Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Awful, rude, degrading physician.  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

He was so rude and I will never see this doctor again. I also discourage anyone from wasting your time with him. He sat there and degraded me and told me all these awful things about my medical condition and all the things I wouldn't be able to do instead of encouraging me and helping me learn how to live a normal life. Not to mention I waited 1.5 hours to see him

|  Worst Experience EVER  |  show details
by Kaley on Jun 25th, 2013

My wait time was 2 hours and my appointment lasted 2 minutes. When I finally met with Dr. Nowotny he made me feel uncomfortable. He came off as a self righteous a**hole and seemed to have no concern about his patients. I am living in the area for the summer and have a psychiatrist I meet with when I'm at school, but I figured it was best for my mental health to meet with a psychiatrist while I was here. He starts off by saying he doesn't understand why I'm there and then continues to insult my regular psychiatrist just because he disagrees with the medications I am prescribed. He degraded me and claimed that I abused drugs because I smoke marijuana and that he would not be prescribing me my medications. The medications were not my main concern and not my reason for being upset. It was the way I was treated, like dirt. I began to have an anxiety attack because I was so uncomfortable and left. As a psychiatrist, I would expect you to make sure I left in a better state of mind than when I came in, not worse. He did not even care to make sure I was okay and as a patient with past suicide attempts I find this very irresponsible. To top it off, they are trying to charge me for that (LITERAL) 2 minutes that I met with him. I've met with several different doctors and never have I ever been somewhere so unprofessional and rude. I would not recommend this doctor on my worst enemy.

|  Drug Dealer  |  show details
May 23rd, 2013

Dr. Nowotny is nothing more than a drug dealer. He is providing my mother with abilify from his supply of samples which she takes in combo with another anti depressant. I suppose if one isn't good enough two must do the trick. She is no better, still depressed, still disconnected from her normal functioning emotions and after 46 years of marriage left my father. I don't think Dr. Nowotny has any idea the damage my mother has done to herself and the relationships with her family. Without knowing how could he help. But it is his job to know before giving away drugs in the manner he does. On her best days she is a walking stoned out zombie. On bad days, most days, she is disconnected from any emotional awareness, hers or those of others. Hence she has damaged her family relationships and is often wreckless with her anger. The person we once knew is long gone and there seems to be no way to reach her rationally. Dr Nowotny's "practice" on my mother is unethical and he should not be trusted

|  Has no time for patients  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

Did a horrible job of working with me on medications. Spent only a few minutes with me on each visit - essentially to just prescribe same medicines over and over that weren't really working. He had no desire to help find something else that might work. Always seemed in a hurry to get somewhere else. Did NOT like this Doctor at all.

Feb 3rd, 2012

Excellent care - always

Jun 14th, 2011

He was able to get to the issues I was experiencing quickly. My medications took some tinkering, but we found what works. Thanks!

Apr 13th, 2011

Dr. Nowotny spends a lot of time with his patients

|  THANK YOU DR. NOWOTNY  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2010

dr. nowotny hAS ALWAYS responded to my needs promptly...he always explains how my medications work and gives me detailed written instructions as to any changed or new medications...he spends as much time as i (or my family)need each visit, sometimes up to an hour or more... my family feels he has been responsible for saving my life on several occasions...dr.nowotny truly cares about my progress and always gives me treatment options.

|  Dead wrong  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

I called the office due to a severe reaction to a prescribed medicine. After waiting two days to receive a return call, I described symptoms to Dr. Nowotny. He told me none of the medicines had the side effects I described. I then got on webmd and learned ALL my symptoms WERE side effects of the meds. I will never go back!

|  Calling in medicine  |  show details
May 25th, 2009

A few times he wouldn't call in medicine that I needed, and I was afraid I'd end up in the emergency room.

|  Refills  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2008

Dr. refused to call in a refill for needed meds to get through until next vistit. Next appt was not for 2 weeks. Ended up in ER in serious withdrawls. Office personnel could not care less and neither did he.