Dr. Thomas Manning MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 16th, 2016
My surgery was successful. Every Dr. and RN I asked, recommended Dr.Manning based on personal experiences. His skills as a surgeon were as promised. Outcome is my first and only concern so a kind and smart staff was a bonus. Treasure Valley Hospital is a wonderful facility.

June 10th, 2016
Clearly the smartest doctor in the room and excellent surgeon. I didn't need my hand held or warm cuddly doctor but needs a talented surgeon. I am now out of pain and back to my normal life, he fixed me and that was all I cared about. Take a book, you may have some waiting time.

June 3rd, 2016
I/O Self employeed
I actually got in very quickly to speak with Manning. I had my first surgery 12 years ago and have been living with chronic pain ever since, and have NOT been on any pain meds other then Excedrin or Advil. After seeing Manning and speaking about improving my quality of life I decided to have it fused. He truly is an amazing surgeon but he and his staff do not listen to anything you say. Unfortunately for me I had to go back to work within weeks of having my lower back fused or risk losing everything I have. At 8 weeks I was released to start rehab but they cut the medication to the point that it was impossible to do. Even after explaining to his PA that I could not afford to take as much time off as needed but absolutely agreed to cut the doses to what they wanted me to after 2 weeks of rehab they turned around and cut them even more. They fail to communicate and do not listen to anything you say and even though they agree during your conversations with them, they will turn around and do what something else. My only hope is that I'am able to push through the pain and get through the next couple of months of healing so that I can try and get back to a normal life.

October 10th, 2015
after 1.5 years initial problem not improved and new neck problems/pain chronic

September 3rd, 2015
Awesome surgeon
you probably willl wait a number of weeks for an appointment and then quite a while in the waiting room. However, none of that matters to me if I trust the physician . Dr. Manning saved my mother from becoming a quadrapalegic. (No California doctor had ordered an MRI to see why she coudn't walk anymore!) Dr. Manning also did a laminectomy on my back and recovery has gone very well. I have been trteated with compassion and knowledge by the entire staff. There are a number of good surgeons in Boise;Dr. Manning is one of the very, very best!

November 19th, 2014
Dr Manning is a great surgeon, very professional, and did a great job on my neck fusion surgery. BUT, his staff are very rude, impossible to get a hold of, and impossible to make an appt for follow-ups, very frustrating, all you get if voice mails for a week or more.

August 22nd, 2013
Magic
After my surgery I had no leg pain, I was out of the hosptial in 3 days ! I am greatful for Dr. Manning and his staff for all the help!

August 2nd, 2013
Smart doctor but never go in on Fridays. For a two hour wait he saw me for a total of 8 minutes. Does not have good people skills and did not smile. Maybe a great surgeon but ruff bed side manner and terrible wait times.

November 13th, 2012
Awesome Neuro Surgeon
Dr. Manning is an amazing Neuro Surgeon. My husband was diagnosed with a meningioma the size of a softball. Dr. Manning scheduled for surgery right away and removed the tumor. Dr. Manning is very professional, the only drawback is the wait in his office :o( It wouldn't be so bad if the office staff would atleast come tell you that he has been delayed and let you out of the little room and back out into the waiting room. That is the only frustrating part. Other than that I highly recommend and have recommended Dr. Manning.

October 19th, 2012
Dr. Manning is very considerate and thorough.

August 13th, 2012
Surgery Results
None of the questions above address the issue of how well he helped solve the patient's problem! Due to age, I had some lower back nerve pinching. I required disc fusion and relief of the nerve pinching. The surgery worked as advertised. I was swimming in 1 mo and swimming 1 mi 3x/wk doing flip turns in 3 mos. Dr. Manning did a wonderful job! Who cares how amiable he is? Actually, we had some extended technical discussions that I was very happy with.

July 21st, 2012
Doctor is smart, but mean spirited and his staff is terrible
Dr. Manning is smart and to the point and doesnt speaks in an understandable and detailed manner. But, his office staff screws things up (insurance approvals) and then denies responsibility and you are left on your own to get things done. I decided because of this to go to another surgeon and Dr. Manning then called my other docs (the referring ones) and tore them a new one because of that- very unprofessional!!