Dr. Thomas Mears Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Mears?

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 2 Ratings with 1 Comment

January 17th, 2014

Save your time & money

I went to see Thomas Mears last year for my first time out of convenience as he was also my mother's doctor after her heart surgery. We'd decided to try an Allina doctor since her surgery was with an Allina hospital and we wanted to keep the records aligned to avoid any confusion when it came to caregiving for her. My experience: I went initially made an appointment for a few things, to have a physical done, and I was experiencing some hair thinning in front of my hairline by my forehead. He then asked me how I knew my hair was thinning, I explained to him I could seek scalp in my rear-view mirror which I've never been able to do before. He then said "Are you always this vain?" , I felt that was extremely rude but tried to ignore it. When my test results came back, he didn't send me any recommendations, I had to go to MyChart and look for myself. Which I found I was iron deficient. I started taking an iron supplement. Follow up: He pretty much mocked my issues and didn't take them seriously. Asked me if I'd gotten the message that I was iron deficient and I told him I bought an iron supplement that I brought with me, he never bothered to look at the dosage or anything. Just brushed it off and said "yep that should be fine". I asked again about my hair, he said I needed to see a dermatologist in 6 months. Long story short I'm extremely vitamin D deficient is what the derm found that he didn't test for. Not to mention I asked him to check my hormones when I first saw him and she let me know that he never did. (they are both Alina) It is now a year later and I've lost 70% of my hair with no answers. Needless to say, I've started seeing new doctors. My mothers experience: initially she liked him after her first visit. Then she started to realize he would have her make numerous appoints for no reason to go sit in his office and watch him do paperwork and never examining her or investigating further problems. When it came time for my mother to have paperwork filled out for her FMLA and insurance company since she couldn't barely walk do to the medicine causing a 75lb weight gain that led to numerous other procedures for her back and hip, he accused her of insurance fraud and said she was fine to go back to work. Her cardiologist disagreed. Thomas Mears then filled out the paperwork in such chicken scratch our insurance agency and her job said they cousins even read it. It has been a long expensive waste of time with Thomas Mears and It's shameful that he can even wear that MD behind his name. If there is anyone committing insurance fraud, it's him. Making numerous follow up visits without following up and billing our insurance company! We both have new doctors now, but our medical issues wouldn't have gotten this bad had we recieved the proper care to begin with! It's heartbreaking.

January 28th, 2009