Dr. Thomas Mccormack Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 8th, 2017
great listener...caring
Dr. Mc is a brilliant kind doctor.

September 2nd, 2015
Excellent in every way

June 22nd, 2014
frustrated
Not sure what is going on lately but I have had an extremely difficult time getting my monthly prescriptions. I continue to call and leave messages but get no response or get denied. My patience with the prescription person is getting thin. Tired of her rudeness when we do speak. Soooooooo frustrated

March 4th, 2014
Great, while you're in the room.
Okay, I want to preface this by saying I've had no problems with Dr. McCormack himself, at least DURING my appointments. The problem is that it's like everything we talk about in session goes right out the window as soon as I walk out. For instance, him telling me my next appointment will be shorter and cheaper since I'm uninsured? I show up and they tell me it'll be full price - and then watch as I nearly break down into tears in front of the waiting room (because they decide it'll be best to discuss my financial situation in front of all other patients), refuse to so much as ask him if he had documented our conversation anywhere as I couldn't afford the full fee (which, like I said, we had talked about previously), and then when I asked if I could just reschedule for a shorter appointment, telling me I'd have to pay the $95ish cancellation fee. For a mistake that wasn't my fault, mind you. Then, him telling me he'll be happy to increase the dosage on my depression med when I'm ready since I wanted to try on the smaller dose for awhile longer - and saying to call if I wanted to do so because an immediate appointment wouldn't be necessary for that since we'd talked about it. Well, I have been trying to get in touch with someone for 2+ weeks about this. What a joke, It's nearly impossible to speak with an actual person from his office and when you do they're extremely unhelpful. I just had to fill a 30 day prescription of my current dose after 5 unsuccessful attempts over 2 weeks to have someone authorize the increase that HE ALREADY TOLD ME HE WOULD DO. Half of those attempts haven't received so much as a call back. Like I said, he's great while you're in the room. But once you walk out, you better hope you have everything you need until the next time because unless you're handing over a few hundred bucks to see him in person, you're not getting anything.

May 19th, 2013
disappointed
I have never had such a hard time speaking to the billing person! I left sev eral messages, my calls were never returnd. Iwas finally ableto speak with areceptionist who was helpful butmy problem was not answered fully addressed.

October 17th, 2012
Wonderful doctor
Dr. McCormack is the most amazing doctor I've ever met. I always knew I was fortunate to be his patient, but I didn't realize how fortunate until I recently moved to another state and had to find a new doctor. No one compares to Dr. McCormack. he is friendly, caring, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable. He always treated me with respect and decency and never "talked down" to me. Some noted that he is a Christian. I should tell you that in my nearly 7 years seeing him, religion and faith never came up. He doesn't force his beliefs on anyone. Dr McCormack always cared enough to ask questions about my life. He wanted to know how my relationships were, my family, my education, and my employment. He is a sincere, genuine man, and I highly recommend him to anyone. His care and service truly has changed my life. P.S. Susie is one of the receptionists in the office, and she is awesome. While the office staff are extremely busy, Susie is also very caring and kind. She has helped me out many times. Be kind to her, and she will go out of her way to help you!

January 28th, 2012
Compassionate, real, unpretentious, man of God
Dr. Mack is not only a smart gentleman, but he puts me at ease, which is hard to do. He cares for me as a person and has shown me my worth to others, but most importantly, to God. While he will not beat religion down your throat, I am impressed by the depth of his convictions and the degree of wisdom he possesses. He has both cried with me & rejoiced in my seemingly small triumphs. He is such a genuine person that I leave his office edified each time. His training & education are impressive, but it is his humanity that sets him apart. I've never had another doctor who would pray with me, and when he does it is powerful because it is clear to me that we are in God's presence & that He is listening to one who knows Him intimately. I am thankful for Dr. McCormack's presence in my life.

February 28th, 2011
Stand-apart Excellence
Dr. McCormack is an exceptional physician and one of the most caring, considerate, helpful doctors I've ever been to, inclusively (of literally any MD I've been to)! He really knows his stuff and he has exceptional professional ethics... I didn't even know he was such a devout Christian, even after many times of seeing him, until after I started discussing much more about my own faith and opening up the discussion to that more. He takes more time than most psychiatrists from what I understand, and I've always felt comfortable. I'm a grown woman and I've felt from the start that I could talk to him about anything. He just provides that comfortable, kind, and open environment. It's too bad he can't be cloned for everyone! :)

October 30th, 2009
Final Decision
I received a bipolar diagnosis 10 years ago. Dr. McCormack is the third psychiatrist I've seen and I have no intention of seeing any other. Yes, he certainly does live up to his reputation. He's friendly and caring, manages to have a sense of humor when I come in completely gloomy, is more knowledgeable than any other doctor I've ever seen, and has always gone out of his way to try to make me as comfortable in my own skin as possible (which isn't always easy for me.) Another person mentioned him being a devout Christian. If that helps you in your therapy, great. If you aren't a Christian, don't let it deter you that he is. I practice another faith and, while he knows what I believe, he's has never felt the need to tell me his beliefs, nor should he. Good profession ethics!

October 9th, 2009
Thorough,caring,compassionate. My experience was wonderful, and Dr. McCormack definitely deserves his reputation as the best psychiatrist in NE Georgia! One of the rare psychiatrists who is a devout follower of Jesus Christ.

June 23rd, 2017