Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by Judy's Book.
Aug 28th, 2015

Bad bedside manner not good results. Had to have revisions done still not happy

Aug 18th, 2015

This doctor is very unprofessional and takes the easy way out. In my first consultation McKim told me my breasts were measuring the same size and that it was rare because usually one breast is naturally larger than the other. I told him that was strange because my whole life I always had my right breast larger than the left. He also assured me I would not have what's termed as "double bubble" when I told him another consultation I had that doctor told me I would need a lift and implants because of the way my tissue and breasts were naturally shaped. Well, sure enough at the post surgery first check up my right breast was noticeably larger than the left. I also had "double bubble" which is when you view my breasts from the side profile it you can see my breast sitting on top of the implant. My surgery wasn't even 2 weeks old and these two issues STUCK OUT. McKim came into the room and looked at my breasts for literally a second and then stood at the door with his hand on the door handle as if he was completely disinterested in what I had to say or me as his patient. He was more in a hurry to get out the door. Standing at the door McKim told me I had to wait at least 6 months for the swelling to go down and that my breasts would be uneven as they healed. Okay fine. In 6 months I called back, and was told NO I had to wait at least another year for the swelling to go down completely. Well that's simply not true. It's now been less than 5 years and I still have double bubble and one breast has always been noticeably larger than the other. Today I woke up from sleep to find my right breast has ruptured. They are not even 5 years old. I don't even know what happened. I went to bed and they were fine and when I woke up I noticed it. The reception told me I would have to front the money for the entire surgery to fix it and I would only be reimbursed back for the implant 6 to 8 weeks after. Is this a joke? McKim showed me he took zero care in placing my implants correctly, nor did he care in measuring my breast size from the beginning. I remember he tried to convince me to purchase a gel implant, to which I said no and he tried to convince me to go bigger, to which I also said no. They told me after my surgery they would take after photos, they never did. No one EVER contacted me from the day I walked out from my post surgery check up. I believe McKim is in this for the money and does not care about the patient. I am wholly disappointed in my entire experience.

Displeased with BOTH Dr McKim and Breast Augmentation show details Displeased with BOTH Dr McKim and Breast Augmentation
Jul 28th, 2015

It has been nine years since my breast augmentation with Dr McKim in Boise. I should have written this review a long time ago, but I was young and naive when I got the implants, so I had no basis for comparison to understand how horrible my experience was. First of all, his bedside manner is horrible. I was very unimpressed with Dr McKim's lack of professionalism, and his flippant and often abrasive behavior. He was rude to me and very abrasive to his staff. He was not gentle in his initial exam, and part way through the exam he actually left the exam room, while I was sitting there with MY BREASTS COMPLETELY EXPOSED, and he seriously left the door completely open. For close to 5 minutes. Seriously, his staff was walking by the open door the entire time he was gone, and I was sitting there half naked and confused. The experience seemed so cold and impersonal, with no comparison, but I assumed it was just "the way breast implants go". Next, my breasts were way too far apart. I had told him that my only request was that I didn't want to have major cleavage all the time, so he took the liberty of putting my breasts as far apart as possible. I felt like you could park a bus between them. In the follow up exam I voiced my disappointment and his attitude was completely uncaring and defensive. He said, "well, that's what you asked for". I said, "What? NO, that is not what I asked for. I just didn't want them touching all the time. This is way too far apart." I asked if they could be adjusted and he said, "it won't do any good, I just work with your body, and that's just how your body is made." NOT TRUE! my breasts were awesome before I had kids and they were very normally spaced. Then as a way to buy himself time, Dr. McKim said my breasts would eventually "relax" and look natural over time. But obviously they only will relax vertically with gravity, not grow together horizontally. They never did look natural or appropriately spaced. I certainly never felt sexy with them--They were embarrassing. Nine years later, I can honestly say that, even when pushing my breast together, they STILL can not touch each other. At all. They are ridiculously spaced, sticking out past the sides of my body with a boob-sized gap between them. And they have never felt natural--- always felt like I had hard plastic inside my boobs. Dr McKim is in his job to make money and not to make fans. He DID NOT CARE that this is my body and I have to live with he results.

Mar 17th, 2015

I found Dr McKim to be very rude,Jabbed the injection needle forcefully in my face very painful, he said that is what I got for being a smoker.

Eyes ruined by Fraxel restore treatment done by Sandra show details Eyes ruined by Fraxel restore treatment done by Sandra
Jan 24th, 2015

I recently had fraxel restore done under my eyes done by Sandra. I suffered severe fat loss within a week of the treatment. The fat is gone from below the tear troughs clear up to the lower eyelashes and across my temples. My eyebrows pulled way up into my forehead from how severely the skin was tightened in the temples. The oil glands shut down in the lower lid causing severe dry eye and irritation. The eyelid has very little support due to the fat loss and my eyelashes hang down like an old woman. My undereye skin is crepy and very wrinkled. I am 51 and Sandra aged me 10 years in 5 minutes. Dr. Mckim was horrible to me. Yelling and denying anything was wrong and even making off color comments like "this is how 50 yr olds are supposed to look" and "most women don't want fat under their eye so there you go". Sandra acknowledged something went terribly wrong, but tried to claim I was an anomoly and she wasn't responsible. She even brought the waiver I signed in the room to try to emphasize again and again that I couldn't touch them. It's been four months since this disaster and its been a nightmare. It took 2 months to get my oil glands working again, but am still having issues with my eyes not shutting at night. I am on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds and am seeing a counselor to deal with the trauma from how much my appearance changed and dealing with the eye irritation and pain. I fortunately have found an amazing RN who specializes in injectables and has done a wonderful job with fillers and botox to allow me to look "normal" again, but I will never look as young as I did or like me again, the damage is so bad, and I will have to deal with this and have fillers for the rest of my life. Dr. Mckim's staff changes constantly. Although the girls are all very kind, I believe Sandra and the staff are under trained and not knowledgable enough of the fraxel equipment. I have had fraxel many times before, although never under the eye, and have never been harmed. If you are considering fraxel, this is not the place to go. You are not safe! If something does go wrong, Dr. Mckim does not show any character or compassion or really any humanity at all. This alone makes him a poor choice for any procedure.

Jan 17th, 2015

I saw Dr. McKim for cosmetic surgery. He was very skillful and attentive. My results were very positive.

Thank you! show details Thank you!
by Karol Anderson on Jul 30th, 2014

My experience was very positive. I adored the staff at the office, Sandra, and Beth inpaticular. Dr. Mc Kim did a great job with my procedure. The only regret I have now, is I wish I had gone a little bigger with my implant size. It's been 4 months post op, and I think the work Dr. McKim did was great, based on what I shared with him, and his nurses as to what I wanted, It's a beautiful office, with nurses who are just as beautiful. Thank you Dr. McKim for making me feel beautiful, and sexy again. I share with ALL my friends, how awesome you, and your staff are, and my great experience at your office. Thank you once again for everything!

Extremely Disappointed show details Extremely Disappointed
by Carolyn V. on Aug 26th, 2013

I had a facelift by Dr. McKim two years ago, which was very expensive, and am not happy with the results at all. Six months after my surgery I complained to him that my cheeks were drooping and causing deep nasal labial folds. I asked him why that was and he was evasive in answering my question but went on to suggest the I have Radiesse injected in those areas so I had that done to the tune of $850 without any results. I shouldn't have had to have fillers injected into my face six months after a facelift!! The skin under my neck started drooping badly after nine months and when I complained about that he stated he would fix it for "free" if I had another surgery. Why wasn't it done right the first time????? I thought I had done my homework in picking a surgeon who had all the right credentials and experience. I wish I would have checked him out a little further. He spends as little time with you as he can - he is in and out of the room in a flash. That should have raised a red flag. BEWARE, this is not the doctor you want to choose if you expect good results. I don't think he really cares about his patients, just about their money. If he did, he would spend more than five minutes with them and would take the time to do his surgeries correctly.. No wonder his staff keeps changing. I now need to have another facelift to fix what should have been done the first time. I wasted a lot of money in that office. I did find an excellent plastic surgeon who spends an hour in consultation with you with NO CHARGE!!! You can come back again if you have more questions with NO CHARGE!!! All I can say is if you are considering any type of surgery or procedure, choose ANYONE but this doctor - he needs to retire!

Sad show details Sad
by me on Jun 26th, 2013

This DR has caused me so much pain,he did Rinoplasty on me 3 times which now i have to have reconstruction surgery on my nose.He did a Breast Augumentation as well were now i have to have the implants taken out for 3months and have drains put in then have breast reconstuctive surgery.He did Smart Lipo under my chin which now i have a skin flap hanging.This DR will butcher you stay away from him,see DR Sorensen or DR Mistry they are fixing the mess this DR has caused me,they are what surgeons should be.

by val pelletier on Apr 29th, 2013

my breast augmentation was ok. i had one implant capsulate. had a 2nd surgery which is the norm. what isnt is thomas mckims attutide. what attitude? he's rude, standofffish, not interested in ur own input abt ur own intuition of ur own body. i do not recommend this doctor at all.

I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!!! show details I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!!!
Apr 26th, 2013

Please do your research. I wish I would have. I was treated very poorly. His staff was great though. He made you feel stupid and showed no bed side matter at all!! I had a breast augmentation and I had to have them re-done two times. He wouldn't listen to how I was feeling or what I wanted. I didn't ask for textured implants so the first go around they looked horrible and your could see so many ripples. I don't have much breast tissue and told him that several times. He re-did them and after three months my right one dropped. SO horrible. I had to go back for another surgery to put it back in place. My scar is so ugly and my implant still doesn't lay right so you can see my scar very visibly. I would recommend Dr. Kramer. I wish I would of went to him. Most of my friends went to him and they all turned out great and they are all happy with the results. Dr. Sorenson is another fantastic one. Save yourself some pain and choose someone else. I sure wish I did.

nose ruined show details nose ruined
by depressed. on Apr 14th, 2013

be careful if you get a rhinoplasty. I did and had my septi muscle released without my consent.(it is not even in the post operative report) I now have a horribly aged face, a horizontal line below my nose (monkey lip) and have been depressed for many years. I am afraid to go back because I don't want any more damage. I would do anything to have not had this surgery.

Jul 29th, 2012

Acts like he just wants your money, not helping me with my concerns

Jun 3rd, 2011

Recently saw McKim for advice, was treated rudely and was told my complaints and pain from a previous surgery by another surgeon were not believable and pretty much was called a liar.. I have since found a good and compassionate surgeon whom has identified the cause of pain..I would not waste my time with Mckim....June 2011

WARNING...YOUR A DOLLAR SIGN show details WARNING...YOUR A DOLLAR SIGN
May 22nd, 2011

i WENT TO THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR...staff morelike sales people than nurses. uNSKILLED STAFF CAUSED ME TO HAVE INJECTIONS DONE INCORRECTLY. VERY BAD RESULTS. AS FOR McKim,,he did not care,was rude, poor attitude, poor follow up. I would NOT go to this Doctor ever and pass him By.

Dec 9th, 2010

I went to McKim for a consultation and he was extremley rude! His fees are double what you would pay if you traveled 5 hours away. I would never let Dr. McKim touch my body. He needs to learn about compassion and bedside manners.

great surgeon show details great surgeon
Aug 17th, 2010

Dr McKim is a great surgeon, he did my breast reduction and I'm thrilled with it. If you want a doctor that is going to be all warm & fuzzy and make you fel like your his top priority, he isn't for you. I spent very little time with him (outside the surgery) and spent far more time with his staff. He is a very pleasant person in the little time I spent with him, and he took the time to answer all the questions I had. His staff is excellent, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who just wants a fine surgeon.

would never recommend show details would never recommend
Feb 18th, 2010

Before I had Breast Augmentation/Mastoplexy, I "thought" I did my "HOMEWORK" researching for a Surgeon that would have a Professional reputation. I even checked him out with the BBB to make sure he is reputable only to find out a billing complaint. My breasts are so ugly and scarred that I would NEVER recommend him. I even had to go back and have an implant replaced because the first surgery he punctured it and I was leaking silicone!!! Now my breast are hanging pretty much where they were before I ever had the surgery!!! I could have spent $10,000.00 elsewhere

Beware show details Beware
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Nov 18th, 2009 on judysbook.com

I had botox injected without doctor supervision, caused droopy and immobilized brow looked hideous for 8 months skip this torture.

Beware show details Beware
by Guest G. at Judy`s Book on Nov 17th, 2009 on judysbook.com

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
Boise Idaho Plastic Surgery Dr. Thomas McKim MD show details Boise Idaho Plastic Surgery Dr. Thomas McKim MD
by kathleen c. at Judy`sBook on Jul 27th, 2009 on judysbook.com

Dr Thomas D. McKim, Plastic Surgeon, providing services in cosmetic surgery to the Community of Boise, Idaho. Call Dr. Thomas McKim, for tummy tucks, breast enhancement, face lift surgery, and Day Spa Services based in Idaho.

by kathleen c. at Judy`s Book on Jul 26th, 2009 on judysbook.com