Dr. Thomas Newton MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Shenandoah, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 10th, 2016
Excellent colorectal surgeon. Thinks through best treatment options for you

December 17th, 2015
need more physicians like this one

May 25th, 2014
Best Crohns Surgeon in our area.
I have severe Crohns disease and was having severe pain, bloating, and all the usual symptoms. Dr. Newton had to resections as well as remove 2/3 of my colon. He spent 2 hours extra trying to remove as little of my colon as was possible. The surgery allowed me to enjoy life and enjoy remission for the 1st time in years. He came and spoke with me several times both before and after my surgery. He is an excellent listener and explained the questions I asked in great detail. That was over 10yrs ago. Now I am facing surgery again, and I will use Dr. Newton again. I trust him implicitly, and know he will have my best interest in mind when he operates on me again. I just cannot say enough good things about him.

August 8th, 2013
EXCELLENT DOCTOR!
Accurate diagnosis, Compassionate, Courteous Staff (Yesenia], Superior Bedside Manner! Takes time to explain all aspects clearly! Excellent "hands" during Surgery! Excellent Follow-up! Highly Recommend!

June 30th, 2013
Wonderful experience
I was referred to Dr. Newton regarding surgery for diverticulitis. He gave me a lot of office time for a consult visit and explained all my questions and outlined the options in a honest and straight forward manner. When I need to have my surgery, I will definitely be using him. I developed a lot of trust in that one visit.

June 18th, 2013
Job well done!
I want to thank Dr. Newton and his staff for being so professional as I had to have surgery. Everything went well! Dr. Newton was able to put my mind at ease which helped me through the process. I would recommend him to any person who has any colon issues.

May 22nd, 2013
Utter dissapointment :(
Was operated by Dr Newton on 15 Dec 2012. I knew Id be given a loop ostomy but he constructed what has to be the worst loop ostomy in the history of loop ostomies.xtremely flush with the skin causing stoma to drain under bag and not into bag,even a convex bag is nearly impossible to last long and it constantly bleeds and is so huge any bigger the bags would be impossible to fit over the gigantic stoma.Also the stoma overhangs the skin so constantly moist under making adhesion of paste or seals nearly impossible for long.Combo of blood,intestinal mucus and feces makes it extremely hard for bags to last. Insult to injury he didnt even once visit with me in the hospital after. I guess he didnt at all consider me his patient since I was a last minute on call saturday surgery for him he filled in for another doctor and must have been in a screaming hurry with me.Didnt at all consult with me on what side of my body I wanted the stoma on,im right sided so it would have been better on the right. I thought the 'pros' would have my best intrest and comfort in mind since I am the one who has to live with the consequences of the doctors surgeries.Later consultation with another surgeon same clinic revealed was no reason couldnt put stoma on my right side and construct a better stoma. Even though you hadent planned on operating on me that day I was still your patient. For your shoddy stoma work and not consulting with me before hand I give you a fail.

April 12th, 2013
Patient
My doctor was absolutely great and I would recommend him to anyone who has an issue with his/her colon. He made me feel so at ease when I visited with him and during the surgery, he was so encouraging. Thank God things worked out for me. Thanks Dr. Newton for all that you did. Keep up the great work! You are amazing!

August 3rd, 2012
Nothing to say BUT GOOD!
Awesome, caring, professional Doctor. Will recommend him to everyone!

August 17th, 2011
L. Vohsen
Dr. Newton is the most caring and compasionate surgen I have ever had he has preformed three surgeries on me after medication no longer worked for Ulcerative Colities. The first surgery was at chrismas time and he was even there on chrismas Eve when I was discharged. I had problems with recovery and he took excellent care of me until I was totally healed. I saw dr. Newton almost every week for about two years. they do not make doctors like him he is trully one of a kind.

January 11th, 2011
Great Dr.

January 7th, 2011
Highly recommended
Dr. Newton treated my husband for Diverticulitis and performed surgery. Throughout this procedure he was very informative about what he was going to do and very straight forward with what he expected the outcome to be. I never once felt we were lost in medical terminology, and were made feel confident that the procedures were being done by a competant doctor. I always felt like he was happy to answer questions. He would most certainly be at the top of my list to recommend to anyone who needed this type of specialist.