Dr. B Mazahery MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 5th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
I had experienced severe back pain for over a year. I received several steroid shots in the spine with no easing of the pain. At my first visit with Dr. Mazahery , he looked at my x-ray, & correctly diagnosed my problem! He said he completely understood why nothing had eased my pain - it was because there was a break in my spine! We were able to schedule surgery that day. The surgery was immediately sucessful & I've had zero pain since!!!

June 21st, 2016
very professional, courteous visit.

September 14th, 2015
I trust Dr. Mazahery
Once Dr. Mazahery and I decided spinal surgery was needed the process was easy. He answered all my questions and concerns. He explained everything in a way I could understand. I have medical training but wanted to know the nitty gritty. He was happy to share his knowledge. I am about to have my third major back surgery as I have a lot of problems and I am sticking with him. I trust Dr. Mazahery and know he keeps up with all the latest scientific information in his field. I have recommended him to many friends and clients and would send my own mother if she needed such services. He has operated on both my neck (three fusions) and my low back ( will be two fusions soon). All operations went smoothly. I trust him completely.

March 20th, 2015
great surgeon
Had laminectomy and TLIF for L3 and L4. Within two weeks my pain was gone and I am up and moving. He is a very competent doctor. All the years I had back pain and leg pain my previous doctors said I had to lose weight. So I did and the pain didn't supside. Dr. Mazahery was the only doctor who listened to me and actually did and MRI.

October 3rd, 2013
hurting
He is rude and he hurt me. He is a horrible doc!

April 8th, 2013
Dr. Mazahery Is Exceptional
Dr. Mazahery is AMAZING. I have had multiple health issues bothering me for seven months, in addition to my lower back problem, and have seen six other doctors/specialists to figure out what is going on. Dr. Mazahery is the only doctor who started to connect the dots and looked at my conditions from a wide angle lens rather than through tunnel vision. He is very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and explains medical terminology in layman's terms. For the first time, I felt like someone not only understood me but also genuinely cared about my well-being. THANK YOU!

November 6th, 2012
I wish I could give Dr. Mazahey a better rating, but I just don't have this feeling that he cares about me as a patient very much.

June 25th, 2012
Excellent Surgeon!
I believe Dr. Mazahery to be an excellent surgeon, caring and compassionate with an excellent bedside manner. I never experienced the other issues with the doctor like the others stated. I will agree the front office staff could use training in tact. The only time I had to wait longer than normal was when a surgery went longer then expected. I don't fault him for that as these things happen. I know because my emergency surgery caused him to run late starting in the clinic. These things happen. But he is a human and not a god with all the answers but in my opinion, I wouldn't trust my spine to anyone else!

June 2nd, 2012
Highly recommended
Dr. Mazahery was great. Unfortunately for me, surgery was not a good option for my spinal condition... but I found him to be caring, empathetic and kind. I am also glad he took the time to explain to me WHY surgery would not really help me... without his honesty, I would have probably undergone a procedure that could have made me worse in the long run. I am thankful that I consulted with him for a second opinion before going under the knife (which is what the first surgeon I saw wanted to do.) Today I run, swim, and bike and my back is doing well. If I'd undergone a fusion, my running days would have most likely been over. Dr. M knows his stuff.

July 22nd, 2011
Excellent surgeon!
I say this without having had surgery prior to meeting Dr Mazahery. After he diagnosed my problem, I went for a second and third opinion. I was told by one of those surgeons that I would be in good hands with Dr. Mazahery.He performed the cervical discectomy and when I woke up, the excruatiating pain I had suffered with for several months was gone. I feel fully recovered after 8 months. I was somewhat nervous, but Dr. Mazahery put me at ease. I trust him fully and I'd recommend him to anyone needing back or neck surgery

February 20th, 2011
On the Mend
Referred to Dr. Mazahery by a pain management specialist because of disc herniation. Suffering from really horrible sciatica--couldn't drive, work normally, sneeze, etc. If you've had this, you'll know what I mean. I was pretty much functioning at less than 50%, with extreme pain. I'm two weeks out from a microdiscectomy feeling almost as good as new and continuing to improve. Mazahery was efficient but friendly. None of the weird, not-making-eye contact thing that some medical professionals seem to do. He explained my options and I didn't feel like I was being pushed into choosing surgery. But I'm glad I did. Recovery has been quick, as promised and I feel basically back to normal. Support staff was fine and follow-up seemed reasonable.Thanks for the good work Dr. Mazahery!

February 4th, 2011
F.O, 39 year old Financial Analyst who had Laminectomy( lower back surgery)
Dear Dr. Thomas Mazahery, my orthopedic surgeon Dr. Mazahery, I just want to thank you for your silver sterling services. You did a great job in planning all my referrals for treatment to others medical services before the final decision for surgery (consultation, Pre-op and post -op). I appreciate the informed decision for the surgery and I am happy with the outcome. Your work was highly professional, went without problems and my recovery was a breeze. I am thrilled with my health and I am much happier. It is truly amazing and I have to express my recognition and joy loudly: thank you!!!! . I will not hesitate to recommend you to anyone in need of spine doctor. As I write, I remember that I couldnt walk, sit, stand or even lie flat without excruciating pain. Now I am free of this nightmare I feel like born again. Now I am doing a lot of thing couldnt do before; I have my life back! I absolutely love the treatment results and wish others patient will benefit from your magical touch.I told to relatives, colleagues and friends about the wonderful and positive experience I had being your patient. I have already recommended you an encourage others to recommend you, Dr. Mazahery that I am please to call my doctor, to whom ever is in need of spine related pain relief. You truly have a gift for helping people feel better. You are the best! I take this opportunity to compliment Commonwealth staff for a great team job.Best regards