A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Newland:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Newland, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Newland graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.
Dr. Newland has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Roper Hospital
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Newland accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans