Dr. Thomas Mead MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 7th, 2016
Forest/Mechanicsville office
Ive been a patient of dr mead's for going on 12 years now. He is absolutely the best in richmond. Compassionate is the perfect word to descibe him. I never knew there was a Compassionate doctors award, but it does not surprise me that he has earned it.

December 31st, 2015
Wonderful I highly recommend him anytime

August 11th, 2015
The only doctor that listened to me and helped me.

June 19th, 2015
Amazing experience with him and his staff. He's always on time and shows genuine concern for the well being of you and your child.

March 17th, 2015
Beware of Sneaky Billing Practices
I have never experienced a doctor's office like this. I recently went in for my first visit which was my annual exam. The doctor asked me general history questions and if I had any issues I wanted to discuss. Since the doctor didn't have my medical records from my previous doctor yet I mentioned my history of fibroids with my last pregnancy. I had no complaint that day, I simply told her about my history. This talk didn't seem odd to me until I received my EOB from my insurance. Because I answered the doctor's questions, I was now being charged a specialist fee of $50 because they billed for a completely separate office visit in addition to the annual exam. I was with the doctor for 15 minutes at most. How in the world is this ethical?? What should have been a free routine visit under my insurance was now costing me $50. How can you see a new doctor and not answer questions about your health history? This is the most absurd and underhanded action I have ever seen taken by a doctor's office. What I thought was a good visit has now turned me completely off from Dominion women's Health. Do not go here unless you have a perfect health history or you're okay with random charges being thrown at you without your knowledge.

September 25th, 2014
Dr. Mead is the best...
I have been a patient of Dr. Mead for the past 6 years. I ended up going to another practice for a few short weeks at the beginning of my 4th pregnancy due to a high insurance cost that Dr. Mead's office wanted up front, but was fast to return to his office and pay due to his professionalism and caring manner. Never have I felt rushed during an appointment nor have I felt pushed to the side by him or his nurses! All my questions and concerns have been answered and the nurses return calls promptly!

June 29th, 2014
Excellent
Dr.Mead has always been there for me. He is honest ,caring, and has always checked on my health. He is prompt to see you. His nurses are friendly and caring. The Rappahannock office would not be the same without him. The best doctor I've ever been to! Thank you

September 6th, 2013
Great Doctor
I understand the importance relating to our healthcare, I have been a patient of Dr. Mead for over 9 years; I highly recommend him. In each phase of my life he has been available (from being an older mom in pregnancy to a women growing older -smile) he is an awesome Doctor. I am sure you will find the same compassion and professionalism, I have received from Dr. Mead. Great Doctor!

July 15th, 2013
Not a great experience, even for an annual exam
I felt forced to undergo an unnecessary pap smear by Dr. Mead (it had not been three years, goes against guidelines, etc.) and his nurse told me that the test was still necessary because "I didn't know who I had been sleeping with." She should've gone ahead and added the "sl*t" to the end rather than settle for the insinuation. I actually DO know who I've been sleeping with, thanks, and should not have to feel ashamed for being sexually active. Not appropriate, I'm switching OB Gyns.

November 3rd, 2012
Great doctor
I highly recommend him. He was the only doctor who diagnosised endometrisos that I've been in pain with for 20 years. Other doctors told me it was all in my head. The surgery went really well. Dr. Mead is very caring, he listens and will answer your questions. I'm very glad I found him and will go to him if I need further surgery.

May 24th, 2012
DR MEAD
I HAD DR MEAD AS MY GYN DR IN WELLSVILLE NY. I WAS HIS FIRST PATIENT THAT HE DID A HYSTERECTOMY ON AND I WANT TO SAY THAT I WAS VERY IMPRESSED AND THAT HE DID AN AWESOME JOB. HE WAS THE BEST GYN DR I HAVE EVER HAD. I REALLY WISH HE WAS STILL HERE IN WELLSVILLE BUT IM GLAD TO SEE HE IS DOING SO WELL

May 20th, 2012
RUN, PLEASE!!!
This doctor told me I could continue taking a Class-D medication during my pregnancy that caused harm to my unborn child in only the 5 weeks he treated me! The nurse was very rude to not only me, but to my husband too. They are so unprofessional. They were talking about other paitents while they were looking at me. He did not do a complete exam on me either, missing something that was potentialy harmful to my unborn baby. The restroom in the back had urine on the floor. Dr. Mead only seems to 'care' about the mothers comfort, and has no reguard to the baby. He has lost 3 of his paitents that I know of because of his lack of bedside manner. RUN!