inactive

Thomas M Nolen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 20th, 2016
Ignored and frustrated
Quite a number of my complaints have been addressed by those who have posted before me. I have had Dr. Nolen as my primary care physician for 4 years. Was the first doctor I saw after moving to Alabama. He seems uninterested in me, as his patient, even walking into the exam room recently and calling me by the wrong name. Wait times are long, even if you have the first appointment of the day, lab results are not given unless something is wrong, phone messages on their nurse hotline are not returned, and trying to leave a message on their online patient portal are ignored. After four years + I am now researching to find another doctor.

August 11th, 2015
The wait was a little longer than wanted but Dr. Nolen was great!

November 6th, 2013
Does not work with military
I had a walk-in vista with Dr Nolen and he was very rude! He did not treat me for my visit because I am Air Force Reserves and he commented that he hd "too many bad experiences with military" he told be to go on base fro treatment and I explained that I could not because I am not active duty and plus the base is an hour away. He then told me to go back to American Family Care where I was previously seen. He then left the room, I was very upset at the whole experience. I am a stay at home mom and I had my 8 month old son with me and we waited about 2 hours to be seen just to be told that he was not going to treat me. He is the absolute worst doctor that I have ever had. Please do not give him any of your money and go see a real doctor that cares more about his patients than a "bad experience". I am sure the experience I had is worst than anything he has ever felt with in his life. I am serving the United States and can't get treatment because of my job that I love.

September 9th, 2013
Disgruntled
After a long wait, I spent far more time having my temp and blood pressure taken than I spent with doctor. For this I was billed $125. In years past, my doctors have always given me 1 year prescriptions. This year, I have to call the nurse to request a refill every month. I never receive the courtesy of a return phone call and the prescription may or may not be called in to the drug store. My pharmacist says they have the same problem with them. Will have to stick it out until another doctor visit is required for refills, at which time I will find another doctor.

March 27th, 2013
Great experience
I had a great experience, for my first visit, with Dr. Nolen. He was very courteous, thorough and took time to answer all my questions. I had paperwork to fill out, as a new patient, so the wait time of approximately 40 min. was not bad at all, considering I was a walk-in and didn't have an appointment. His staff was very courteous and sympathetic. I will be making him my primary care physician without hesitation. Don't understand why the negative comments on here, maybe the patient needs to take a little responsibility and follow up better themselves. After all, doctors are very busy and have more than 1 patient to follow up on. If you have a complaint, did you go to the doctor and let him know about it? They can't fix it if they don't know about it. I would highly recommend Dr. Nolen as a family physician.

July 3rd, 2012
No Call Back Ever
He seemed to take decent time with me and sent me for some test. But what good are test when they don't call you or won't return your call with results. Blood test over a month ago and other test at hospital 2 weeks ago. Called left msg guess I just need to go there doubt will do me any good

June 28th, 2012
Have to leave a message for nurse if you have any questions. Never calls the number left for call back. Office message says they will call you back at their convenience which could be days or never.

May 16th, 2012
Worst experience ever!!
Do not use this doctor if you ever need test results or a follow up call. I have left numerous messages without even a phone call back. Staff is rude and seem very unconcerned for patient. It has now been a week and a half and have not been called back with bone scan results that were supposed to be back in 2 days. Bloodwork took over a week for call back as well which I was also told would take 2 days!! Go anywhere but here!!!

October 9th, 2010