Psychiatrist

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 25th, 2016

The practice of this facility is consistent over the last several years; a minimum of a hour wait not matter what day or time of the week of your appointment. Not to mention that not once through the years did the Doctor ever apologize. On to the next.

Mar 16th, 2016

I will not see this Dr. Again. I have been to him for over a year and have yet to have a pleasent experience. I don't need to see a Psychiatrist that when I leave I feel worse.

Mar 2nd, 2016

Very personable. Easy to talk with.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Aug 26th, 2015

Explains things in great detail.Involves me in medication reviews.

Unbelievable and appalling. show details Unbelievable and appalling.
Jul 13th, 2015

Don't be mislead by the friendly, seemingly helpful staff-Todd. I waited 2hrs to see him. I was treated in a hostile manner from the moment I met him until I left. The experience was surreal. I was excited to finally get to meet him after the accolades from Todd. I was yelled @ for not bringing my med bottles( not asked to), grilled on how I got referred to him, that he would never have accepted me. I was a Mercy Hospital referral, and was told the meds I had been taking for 15 yrs from my Psych of 27 yrs were inappropriate. We moved here recently from out of state. If my visit had been videotaped, I believe he would be sanctioned by the Board. The cruelest Dr I have ever met. His staff apologized when I left stating he was in a bad mood and wasn't usually like that. Right.......

Awful, rude, degrading physician. show details Awful, rude, degrading physician.
Apr 23rd, 2014

He was so rude and I will never see this doctor again. I also discourage anyone from wasting your time with him. He sat there and degraded me and told me all these awful things about my medical condition and all the things I wouldn't be able to do instead of encouraging me and helping me learn how to live a normal life. Not to mention I waited 1.5 hours to see him

Has no time for patients show details Has no time for patients
Jun 4th, 2012

Did a horrible job of working with me on medications. Spent only a few minutes with me on each visit - essentially to just prescribe same medicines over and over that weren't really working. He had no desire to help find something else that might work. Always seemed in a hurry to get somewhere else. Did NOT like this Doctor at all.

Feb 3rd, 2012

Excellent care - always

Jun 14th, 2011

He was able to get to the issues I was experiencing quickly. My medications took some tinkering, but we found what works. Thanks!

Apr 13th, 2011

Dr. Nowotny spends a lot of time with his patients

THANK YOU DR. NOWOTNY show details THANK YOU DR. NOWOTNY
Nov 19th, 2010

dr. nowotny hAS ALWAYS responded to my needs promptly...he always explains how my medications work and gives me detailed written instructions as to any changed or new medications...he spends as much time as i (or my family)need each visit, sometimes up to an hour or more... my family feels he has been responsible for saving my life on several occasions...dr.nowotny truly cares about my progress and always gives me treatment options.

Dead wrong show details Dead wrong
Oct 5th, 2010

I called the office due to a severe reaction to a prescribed medicine. After waiting two days to receive a return call, I described symptoms to Dr. Nowotny. He told me none of the medicines had the side effects I described. I then got on webmd and learned ALL my symptoms WERE side effects of the meds. I will never go back!

Calling in medicine show details Calling in medicine
May 25th, 2009

A few times he wouldn't call in medicine that I needed, and I was afraid I'd end up in the emergency room.

Refills show details Refills
Dec 14th, 2008

Dr. refused to call in a refill for needed meds to get through until next vistit. Next appt was not for 2 weeks. Ended up in ER in serious withdrawls. Office personnel could not care less and neither did he.