Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by Judy's Book.
 |  Thank you!  |  show details
by Karol Anderson on Jul 30th, 2014

My experience was very positive. I adored the staff at the office, Sandra, and Beth inpaticular. Dr. Mc Kim did a great job with my procedure. The only regret I have now, is I wish I had gone a little bigger with my implant size. It's been 4 months post op, and I think the work Dr. McKim did was great, based on what I shared with him, and his nurses as to what I wanted, It's a beautiful office, with nurses who are just as beautiful. Thank you Dr. McKim for making me feel beautiful, and sexy again. I share with ALL my friends, how awesome you, and your staff are, and my great experience at your office. Thank you once again for everything!

|  Extremely Disappointed  |  show details
by Carolyn V. on Aug 26th, 2013

I had a facelift by Dr. McKim two years ago, which was very expensive, and am not happy with the results at all. Six months after my surgery I complained to him that my cheeks were drooping and causing deep nasal labial folds. I asked him why that was and he was evasive in answering my question but went on to suggest the I have Radiesse injected in those areas so I had that done to the tune of $850 without any results. I shouldn't have had to have fillers injected into my face six months after a facelift!! The skin under my neck started drooping badly after nine months and when I complained about that he stated he would fix it for "free" if I had another surgery. Why wasn't it done right the first time????? I thought I had done my homework in picking a surgeon who had all the right credentials and experience. I wish I would have checked him out a little further. He spends as little time with you as he can - he is in and out of the room in a flash. That should have raised a red flag. BEWARE, this is not the doctor you want to choose if you expect good results. I don't think he really cares about his patients, just about their money. If he did, he would spend more than five minutes with them and would take the time to do his surgeries correctly.. No wonder his staff keeps changing. I now need to have another facelift to fix what should have been done the first time. I wasted a lot of money in that office. I did find an excellent plastic surgeon who spends an hour in consultation with you with NO CHARGE!!! You can come back again if you have more questions with NO CHARGE!!! All I can say is if you are considering any type of surgery or procedure, choose ANYONE but this doctor - he needs to retire!

|  Sad  |  show details
by me on Jun 26th, 2013

This DR has caused me so much pain,he did Rinoplasty on me 3 times which now i have to have reconstruction surgery on my nose.He did a Breast Augumentation as well were now i have to have the implants taken out for 3months and have drains put in then have breast reconstuctive surgery.He did Smart Lipo under my chin which now i have a skin flap hanging.This DR will butcher you stay away from him,see DR Sorensen or DR Mistry they are fixing the mess this DR has caused me,they are what surgeons should be.

by val pelletier on Apr 29th, 2013

my breast augmentation was ok. i had one implant capsulate. had a 2nd surgery which is the norm. what isnt is thomas mckims attutide. what attitude? he's rude, standofffish, not interested in ur own input abt ur own intuition of ur own body. i do not recommend this doctor at all.

|  I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!!!  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2013

Please do your research. I wish I would have. I was treated very poorly. His staff was great though. He made you feel stupid and showed no bed side matter at all!! I had a breast augmentation and I had to have them re-done two times. He wouldn't listen to how I was feeling or what I wanted. I didn't ask for textured implants so the first go around they looked horrible and your could see so many ripples. I don't have much breast tissue and told him that several times. He re-did them and after three months my right one dropped. SO horrible. I had to go back for another surgery to put it back in place. My scar is so ugly and my implant still doesn't lay right so you can see my scar very visibly. I would recommend Dr. Kramer. I wish I would of went to him. Most of my friends went to him and they all turned out great and they are all happy with the results. Dr. Sorenson is another fantastic one. Save yourself some pain and choose someone else. I sure wish I did.

|  nose ruined  |  show details
by depressed. on Apr 14th, 2013

be careful if you get a rhinoplasty. I did and had my septi muscle released without my consent.(it is not even in the post operative report) I now have a horribly aged face, a horizontal line below my nose (monkey lip) and have been depressed for many years. I am afraid to go back because I don't want any more damage. I would do anything to have not had this surgery.

Jul 29th, 2012

Acts like he just wants your money, not helping me with my concerns

Jun 3rd, 2011

Recently saw McKim for advice, was treated rudely and was told my complaints and pain from a previous surgery by another surgeon were not believable and pretty much was called a liar.. I have since found a good and compassionate surgeon whom has identified the cause of pain..I would not waste my time with Mckim....June 2011

|  WARNING...YOUR A DOLLAR SIGN  |  show details
May 22nd, 2011

i WENT TO THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR...staff morelike sales people than nurses. uNSKILLED STAFF CAUSED ME TO HAVE INJECTIONS DONE INCORRECTLY. VERY BAD RESULTS. AS FOR McKim,,he did not care,was rude, poor attitude, poor follow up. I would NOT go to this Doctor ever and pass him By.

Dec 9th, 2010

I went to McKim for a consultation and he was extremley rude! His fees are double what you would pay if you traveled 5 hours away. I would never let Dr. McKim touch my body. He needs to learn about compassion and bedside manners.

|  great surgeon  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2010

Dr McKim is a great surgeon, he did my breast reduction and I'm thrilled with it. If you want a doctor that is going to be all warm & fuzzy and make you fel like your his top priority, he isn't for you. I spent very little time with him (outside the surgery) and spent far more time with his staff. He is a very pleasant person in the little time I spent with him, and he took the time to answer all the questions I had. His staff is excellent, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who just wants a fine surgeon.

|  would never recommend  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2010

Before I had Breast Augmentation/Mastoplexy, I "thought" I did my "HOMEWORK" researching for a Surgeon that would have a Professional reputation. I even checked him out with the BBB to make sure he is reputable only to find out a billing complaint. My breasts are so ugly and scarred that I would NEVER recommend him. I even had to go back and have an implant replaced because the first surgery he punctured it and I was leaking silicone!!! Now my breast are hanging pretty much where they were before I ever had the surgery!!! I could have spent $10,000.00 elsewhere

|  Beware  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Nov 18th, 2009 on judysbook.com

I had botox injected without doctor supervision, caused droopy and immobilized brow looked hideous for 8 months skip this torture.

|  Beware  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`s Book on Nov 17th, 2009 on judysbook.com

|  Boise Idaho Plastic Surgery Dr. Thomas McKim MD  |  show details
by kathleen c. at Judy`sBook on Jul 27th, 2009 on judysbook.com

Dr Thomas D. McKim, Plastic Surgeon, providing services in cosmetic surgery to the Community of Boise, Idaho. Call Dr. Thomas McKim, for tummy tucks, breast enhancement, face lift surgery, and Day Spa Services based in Idaho.

|  Boise Idaho Plastic Surgery Dr. Thomas McKim MD  |  show details