Dr. Thomas Mcgahan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Mcgahan?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Mcgahan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2015

I have had three colonoscopies with Dr. McGahon. I told him that I did not want a lot of medication. He gave me just enough so I was able to watch on the monitor. He took his time and looked in all the folds of the colon. I went shopping afterwards. I have had three and no problems with gas; or pain. He explained the prep process and afterwards gave me overview. Followed up with biospy results.

February 8th, 2015

He should have stuck with research

This MD is obviously intelligent, but is better suited for the lab than working with patients. He seriously lacks patient communication skills (primarily listening skills which are absolutely vital to reaching an accurate diagnosis). He prefers to run a series of highly invasive tests, much of which I would question is unnecessary. I have never written a negative review, however, I would have a difficult time referring this doc to anyone I know.

September 7th, 2013

I found Thomas McGahan to be arrogant and rude. He did nothing to help my condition and did not seem to care. I do not recommend this physician.

April 14th, 2011

Dr. McGahan is very professional and courteous. He is willing to spend the time it takes to explain the condition and treatment options. He is thorough and very competent. I have had 2 procedures with him and have been pleased. I had come to him with a high anxiety level related to a previous horrible experience with another gastroenterolgist. He was understading and went the extra mile to accomodate my fears. I would certainly recommend him as a physician

July 8th, 2010

Who gave him PHD?

This doctor is terrible & he doesn't care for patient.He just look for charge more money from patient to his pocket.He could not diagnosing even for small problem.Don't trust him,I am sorry that waist my time to visiting him twice:)He or his staff even didn't return my call & giving me answer about my result.He have to go find other job if he looking put more money in his pocket not do colon....scop...i for everyone,Don't go to this irresponsible & uncaring person,Who gave him PHD?

May 15th, 2010

ran tests but no treatment

He performed several invasive tests, got results, but DID NOT order any treatment. 3 months, weak and 20+ pounds later, I changed to another GI doctor and was given medicine that made me well!

June 7th, 2009

I saw Dr. McGahan for the first time in 1996. I'd been to six other G.I. specialists prior to my appoint with Dr. McGahan; none of them had been able (or very willing) to find out what was wrong with me. Dr. McGahan exhibited a very caring bedside manner, and in my opinion, went above and beyond the lengths most doctors will go to in order to get a diagnosis. Although my tests had all come back negative, and my own patience was wearing thin, Dr. McGahan didn't give up. In our 4th round of testing, Dr. McGahan - on a hunch - found that I had Celiac Sprue. Upon diagnosis, Doctor McGahan and his nursing staff contacted me after hours on his personal time to explain and discuss my illness, treatment, and prognosis. His nurse came to my home with Ensure Supplement drinks for me. I was so very sick at that time, and the lengths they went to to help me really showed me that Dr. McGahan is a very compassionate man who takes pride in helping his patients get better. The other six G.I.'s I'd been to all wrote my symptoms off as "IBS", even though I weighed 89 lbs., was having heart palpitations, skin blistering, among many other serious symptoms. Had it not been for Dr. McGahan, I doubt I'd be alive now. Dr., if you happen to read this, thank you again for all your help and for, I believe, saving my life.

April 29th, 2008

Caring doctor

He spends time with you and explains things so that you can understand what he is treating and how he approaches the treatment. He doesn't leave you in the dark.

March 15th, 2017