Dr. Thomas Mcdonough MD Patient Reviews

3.3

November 21st, 2015
Excellent doc
Dr. McDonough performed shoulder surgery on my about a year ago. The recovery was extremely fast and almost pain free. The pain I was constantly having in my shoulder is completely gone and I can't even see the incisions from the surgery. I don't hesitate to recommend him.

October 7th, 2012
No Bedside Manner
Dr. McDonough did surgery on my knee (arthoscopic for a torn meniscus) about 2 years ago. My knee has never been the same since. He didn't consult with me immediately after the surgery and never called to see how I was doing. I had to call the office to see if there would be any follow-up. Would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He has no patient to doctor manners at all. Showed no concern what so ever.

November 10th, 2011
Poor rating
Not sure if I slipped through the cracks or what but the receptionist was not friendly and the Dr wasn't either. He was short, didn't look directly at me - assumed since I was 50 pounds overweight that I just needed to lose the weight and my arthritis in the knee would go away. I went to another ortho who took more time, said I had a torn meniscus and pretty moderate arthritis in just one knee..This dr McDonough was supposed to call me in 2 weeks when they got some sort of gel shot i could take in series of 3. I have waited over a month with nothing. This Dr appointment was awful from the start and never got better. Wouldn't suggest anyone here.

February 26th, 2011
I would recommend to a friend or family.

February 23rd, 2011
disappointing
I first saw Dr. McDonough in 1995 for right knee surgery. I was completely satisfied so when I needed left knee surgery in 2010 I was expecting the same treatment. It was a completely different and disappointing experience. Dr. McDonough spent no more than 10 minutes total with me over 2 visits, (one prior to surgery and one after surgery). He is a partner at Crowne Point Surgery Center and the surgery support staff is terrible. I was treated like a product on an assembly line. After surgery I was left to dress myself and was rushed out of the facility with very little time to recover. Dr. McDonough showed no compassion or concern even after I wrote him a personal letter about my experience. Perhaps he is a good surgeon but that is all he brings to the table. Don't expect much from him.

November 29th, 2010
I saw Dr McDonough for problems with both my knees. He scheduled MRIs, consulted and corrected both knees with arthroscopic surgery. First the left, then several weeks later the right. The results have thus far been outstanding.

October 28th, 2010
I went to Dr McDonough with a problem with my knee. The diagnosis was accurate. I had arthroscopic surgery and completely recovered in a few weeks.

November 18th, 2009
I saw Dr. Mcdonough for about 5 total in the two visits to his office. I realize I didn't need surgery but his curtness made me too nervous to answer any questions about what's next.