Dr. Thomas Namey MD Patient Reviews

September 15th, 2016
Great doctor!
Took more time with me than anyother. Obviously book smart, but amazing clinical skiils. Looked at my tongue and diagnosed B12 deficiency. Looked at my neck and saw a white spot, and told me I might have a thyroid issue. I did, it was Hashimoto's Throiditis. And I was sent to him for a positive ANA, which turned out to be a false positive!

August 7th, 2016
No better arthritis doc, but even more!

July 30th, 2016
good in many areas
Best doc there is. My arthritis in complete control. Now he helping my diet and nutrition. We was a professor of nutrition at UT for years. A bonus!

June 28th, 2016
excellent doctor have been sick for about 10 yrs.. have been to about 4 rheumatologist in Knoxville they haven't done much for me. been seeing Dr. Namey for about 3 months and has taken care of many things...have been misdiagnosed the whole time till seeing him.

June 16th, 2016
Excellent Rheumatologist! I question the validity of some of these negative reviews....
When I decided to see Dr. Namey I was barely able to get around. The pain was miserable and I honestly wanted to die. In an effort to find a diagnosis; I traveled out of state, I saw several specialists, and I had all kinds of tests and procedures. This pain occurred following a ruptured brain aneurysm. Either the hemorrhage triggered a gene for the type of arthritis I have or the Clostridium Difficile Colitis that I obtained in the hospital did. Who knows? He diagnosed me the first appointment. He put me on medication. He confirmed that diagnosis with tests, specifically genetic tests. Over the years that I have seen him I went from barely getting around to being energetic, vibrant and virtually pain free. He has my hormones under control. I'm losing weight. I joined the gym and am even hiking and participating in a boot camp fitness class. In this class I keep up with the men. Having worked in the medical field many years you can bet I thoroughly checked Dr. Namey out. Of course he is board certified. He is so intelligent he could pass the boards with his eyes closed. Also, patients do not sit around discussing one another's diagnosis. There is no way someone can honestly say Dr. Namey diagnoses patients with the same thing. That statement alone makes me question who is writing the review. Personally, I know two people who go there who are diagnosed with two different autoimmune conditions, not psoriatic arthritis. One person I referred myself. The other is a family friend. He spends a lot of time with his patients. He tries to save his patients money. From time to time I get steroid injections there. They work better than any other injections I have had. I don't know what I would do without him. No other doctors compare. One time I even saw an orthopedic specialist. He said "nothing could be done for me" and was so rude. Afterwards I contained myself until I got in the car and then I cried. It was foolish to go there because I have Dr. Namey who never fails me. Don't let these negative reviews keep you from going there. If he puts you on a treatment trust him and stay on the treatment even if you feel queasy at first. It will pass. My medications give me no side effects. The latest and greatest drugs aren't always the best. I've been in remission for years now and am on older and less expensive drugs. My labs are perfect. Know that he will be different from any physician or specialist you have probably ever seen. I enjoy going there. Being different is not always a bad thing. He has never been rude to me. He always listens to me. Sometimes he may talk about things not related to my condition. It's nothing bad. He's just making a connection and I am courteous and listen. Sometimes he may run behind but it's because he actually spends time with his patients. At my previous family doctor he was cutting me off and rushing out the door after 15 minutes. The main thing is I can finally live a normal life. At 45 I feel like I'm 25 again. If I sound protective, I am. I've been seeing him for years now. I know how bad of shape I was in then and how well I am doing now. It's all because of him. It upsets me to see some of these negative reviews because I question the motive of who is writing them. There will be negative reviews for any physician but some are very questionable.

June 4th, 2016
Amazing doc!
Amazing doctor. He can "look" at you and make many diagnoses others miss!

May 31st, 2016
I feel if you read the ratings you can see a pattern of a once highly respectable Doctor becoming less so My experience was not good Took a family member there . He of course diagnosed psoriatic arthritis, didn't listen to patient, spoke about his finances and personal matters. Something seems to be going on with him. Too many blood tests, not enough listening, downing other docs. Felt something wasn't right, refused to take my patient there again.

April 4th, 2016
Not even Board Certified!
Terrible Doctor practicing outside of his scope. He has never passed either his internal medicine or rheumatology boards.

March 16th, 2016
If I had not found Dr. Namey, I would be dead now. I was in so much pain & kept getting misdiagnosed, until I had decided if something didn't change with my pain, I was going to jump off the bridge & end it. Going by his nutrition suggestions, I was able to lose 90 lbs. & go water ski & ride horses again. He gave me my life back.

January 26th, 2016
I am not sure what is going on with Dr. Namey. The last few times I have saw him it's like he really isn't all here. He would completely get off topic about things that weren't of the medical field. I think it's time to find a new Rheumotologist. Has anyone else had this happen?

January 14th, 2016
Great doc!
Remarkable! He took me off of Enbrel for my RA and has me in remission with less costly and safer drugs. It wasn't quick, took several months, but I am much better. Not in the pocket of big Pharma!

November 14th, 2015
superior doc
I travel 120 miles to see him. Recommended by numerous friends!