Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

2.5

by Kelly Ellis on Oct 19th, 2015

My son and I were hit by a woman talking on her cell phone while driving. My son suffered terrible spinal cord problem and spinal injuries. I begged Dr. Merriman to see my son. He refused because he was in a car accident. I told him we have great insurance and I would have my lawyer write a letter stating he would never be called for anything if he would just help my son. My son spent his 21st bday in bed suffering. I had to help him get off the toilet and have to watch him suffer everyday. I used to work in the OR with Dr Merriman and his father... when did paperwork become more important than patients. Most doctors in Amarillo will not see you if you have been injured in a car accident... whether it is your fault or not. My son had to suffer for 5 months without pain medicine or any hope for getting better at all. We finally found the Lubbock Spine Institute who is helping him and myself. Thank God for some REAL doctors that "do no harm"...hippocrates oath anyone?

Something Wrong here show details Something Wrong here
by Hurt Patient on May 13th, 2015

I was a patient when John Williamson was the doctor but since he left this establishment has deteriated to the point I would not recommend this pain management to my worst enemy. The staff are not well trained and I caught them in a mistake that could have caused severe damage to me or other patients. When I confronted them their excuse was, we were too busy. That is not acceptable when dealing with people! Doing no harm should be the first rule in care giving but this office seems to place it somewhere nearnear the bottom of rule book.

Mar 13th, 2015

Been to this office 6 times in the last 8 months and they still do not have my pain under control, I have 3 chronic pain diseases plus herniated discs (3) they told me to have my family Dr manage the chronic pain from chronic diseases, which makes no sense, they specialize in pain management!?!? Would not recommend this practice to any one! I can't comment on the Doctor because I've only seen the N.P. Ms. L. Adams, apparently you can't see the doctor at all unless you're receiving a procedure! Very unsatisfied patient!