Dr. Thomas Sweeney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 14th, 2016
Worst Surgeon!!! Stay Away!!!
This guy practically has a scalpel knife in hands during consultation!! Be careful!!

May 20th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Sweeney for 2 years. We have done everything that can be done without surgery. I will be seeing him shortly for minimally invasive robotic surgery. My husband had the surgery done last year with good results.

March 26th, 2015
great dr
very good dr, I would say the best around , I didn't have surgery by him yet, but if I do, I will go with him, I like how he cares and gets to the bottom of the problem!

February 19th, 2014
professional failed spinal surgery patient 12 years 17 surgeries
I saw Dr Sweeney about 5 months ago. I felt so confident with him I signed up for him to reconstruct my T10-S1. As far as his staff, I understand busy but these girls have absolutely NO COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN THEM. THEY LOSE VERY VALUABLE INFO, TESTS ETC. THEY LIE ABOUT TALKING WITH HIM AND WHAT THE STATUS IS OF YOUR CASE. IT TOOK THEM ANOTHER 4 MONTHS AND 3 DR APPTS TO GET IT STRAIGHT FOR MY SURGERY THIS THURSDAY. THE INCOMPETENCE OF HIS STAFF IS SCARY. WHO IN THE WORLD CALLS A PATIENT ON A FRIDAY@453PM AND SAYS DO YOU HAVE YOUR MRI? (WHEN MY APPT IS MONDAY AM AND I LIVE ON OTHER SIDE IF STATE) UM NO YOU DO , I TOLD YOU FROM DAY 1 I WANT HIM TO HEAL ME SO WHY WOULD I HAVE IT? YOU'VE HAD IT FROM DAY ONE, SO WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN TELLING ME HE HAS BEEN REVIEWING FOR 4 MONTHS ?WHEN YOU SEE A SPECIALIST LIKE SWEENEY YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL CURRENT TESTS RIGHT? SO WHY WOULD I HAVE IT, Then I call to tell his nurse to put a hold on it for a possible heart problem, she proceeds to tell me about her history. A few weeks later she say she never talked to me about my heart. I said really then how do i know youve had heart issues and a stroke. Honey not my first rodeo. I could perform my own fusion if it were physically possible. Dr Sweeney couldn't believe what I knew. If I didnt have the faith in this man I would of run so fast. They even screwed my moms paperwork and lost her films. Complete incompetence in his staff.

September 17th, 2013
Microdiscectomy Surgery Gone Bad
Dr. Sweeney performed an unsuccessful microdiscectormy surgery that had to be re-done by another surgeon. Word around town is that this happens often with Dr. Sweeneys' surgeries.

January 6th, 2012
Tommy Thompson
I have had Dr. Sweeney working on my back since 1998 (Operated on 1 disc) and again in 2010 for 5. Not only a great surgeon, it's great to walk again without fear of falling down, but actually cares about you. All of his staff are great people. To Dr.Sweeney, Donna, and the rest of the staff thank you for everything you have done for me and I tell anyone who asks who go to. Thank you all.

February 11th, 2011
Wonderful Doctor, I would highly recommend him.

April 12th, 2010
Dr. Sweeney was very caring and performed excellent surgery on my spine.

March 22nd, 2009
Excellent Care
My experience with Dr. Sweeney and his staff could not have been better. The surgery went perfectly. The office was helpful in putting together a payment plan.