious about everything . He is very kind and understanding , his staff were very helpful and nice ,, I was a little afraid because of the bad reviews it ended up working out perfectly , the waiting time was a little long but so worthy ,,

March 28th, 2013
We absolutely adore this doctor. Excellent, even-tempered, gentle man. We drove from Delray Beach to his previous office near Port Everglades to see him for each of my 3 daughters. He explained things in a way that calmed us and talked us out of an unnecessary procedure once. During my last daughter's pregnancy, when everything seemed to be spinning out of control, he was the voice of reason who really pulled everything together and helped make terrific decisions with us! Three gorgeous daughters and we are so thankful to him! His staff was just fine, no issues.

February 22nd, 2012
Opinion from a fellow healthcare professional
First of all this is my personal opinion as a healthcare professional. The doctors at this facility are awesome, too bad that the office staff does not reflect that at all. The young ladies there are not at all professional to patients or other healthcare professionals in the field that chose to work with their office. I get the impression that they have no idea how to act in a professional manner. It's a shame that the doctors has to suffer due to the staff. As a professional my office has decided to no longer refer patients. It is appalling that they have no regard for the reputation of their doctors.